Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that doom and gloom fear dialogue sounded like it was scripted for him.

I understand that cooped up feeling in this quarantine, but there is a reason why we are doing it. Sorry to hear all those folks are ready to start running out. Hope they will at least have their face masks on.

BTW, did you hear that starting Monday Costco is requiring all customers to have face masks on.
our costco started it this past week - one of the lawyers couldn't go in - lol. same one who thinks it's just a cold.

33,690 cases
32,801 positive residents
5,589 hospitalizations
1,268 deaths

Those numbers do not look right to me. Maybe those are just from Dade, Palm Beach, and Broward. Then, it would be more in-line with what I believe is actually happening.

I’m thinking in Florida, one alligator distance is the right amount. In the alternative, we can let Darwinism do natural selection for us. No idea where this was taken but I hope whoever got this close, is still living.

Attachments

• F4EC79FD-C7EB-4EF9-A7CA-2BDAE017B2AF.jpeg
    F4EC79FD-C7EB-4EF9-A7CA-2BDAE017B2AF.jpeg
    620.7 KB · Views: 9
Unbelievable, that with the sunshine laws, they have to be told to report accurately with transparency, factual, non ID info but they claim they're within the law not to do. That maybe law now, but guess what someone is likely to submit for change? You can't fool all the people all the time.

Snip:
'The Times noted that the difference in figures has been a concern for Florida's Democratic congressional delegation, who sent a collective letter to DeSantis earlier this month asking for a "detailed explanation of the public health justification" for the difference in tracking methods.
The lawmakers also asked the governor to work with the health department and the medical examiners to make sure coronavirus cases are identified and reported accurately, according to the Times."

Unbelievable, that with the sunshine laws, they have to be told to report accurately with transparency, factual, non ID info but they claim they're within the law not to do. That maybe law now, but guess what someone is likely to submit for change? You can't fool all the people all the time.

Snip:
'The Times noted that the difference in figures has been a concern for Florida's Democratic congressional delegation, who sent a collective letter to DeSantis earlier this month asking for a "detailed explanation of the public health justification" for the difference in tracking methods.
The lawmakers also asked the governor to work with the health department and the medical examiners to make sure coronavirus cases are identified and reported accurately, according to the Times."
Well, that wouldn’t jive with the gov’s scripted statement he’s been pushing of doom, gloom and fear and how FL numbers are so much lower....would it?

Reporters, please keep pushing on this and reporting!

So, for Mother's Day, I seriously sent my Mom an Amazon Prime Pantry box, with paper towels, toilet paper, and various other items. But seriously, when did anyone ever think that sending TP and paper towels would be an appropriate Mother's Day gift?!

As if this world isn't crazy enough!

How to watch UCF’s virtual graduation ceremonies

UCF seniors won’t get to have their typical graduation ceremony this year because of the coronavirus pandemic, but the university has scheduled a series of virtual commencements on Saturday that can be viewed on its Facebook and YouTube pages.

The virtual commencements, during which each graduate’s name will be read, start at 8:30 a.m. with the College of Graduate Studies and run throughout the day. The last commencement is the College of Sciences at 7 p.m. See the full list of ceremony times on UCF’s web site.
UCF officials say they plan to have in-person ceremonies at some point but have released no details.

And another MSM
Thank you @BUF
@JerseyGirl
Federal judge orders the release of ICE detainees from Florida facilities: report

A federal judge in Miami order the release of most U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainees at three Florida facilities on Thursday, citing “cruel and unusual punishment,” a report said.

U.S. District Judge Marcia G. Cooke determined that immigration authorities failed in their “duty to protect the safety and general well-being of the petitioners,” the Miami Herald reported. She said these authorities acted with “deliberate indifference” to the conditions at these facilities despite the coronavirus pandemic’s spread in the U.S.

She wrote that evidence shows ICE failed to protect these detainees and pointed out that social distancing in some of these cases is impossible.

“Further, ICE has failed to provide detainees in some detention centers with masks, soap and other cleaning supplies, and failed to ensure that all detainees housed at the three detention centers can practice social distancing,” Cooke wrote, according to the Herald.

ICE has about 30,000 people detained and tested just 705 detainees, according to its publicly released figures. The agency recently said it would receive 2,000 tests a month from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to ramp up testing of detainees.

How to watch UCF’s virtual graduation ceremonies

UCF seniors won’t get to have their typical graduation ceremony this year because of the coronavirus pandemic, but the university has scheduled a series of virtual commencements on Saturday that can be viewed on its Facebook and YouTube pages.

The virtual commencements, during which each graduate’s name will be read, start at 8:30 a.m. with the College of Graduate Studies and run throughout the day. The last commencement is the College of Sciences at 7 p.m. See the full list of ceremony times on UCF’s web site.
UCF officials say they plan to have in-person ceremonies at some point but have released no details.

I'm sorry. My daughter graduated UCF, she has since graduated but still lives and works in the Orlando area. Great school, she loved it there.

I'm sorry. My daughter graduated UCF, she has since graduated but still lives and works in the Orlando area. Great school, she loved it there.
Yeah, UCF has grown from a small school to quite a large university now. So sad that these graduates don’t get to put on their cap and gown for the ceremony...same goes with all the high school students. There are yard signs all over my neighborhood with “2020 HS Graduate”. I hope that things clear up and postponement ceremonies will take place later...but it won’t be the same.

A little trivia: one of my neighbors was the original knight on the horse mascot for UCF. She was a female in that knight costume trotting out on her horse.

Here in Lee County (Florida) there will be testing at Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers. You don't need a prescription or symptoms. I think that is the way to go. Of course this should have been done at least a month ago but better late than never.

Here in Lee County (Florida) there will be testing at Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers. You don't need a prescription or symptoms. I think that is the way to go. Of course this should have been done at least a month ago but better late than never.

My father-in-law lives in Lee County so I appreciate this. He is fine, but we are happy to see testing available without prescription or symptoms (not that anyone should really get tested without symptoms at this point with tests so scarce).

My father-in-law lives in Lee County so I appreciate this. He is fine, but we are happy to see testing available without prescription or symptoms (not that anyone should really get tested without symptoms at this point with tests so scarce).

i believe everybody should get tested--how else will they find asymptomatic carriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe