Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the pancakes look yummy! And maple syrup....I'm just remembering how nice it is! My mum used to make thin crepes, just a very thin pancake, and we'd put in some fresh strawberry, wee bit of ice cream, roll it up, and then drizzle in maple syrup!

Wee tip, I'm sure you know it already, but you can reheat your pancakes in the toaster!

Still no word on when this new restaurant will open, but here is the menu. Meshico replaces Honey Tree Grille that we liked for breakfast and takeout. The Tex/Mex restaurant was supposed to open last month. Their website suggests that they are hiring all positions, so maybe they don't have enough staff to open. We thought they might be open for Cinco de Mayo, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. We plan to go to Picano's on Thursday.

Final Menu Meshico (meshicotacosandtequila.com)

Still no word on when this new restaurant will open, but here is the menu. Meshico replaces Honey Tree Grille that we liked for breakfast and takeout. The Tex/Mex restaurant was supposed to open last month. Their website suggests that they are hiring all positions, so maybe they don't have enough staff to open. We thought they might be open for Cinco de Mayo, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. We plan to go to Picano's on Thursday.

Camarones taco for me please Bette! And an icy cold Margarita with a good shot or two of tequila in there :D

Hatch chili queso and Nina’s chopped salad for me, please!

You know what? Maybe I should make chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. Inadvertently ordered a huge bag of cookies and kiddo brought me little vanilla ice cream cups. Hmmmm. Probably not while I have Covid huh? Ok, maybe later this week. I have to test negative first.

Hatch chili queso and Nina’s chopped salad for me, please!

I thought the chopped salad sounded good, but the queso is definitely out of the question due to my lactose intolerance :D I made a chili-queso dip for Thanksgiving but didn't have more than a teaspoon for a taste. The dip was featured in a Hormel Chili commercial during the holidays last year. The recipe was simple: A can of Hormel Chili (without beans) and processed "cheese food" (Velveeta). I preferred to use shredded cheddar and stirred the cheese into the chili as it was heating in a saucepan. Served with tortilla chips. Everyone liked it.

You know what? Maybe I should make chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. Inadvertently ordered a huge bag of cookies and kiddo brought me little vanilla ice cream cups. Hmmmm. Probably not while I have Covid huh? Ok, maybe later this week. I have to test negative first.
Sorry to hear you have covid. Hope you are doing ok, be eating those ice cream sandwiches before you know it.

I love mango, and when I was in Panera I was excited to see that they have a new mango yuzu citrus lemonade. I tried it and it is delicious. One of the best mango drinks I have ever had.

According to Panera it has “clean caffeine.” When I looked more closely at the nutrition information I saw that the it has 389 milligrams of caffeine! Yikes! That is approximately the amount of caffeine in two energy drinks.

I love the drink but that is much more caffeine than I usually drink in a couple of days.

Oh No PN. I'm so sorry you have caught Covid... Definitely will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know your system is compromised, so I hope you are feeling ok..

This place reminds me of Irma's Tacos in Venice, FL. They are scheduled to open a location in Sarasota in the fall. I can't wait!

Irma's Tacos, Craft Beer and Tequila Bar | Venice FL

Random Facebook post caught my eye. I may have to add this to my food prep list. They would be great to wrap in wax paper and reheat.

View attachment 342415

Those potatoes look amazing! Would also be great way to use up all the left over mash! I can't be the only one who totally misjudges it everytime!

Made jerk chicken from a packet today, unusual taste, I liked it, it has flavours I can't distinguish, must look at the packet and see what it is! Served with plain rice and salad. I got these cool multi coloured tomatoes from lidl, I enjoyed those.

Attachments

• 20220505_193411.jpg
    20220505_193411.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 23
I baked the premade meal called Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I put it in the oven frozen so it took a little longer. It’s good but I wouldn’t buy it. The inside had cheese which all melted out. It had ham and pepperoni. I wouldn’t add pepperoni unless there was tomato sauce. The breaded topping had a good flavor. I heated a can of Italian beans and they hit the spot. I hadn’t had those in a long time.

Attachments

• DB3224B9-D50A-4BE1-9A68-818C3D359823.jpeg
    DB3224B9-D50A-4BE1-9A68-818C3D359823.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 12
  • E55769E7-F447-420B-BDD2-AA31AF51AFF2.jpeg
    E55769E7-F447-420B-BDD2-AA31AF51AFF2.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 12
Some recipes to try during National Mediterranean Diet Month: Celebrate National Mediterranean Diet Month with these healthy recipes

DH called Meshico last week (same phone number for Honey Tree Grille) and was told that they are running a couple of weeks behind schedule but hope to open before the end of May. We're hoping that the new restaurant might be open for Memorial Day weekend.

I made salmon fillets with vegetables in parchment paper pouches last night.

The vegetables I used were a diced sweet potato, a diced white potato, carrot chunks, fresh Brussels sprouts cut in half, fresh broccoli, grape tomatoes cut in half, an onion cut into chunks, and yellow pepper cut into strips.

I roasted the diced potato, sweet potato, and carrot chunks for 10 minutes. Then I piled them along with the other vegetables on four large rectangles of parchment paper. Then I put one 8 ounce salmon filet on top of each.

I used a combination of maple syrup and liquid aminos to pour over the salmon, then folded the parchment into pouches. After baking at 425 degrees for 25 minutes I let the pouches steam for 5 minutes before opening them and serving.

It turned out very well, the salmon was flaky and the vegetables tender. It was the first time I have cooked salmon in pouches but will definitely add this to our recipe rotation.

^ Your salmon sounds delicious! This is how we usually prepare cod since it doesn't hold up well on the grill. I make a bed of spinach on the foil or parchment, place the cod on top. Season fish with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you like on fish. Place lemon slices, tomato slices, capers, sprigs of fresh thyme on the fish. Add other vegetables if you'd like. We usually add asparagus and/or artichokes. Drizzle with white wine. Wrap pouch tightly and place on baking sheet. Bake at 350* for 30-40 minutes until fish is flaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member