Florida Bar Allegedly Prepares Case against Baez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, this is interesting. I hadn't heard about JB financial woes. The ex-wife, is there just one? Is he about to have a second one? I can't imagine what KC and JB said behind closed doors to Judge S that made him say everything was OK. JB has got to see KC as the goose laying the golden eggs. I still think there might be more than financial goals--remember all those long hours KC spent at his office? Wonder if they can depose his secretary. Do they have privilege of some kind?

I would imagine JB's staff has privilege, but if he is brought up on criminal charges they should have to answer any questions that pertain, within a very narrow scope.

Actually, his problems with the Bar BEGAN 10 years ago. It took until September of 2005 for him to be admitted, so technically the problems continued until 2005. Then there is the little issue mentioned in part 2 of the OS article -- JB still owed his ex-wife $4000 in back child support in 2007! This had to be an amount owed from the past (during the years he was not admitted to the bar), because his daughter is about the same age as KC, beyond the age of needing to pay child support. Did he come to some agreement to pay the $12,000 to satisfy the Bar, and then not pay it all? This looks just as fishy and slimy as his NON non-profits he formed to show the Bar that he was "rehabilitated".

JB's ex-wife began collecting on his past debt by payroll allotment from Lexis/Nexis the amount of $550/mo which means his daughter was past 18 at the time. (The child support agreement was only $200/mo)

Apparently after he stopped collecting that paycheck he also stopped paying child support, but being found in contempt means he either paid up or he was going to jail, unless he and his ex came to a mutual decision about the arrears.

Snipped from part 1 http://www.orlandosentinel.com

Records show that a court in Miami docked $550 a month from his LexisNexis paycheck in 2004 to pay child support to his first wife.

Part 2

And in January 2007, four months before he bought a $670,000 waterfront home in a country-club community on East Lake Tohopekaliga, Baez was held in contempt of court for failing to pay $4,000 in child support, according to Miami-Dade Clerk of Court records.

His office spokeswoman, Marti Mackenzie, told the Sentinel that Baez and his former wife have resolved their support issues.
(Yeah I'll just bet they have, I hope his ex collected every cent!)

He can buy a 2/3 $M house but skips out on his ex for 4G! What a chump thing to do....

When will we know the out-come of all this? Why is JB still out there runnin his mouth?

darn, I thought kc would have trial with this bozo and then she would get DP.

I need help! Did KB make a statement to JB about his wife posting pictures on Facebook? KB I believe asked JB how he felt about this? Did The tall male reporter say to JB something to the fact of JB's pics being difficult to look at while having breakfast. Can we find the pics in the Orlando Sentineal site?

I need help! Did KB make a statement to JB about his wife posting pictures on Facebook? KB I believe asked JB how he felt about this? Did The tall male reporter say to JB something to the fact of JB's pics being difficult to look at while having breakfast. Can we find the pics in the Orlando Sentineal site?

seeing gr bare chested early in the am did the tall guy in....I to would like to see that article.....

...and one reporter could be heard saying: Better than I expected.
...comment as Jose was going through the door.:)

Baez answers questions before depo this morning - and Kathi B. gets in a couple good ones, like one about the Sentinel article.

He says near the end "I can't just ignore what the court orders" even though he apparently has in the past...

http://www.wftv.com/video/19372636/index.html

Well, I am probably fixin to either get banned or my post might just disappear.

BUT

I just watched this video and I just realized something. JB reminds me of my X-husband #1. Don't know why I haven't realized this before. The only thang I can figure is that JB has more meat on his bones. He is so FULL of himself. He liked all them reporters following him to the "BEST" "SPOT" of his choosing.
I would like to slap his azz and then spit in his face. Good thang I am poor and old----would be on my way to Orlando. Who the H3ll does he think he is??????? Please------Judge S. do something to get JB's mug off T.V.

seeing gr bare chested early in the am did the tall guy in....I to would like to see that article.....
Just don't tell me he was wearing a speedo! Middle age men need to forget about those male thong things! LOL I only have eyes for my Budda Belly man and anyone elses is the last thing I want to see especiaaly while drinking my morning coffe and reading my paper. So should we view that pic at are own risk?

One thing that made me take notice at one of the last two courtoom hearings is that Judge Stricland stated his daughter is a part of the media and he understands sweeps week quite well. I'm sure Judge S. has been kept abreast through his daughter over the years how media can play an important or not part of the judicial system. Judge S. knows how far media might go in finding facts and so far hasn't ruled anything against those local media outlets. Everyone but JB can see how JB trys to manipulate the media press releases and are just scratching their heads saying, "Why?"

The FL bar might want to take a gander at the recently filed Change Of Venue ("COV") motion, being discussed here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83805.

In said motion, JBaez fails to explain away the fact that he, with his client standing next to him on occasion, continued to be interviewed by the very news/radio stations that he's listed in this COV motion.

It is my opinion that, since

(1) JBaez opposed the gag order filed by the SA
, and

(2) JBaez, with his client in tow at times, was interviewed on various radio/television shows, and

(3) JBaez, on Monday, May 4, 2009, filed a motion for a COV for Casey's trial, arguing that the media coverage has compromised her chances of obtaining a fair trial,

JBaez has inadvertently/indirectly admitted that his own actions have caused potential prejudice to his client. Casey does have a right to a fair trial before impartial jurors and if her own attorney has contributed in the foregoing ways to the inability of Casey to obtain a fair trial in the county in which she resides, then said attorney should not, IMHO, be allowed to remain as counsel.

Strickland is media savy

One thing that made me take notice at one of the last two courtoom hearings is that Judge Stricland stated his daughter is a part of the media and he understands sweeps week quite well. I'm sure Judge S. has been kept abreast through his daughter over the years how media can play an important or not part of the judicial system. Judge S. knows how far media might go in finding facts and so far hasn't ruled anything against those local media outlets. Everyone but JB can see how JB trys to manipulate the media press releases and are just scratching their heads saying, "Why?"
Which is why I hope he or someone else notices JBaez's screwups and notifies the FL state bar.

We don't want to see an appeal granted due to JBaez's screwups. :doh:

Just don't tell me he was wearing a speedo! Middle age men need to forget about those male thong things! LOL I only have eyes for my Budda Belly man and anyone elses is the last thing I want to see especiaaly while drinking my morning coffe and reading my paper. So should we view that pic at are own risk?

speedos=ewwwwwwwww any age!!! they bug me--Do agree about hte thong things...do still want to see that pic since gr proudly proclaimed that jb wouldn't cheat on his wife due to her beauty....(spoken like a man who has cheated on his other wives....:furious:)----

I thought it was the cival trial judge who had the daughter in the media? :waitasec:

Florida Bar confirms new complaint against Jose Baez

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-jose-baez-bar-complaint-20110202,0,3961011,full.story
The Orlando Sentinel inquired about the possibility of a new Bar complaint against Baez after reviewing a recently released law enforcement interview with Brad Conway, the former attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, Casey Anthony's parents.

During that interview, Conway complained about Baez' behavior and said he had misrepresented certain facts to the court.

Several messages left for Conway this week were unanswered, so it is unclear if Conway's concerns expressed to Orange County detectives were also shared with The Florida Bar.

Baez hung up the phone as soon as a reporter called to ask about the complaint this morning.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thank you for bumping this, nums! :blowkiss:

This has become common practice to file bar complaints against Baez.
At some point in time, it seems he shall lose that license that took him 8 years to obtain.

All for not, Mr Baez. All for not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back