Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarasota County beaches open with restrictions

I was going to go for a bicycle ride with the Mr today after work but had a challenging day at work so that is not going to happen.

Over the weekend we had "the talk" about moving and will probably decide between North Dakota and Wyoming, possibly later this year. North Dakota appeals to us because taxes are reasonably low.

I regret to say I have had enough of Florida for too long now. I am sorry to say this.

Anywhere but here.

I was going to go for a bicycle ride with the Mr today after work but had a challenging day at work so that is not going to happen.

Over the weekend we had "the talk" about moving and will probably decide between North Dakota and Wyoming, possibly later this year. North Dakota appeals to us because taxes are reasonably low.

I regret to say I have had enough of Florida for too long now. I am sorry to say this.

Anywhere but here.

Oh, come to Montana! I moved here from Miami, and love it. The winter isn't that bad...haven't missed the $20 an hour parking a bit.

We live close to the lake, and love it. No gators.

Anywhere but here.
I’ve had a couple friends leave too. One went to Pigeon Forge, TN in 2018, which being a tourist trap, is now a ghost town. She’s lost her job and will likely lose her home because she’s a lousy money manager.

The other went to east Atlanta, in Lawrenceville, GA. She works from home so is still employed, and her husband is retired. They love it there. Not too cold, not too hot.

Anywhere but here.
Good for you!!

Although I have been here for a while, I’m a transplant from NY, also living many years in Canada. I have wanted to leave Florida for some time. Tired of the awful summers and all the storms. I miss the cold. Unfortunately Mr. BUF won’t go. He still has his elderly father here, which I understand.

Hi Florida... the GA thread is very quiet so visiting y’all to vent. Yesterday GA began the partial reopen & I already see signs of all caution tossed out the window. VERY CONCERNED...

Drove to pick up “no contact” pizza this eve & saw SO MANY PEOPLE wandering around chatting it up- no masks, no distancing. The impact of prematurely lifting sheltering won’t be clear until 4-6 weeks from now. For the next 1-3 weeks, people will get infected. But symptoms won’t show up until 2-14 days after exposure. And test results won’t confirm C-19 for another 7-14 days after that. I really think this is going to be bad. We plan to keep working from home & doing grocery pick-up. Not sure how long that’ll work with everything all around us opening back up. It’s really scary. Jmo.
This Japanese Island Lifted Its Coronavirus Lockdown Too Soon and Became a Warning to the World
Definitely, your warning is appropriate. I, too, cannot believe caution is being thrown to the wind. Seems few are listening. It will take a major set back. AND, that set back is coming. We still have county, state fairs scheduled. There is now a July 4 celebration in D.C. Gonna be a rough ride. I'm staying home.

How big are the mosquitos. #important :/

None, compared with the Everglades. Seriously, I haven't needed to use that DEET since I left Miami. Loving that. Eau de DEET! yuck!

If you go to Glacier or Yellowstone, you may want some, but they are nothing, really. And, drum roll....no cockroaches in my house, no sugar ants...no bugs live here.

Good for you!!

Although I have been here for a while, I’m a transplant from NY, also living many years in Canada. I have wanted to leave Florida for some time. Tired of the awful summers and all the storms. I miss the cold. Unfortunately Mr. BUF won’t go. He still has his elderly father here, which I understand.

Ha, I LOVED going to the NHL Panthers games, in Fort Lauderdale. The only games where the home team is booed. Everyone has their Maple Leaf shirts, Bruins, it is great. Everyone there is a Snowbird.

Ha, I LOVED going to the NHL Panthers games, in Fort Lauderdale. The only games where the home team is booed. Everyone has their Maple Leaf shirts, Bruins, it is great. Everyone there is a Snowbird.
I love hockey too...season tickets every year!! Good friend’s father was one of the Canadiens.

We went to one hockey game in Central Fl...just wasn’t the same!

I love hockey too...season tickets every year!! Good friend’s father was one of the Canadiens.

We went to one hockey game in Central Fl...just wasn’t the same!

You really should go see a Panthers game in Fort Lauderdale. Not too expensive, and tons of fun. Sigh. When will we be able to do that again?! This next season? With our masks? Everyone six feet away? Should be an interesting season.

And the Miami Heat has redone the stadium, new food vendors. Foot long beers, with a foot long hot dog. Can't get better than that...

Ha ha, just checked the website for Miami Heat...at American Airlines Arena....
"For the safety and enjoyment of all guests masks which conceal any part of the face may not be worn while in attendance at any American Airlines Center event."

I bet that policy will be revised.
A-Z Guide | AmericanAirlines Arena

Last edited:
Denials soar as Florida rejects thousands of unemployment claims

On Friday, one in four unemployed Florida workers got their claim denied by the state, and as of Sunday night, that number was two in five.

“When I went on this morning, it said that I was not eligible,” said Central Florida resident John Gauci.

On Friday, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity took its CONNECT website offline to process claims. That downtime resulted in DEO increasing its processing rate from 30% to 79.1%, it also resulted in denials increasing from 27.6% to 40.3%.

[URL="https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/27/coronavirus-cvs-ups-delivering-prescriptions-with-drones.html"]CVS and UPS will use drones to deliver prescriptions in a retirement community amid coronavirus outbreak
[/URL]
CVS and the United Parcel Service will start using drones next month to deliver prescription medications to residents in a Florida retirement community in an effort to maintain social distancing measures, UPS announced Monday.

Starting early May, the 135,000 residents in The Villages can receive their medications via Matternet’s M2 drone system, in cooperation with the Federal Aviation Administration. The drones will drop off prescriptions to a location near the community and a truck finish the delivery, UPS said. The company said it may expand its service to include deliveries from two more local CVS pharmacies.

You really should go see a Panthers game in Fort Lauderdale. Not too expensive, and tons of fun. Sigh. When will we be able to do that again?! This next season? With our masks? Everyone six feet away? Should be an interesting season.

And the Miami Heat has redone the stadium, new food vendors. Foot long beers, with a foot long hot dog. Can't get better than that...

Ha ha, just checked the website for Miami Heat...at American Airlines Arena....
"For the safety and enjoyment of all guests masks which conceal any part of the face may not be worn while in attendance at any American Airlines Center event."

I bet that policy will be revised.
A-Z Guide | AmericanAirlines Arena
Yeah, now it’s going to say “Don your best bank robber outfit.” Pantyhose on your head, bandana across your face and rubber gloves...... LOL!

Denials soar as Florida rejects thousands of unemployment claims

On Friday, one in four unemployed Florida workers got their claim denied by the state, and as of Sunday night, that number was two in five.

“When I went on this morning, it said that I was not eligible,” said Central Florida resident John Gauci.

On Friday, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity took its CONNECT website offline to process claims. That downtime resulted in DEO increasing its processing rate from 30% to 79.1%, it also resulted in denials increasing from 27.6% to 40.3%.

The timing of all the issues/shutdowns/denials for jobless claims will certainly affect the unemployment numbers for the United States which is to come out this Friday morning... I'm not sure what the markets are expecting as to numbers, but will be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanmails