Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida medical examiners were releasing coronavirus death data. The state made them stop.

When the medical examiners’ list was available, it showed more deaths than the state’s count.

State officials have stopped releasing the list of coronavirus deaths being compiled by Florida’s medical examiners, which has at times shown a higher death toll than the state’s published count.

The list had previously been released in real time by the state Medical Examiners Commission. But earlier this month, after the Tampa Bay Times reported that the medical examiners’ death count was 10 percent higher than the figure released by the Florida Department of Health, state officials said the list needed to be reviewed and possibly redacted.

They’ve now been withholding it for nine days, without providing any of the information or specifying what they plan to remove.

The medical examiners’ list does not include names. But it provides demographic information, probable cause of death and case summaries with information about each person’s medical and travel history.

Nelson — who is also the medical examiner for Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties — said state officials told him they plan to remove causes of death and case descriptions. Without that information, the list is meaningless, he said.

More @ link
Stay Safe

Still no word on when the gov is going to make his announcement

Is he just going to wait until May 1 and say “we’re open”??
I actually asked my oldest daughter, who is a marine scientist for the state, if they had heard anything yet. She said no, that her manager wants to discuss plans to begin inshore and offshore research trips. The people above them are not supportive of doing any offshore research trips until June. The day trips that are considered inshore may get approved but she can't participate. Only certain office locations can do them and hers isn't one of them. She hasn't said anything about returning to the office. Their desks are so close together in one big room. I'm not sure how they'll solve that. Most employees actually had to take their entire workstation home, not a laptop. So it's not like they can alternate days easily.

Florida medical examiners were releasing coronavirus death data. The state made them stop.

When the medical examiners’ list was available, it showed more deaths than the state’s count.

State officials have stopped releasing the list of coronavirus deaths being compiled by Florida’s medical examiners, which has at times shown a higher death toll than the state’s published count.

The list had previously been released in real time by the state Medical Examiners Commission. But earlier this month, after the Tampa Bay Times reported that the medical examiners’ death count was 10 percent higher than the figure released by the Florida Department of Health, state officials said the list needed to be reviewed and possibly redacted.

They’ve now been withholding it for nine days, without providing any of the information or specifying what they plan to remove.

The medical examiners’ list does not include names. But it provides demographic information, probable cause of death and case summaries with information about each person’s medical and travel history.

Nelson — who is also the medical examiner for Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties — said state officials told him they plan to remove causes of death and case descriptions. Without that information, the list is meaningless, he said.

More @ link
Stay Safe
Exactly what we suspected all along. The Freedom of Information Act is going to bring this to a head I believe. It may take awhile but the truth will come out. I'm tellin' ya, this all about the tourist trade and their image ..... always follow the money. JMO

I often wonder if it's really the person in charge right now or just that they were handed a jacked up system, intentionally set up the way it was, and they'll literally just be the scapegoat.

Well, UI is really set up for the ease of employers. It is not set up to be user friendly for claimants. The intricate administrative process can often leave legitimate claims in the wind.

And, sometimes, things change so fast, that even experienced workers don't know what is going on from one day to the next. So, a person might be ineligible this week, and next week, they change something...

The issue is that obviously the system was screwed up in Florida long before this mess. And they never addressed the problems when it was easy to fix.

As for Nevada, if the chief of UI in Nevada was changed out, probably the old one was glad to go. Someone had to take the blame for the disaster in Nevada, and the governor wasn't going to be stuck with it.

As for "re-opening". Here in Montana, we are supposed to be "Open". Could have fooled me. Basically nothing new is open. No banks, no school, no federal buildings. It seems to be hit and miss right now.

BTW, sad news, two of my favorite restaurants are closing. One, an Indian restaurant, Saffron Table. That is so sad. The owners are from India, and such a wonderful place to go. Hard to find "diversity" in food in Montana.

Another, a small local pizza company.

Probably the first of many.

Exactly what we suspected all along. The Freedom of Information Act is going to bring this to a head I believe. It may take awhile but the truth will come out. I'm tellin' ya, this all about the tourist trade and their image ..... always follow the money. JMO
Yep, “Follow the money honey”

The media will be pit bulls going after this information.

As for "re-opening". Here in Montana, we are supposed to be "Open". Could have fooled me. Basically nothing new is open. No banks, no school, no federal buildings. It seems to be hit and miss right now.

BTW, sad news, two of my favorite restaurants are closing. One, an Indian restaurant, Saffron Table. That is so sad. The owners are from India, and such a wonderful place to go. Hard to find "diversity" in food in Montana.

Another, a small local pizza company.

Probably the first of many.
So sad, but I’m afraid we will be seeing closings of many of our favorite places. We have a few that we’re regulars at...not looking forward to that...but probably not as much as them having to close!

More @ link
Stay Safe
Hey, could this be the reason for the gov’s delay today...just after he was boasting about everything with the pres yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow