Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Wednesday produce pick up. I’ve got a friend who loves mushrooms and watermelon, fortunately! I’m allergic to both. I don’t think I can eat mangoes either. Now is not the time to test my allergies.

I needed lettuce for my wraps so thrilled to have Romaine. I made the chicken, tzatiki sauce and diced the tomato last night. By that time, I was not hungry and too tired to eat. It will make for a tasty lunch today!

Attachments

• 6AE2CD24-B4D6-4496-8798-8A88EFF61F7F.jpeg
    6AE2CD24-B4D6-4496-8798-8A88EFF61F7F.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 40BE5D60-823C-43DE-8825-CBF81286DEAE.jpeg
    40BE5D60-823C-43DE-8825-CBF81286DEAE.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 34
^ I would love that large container of mushrooms :D Rosemary roasted red potatoes - yum :)
When I pulled up, I saw that plastic container and my first thought was “they’re giving us cookie dough???” LOL! No such luck tho.

The 7lbs of roasted white potatoes I made Monday is nearly gone. Maybe a serving left. We love roasted potatoes. Each morning, I get up and fry a little batch reheat them to go with my eggs.

There is a family restaurant here that serves a Skillet Breakfast. It is layered, fried potatoes, veggies, meat, cheese and topped with eggs. We used to go there all the time and my skillet order was fried potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese & scrambled eggs.

I have been craving carbs, pasta, cake, ice cream, cookies. You guys look like you are all eating so healthy.
Ummmm, no. Half my chocolate cream pie is gone. I’ve made a big dent in my bag of Smarties.

I do however want spaghetti. I have a pkg of ground beef and a pkg of ground turkey in the freezer. I will make sauce, split it into 4 containers and freeze some. That way I’m not tempted to eat pasta daily. It forces me to plan ahead if what I want is frozen. Well, except for frozen chocolate. I just eat it frozen.

I have been craving carbs, pasta, cake, ice cream, cookies. You guys look like you are all eating so healthy.

Not to worry. Everything in moderation. I don't crave sweets often, but when I do, I want black licorice. I tend to crave crunchy, salty snacks like pretzels or tortilla chips, but my new favorite is mini saltine crackers.

Ha ha, my kids just had chocolate chip muffins, chocolate mousse and an apple for breakfast! Bad mom.
I make pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing. I used to feed them to my kids for breakfast. Pumpkin is one of the most nutritious veggies. I gave myself a pass. “There’s a trace of nutrition in there somewhere” is what I said to their Dad when he rolled his eyes.

ETA: added the recipe.

Attachments

• 5C7AA1C2-9ECC-4A2E-96E1-6836F0390830.jpeg
    5C7AA1C2-9ECC-4A2E-96E1-6836F0390830.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Ha ha, my kids just had chocolate chip muffins, chocolate mousse and an apple for breakfast! Bad mom.

You will never live some stuff down. ONE time I let the kids have Krispy Kreme donuts for dinner. Twenty five years later, they still say, "Mom, remember that time you let us have donuts for dinner?".

CSA day
Sunchokes, rhubarb, asparagus, new potatoes, beets, carrots, micro greens, oyster mushrooms.

Yummy! I roasted everything (except rhubarb) on a sheet pan for dinner with a salad.

Lots of leftovers.

I picked up another veggie CSA today. Garlic scapes are in season now. I'm making a batch of garlic scape pesto this afternoon: Garlic Scape Pesto

Since it's hot this weekend, I'll likely be mixing the pesto into some kind of chicken salad or potato salad or pasta salad. Yum.

I just finished making pasta salad that we will nosh on for the next few days. It took exactly one hour to put the humongous salad together while I watched Food Network's The Kitchen (love this show!). I don't recall when I first made the pasta salad, but I think I saw the recipe in a magazine and have made it for years. I always use the same basic ingredients, and the salad is colorful and very satisfying. I have occasionally added cubed salami and Provolone cheese, and I sometimes include sliced scallions or chopped chives.

1# pasta (I like farfalle, rotini, or penne) cooked al dente per package directions
1 large broccoli crown cut into florettes and blanched or steamed until tender
20 oz. can chick peas, drained and rinsed
15 oz. can pitted black olives, drained, halved
8 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts cut into bite size pieces, reserve marinade
10 oz. carton grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
salt, pepper, fresh chopped herbs to taste
1 bottle Italian or Greek vinaigrette plus reserved artichoke marinade

Prepare all ingredients and toss together in large bowl. Add enough vinaigrette to thoroughly coat pasta and veggies. Salad is best when allowed to stand for a few hours. Add more dressing if needed. My pasta salad has always received rave reviews :) We don't do photo sharing, but my salad looks gorgeous in a big white bowl.

Last edited:
CSA day
Sunchokes, rhubarb, asparagus, new potatoes, beets, carrots, micro greens, oyster mushrooms.

Yummy! I roasted everything (except rhubarb) on a sheet pan for dinner with a salad.

Lots of leftovers.
I love beets!!! My A/C is on the fritz and running the oven just makes it worse at home. I guess I’ll have to do a 3rd shift meal prep!

That is if I ever leave the beach today. LOL! Gorgeous breeze and you don’t realize the heat. The water is still refreshing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak