Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing of all the issues/shutdowns/denials for jobless claims will certainly affect the unemployment numbers for the United States which is to come out this Friday morning... I'm not sure what the markets are expecting as to numbers, but will be watching.

I helped my Mom file her UI appeal today. Great, we break every other rule in the world, but hold every single law in UI to the nth degree. If that isn't fed up, I don't know what is...

Tons of people have been applying for work at my daughter's job. She hopes she is secure, and they don't decide to just hire someone else. Lots of people out looking for work.

Well of course we didn’t have issues other states did. We’re not ND or NYC or whatever. We just had a lot of Young, Dumb & Broke” (like the song) spring breakers who thought they were invincible!

I am not surprised the majority of those who live here are not ready to reopen the state. The biggest population is seniors and they know they’re at risk.

DeSantis fires back at coronavirus critics, says Florida didn’t have issues other states did
Don’t forget that the theme parks shut down mid March, which helped with all the travelers from all over...and they made the decision themselves prior to Desantis closing the state.

Waiting for tomorrow when he will probably announce when the reopening will start.

I’m confused about the purpose of this PC. It wasn’t shown on any of our local stations. Anyone else see it on local stations?

I helped my Mom file her UI appeal today. Great, we break every other rule in the world, but hold every single law in UI to the nth degree. If that isn't fed up, I don't know what is...

Tons of people have been applying for work at my daughter's job. She hopes she is secure, and they don't decide to just hire someone else. Lots of people out looking for work.
@mickey2942 your mom is in LV? Did she work at the hotels if I may ask?

@mickey2942 your mom is in LV? Did she work at the hotels if I may ask?

My Mom is retired, and works as an usher, and doing security for concerts. She has been doing this job for the last ten years, and loves it. Her favorite singer is Pitt Bull. She has seen all of the shows...she works for a company that does the venues. She loves her job.

Sometimes she works conventions, sports events, all sorts of things.

The UI in Nevada is so dysfunctional there is even a Facebook webpage group. And I don't think at this point that it is the problem of so many claimants. That was acceptable at 2 or 3 weeks.

At six weeks, there is a management problem, if so many people have not been paid.

With 1,171 coronavirus deaths, Florida awaits word from Gov. DeSantis on when to reopen

ORLANDO, Fla. – The day after thousands of Floridians learned they will have to continue to wait for federal unemployment benefits, Gov. Ron DeSantis met with President Donald Trump at the White House Tuesday as cases of the novel coronavirus neared 33,000 as the decision to reopen the state for business looms large.

The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health reveal 5,222 have been hospitalized since the virus was first detected in the state March 1. DeSantis said Monday about half of those are still currently hospitalized.

By Tuesday, 1,171 have died as the result of COVID-19 related complications, according to the DOH, that number is part of the 32,846 people in Florida who have tested positive for the virus.

State medical officials stress that Florida needs to see the rate in new cases drop consistently in order to see results. On Monday, the last time new numbers were released by the state, Florida was seeing about 9% of tests come back positive on Tuesday that percent dropped by 0.1%.

More @ link
Stay safe

How sweet!!

My elderly FIL had his carer (that sews) make masks for us. She will have someone mail them out. He has been such a good sport about this whole thing...I know how much he misses us coming up there to visit, but totally understands.

"We know how to protect folks and social distance between those two groups and so, I think there's a lot of things we've learned over the last six weeks. So, I think we can take a step forward here in May, continue to build on that, and get America back."

DeSantis on Florida's coronavirus response: 'We know how to protect folks and social distance'
What concerns me is that knowing how to protect yourselves & others, doesn’t make people willing to do it. What I’m seeing here in coastal GA is alot of outright defiance & mockery. No masks, no distancing. Jmo.

And, unemployment insurance in Nevada announced a new head of the department today. Isn't that interesting...
New interim director appointed to Nevada office overseeing unemployment

I wonder when Florida will announce their new chief?!
Glad NV did, hope the same happens here, should have been a while ago with the obvious problems. Spoke to a friend of mine who filed five weeks ago. She was approved, but still no payment. So, so many here in this situation...even worse, some still can’t file.

Last edited:
And the ridiculousness continues...... my kid and my niece.... no income, no state unemployment, no federal unemployment. It's a good thing we all love them and make sure they have a roof over their head and food to eat!!!

Floridians deemed ‘ineligible’ for unemployment should reapply, state says

Almost every Floridian deemed ineligible for unemployment benefits so far should reapply, a Department of Economic Opportunity spokeswoman said Tuesday.

Nearly 268,000 Floridians have been deemed ineligible since March 15 — about 40 percent of all claims the state has processed so far. But most of those people are flagged as ineligible for state benefits, which are hard to receive and max out at only $275 per week.

In reality, those people are likely eligible for the federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance benefits, which are $600 per week and apply to many more people, department spokeswoman Tiffany Vause said.

Any of those people who applied on or before April 4 should reapply regardless of whether they’ve received a response from the department. If they’ve applied on or after April 5, the state will be able to process their claim and they do not need to do anything, Vause said.

What concerns me is that knowing how to protect yourselves & others, doesn’t make people willing to do it. What I’m seeing here in coastal GA is alot of outright defiance & mockery. No masks, no distancing. Jmo.
Perhaps they need to sign that disclaimer going around that they're willing to give up any medical treatment due to their ignorant foolishness. JMO

So sad. These poor people are like an unsuspecting captive audience. They are powerless to change the course.

Multiple long term care facilities with confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Suncoast

Manatee County Locations:
  • Braden River Rehabilitation Center Llc
  • Bradenton Health Care
  • Brookdale Bradenton Gardens
  • Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
  • Life Care Center of Sarasota
  • Manatee Springs Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
  • Neurorestorative Florida
  • Residence at Bay Vue
  • Riviera Palms Rehabilitation Center
  • Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation
  • Westminster Point Pleasant Manatee