For Those Who Do Think Avery was Framed & Evidence Planted - Discuss

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. I don't know if removing that portion changes things too wildly for the viewer.
It is essentially the same question with the same answer, just not as clear.

All of those "hundreds of other license plate or registration checks" would be done while looking at the plates. The question left in just spells it out explicitly, which is probably done so a broader portion of the audience grasps the point better. I mean, I guess they could have left all of it in, but I don't know, if they left that in something else would have been left on the cutting room floor. I hope some day in the future they release a version where all of the footage is available haha

That's my feelings too Saul (hope you do not mind if I just call you Saul lol). And it was something the juror's heard too, it's not like the question or answer was spliced together to mean something completely different IMO As for the call transcript, I can understand why they cut it, and it doesn't make the call any more or less questionable, again JMO

oh and... SkippTopp did inquire about the trial footage, the court doesn't keep a copy of it and IIRC I don't believe he ever got a response from any of the news stations who would have had copies. Would have loved to have watched it for myself!

oh and... SkippTopp did inquire about the trial footage, the court doesn't keep a copy of it and IIRC I don't believe he ever got a response from any of the news stations who would have had copies. Would have loved to have watched it for myself!

Go ahead and call me Saul. hah

And I meant the whole of the footage captured by the MAM team. All 700 hours or whatever it was haha

Go ahead and call me Saul. hah

And I meant the whole of the footage captured by the MAM team. All 700 hours or whatever it was haha

ohhhh I misunderstood! Wouldn't that be fun? LOL binge watching 700 hours :eek:

Just need one long weekend and a whole variety of popcorn.

And while on the topic of the Colburn call, I learned of the "voice in the background" theory and that always pops into my mind whenever I hear the Colburn call.

(In short, there is a female voice apparently in the background of the call saying something, and different people think it says different things).

I never noticed the voice at all before seeing that theory, now it I can't not hear it.

I think the voice in the background was on the dispatch end of it. JMO

Here is the audio of the full call, at the beginning, I can hear other voices, but they seem to be on Lynn's end.

[video=youtube;4BQv3g2BtC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQv3g2BtC8[/video]

A lot of people told me they couldn't be bothered to watch the ten hour series before criticizing it, so I think complaints that it wasn't long enough won't wash.

I have been following a case from Canada, the Garland trial.

Thought it was interesting that they used a toothbrush to get a known DNA sample of one of the victims.

of course.... it reminded me of SC's testimony.

Q. Low level. If one was to rub a toothbrush up against a key, that might also transfer some low level amount of DNA to the key, right?

A. That would be possible, however, in my experience toothbrushes are not a real good source of DNA. It's very difficult to get a profile from a toothbrush.

For anyone interested, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-grandparents-Alvin-and-Kathy-Liknes-5/page56 , this is the current thread..... anything we get from the court room is from tweets by approved media.

I have been following a case from Canada, the Garland trial.

Thought it was interesting that they used a toothbrush to get a known DNA sample of one of the victims.

of course.... it reminded me of SC's testimony.

Q. Low level. If one was to rub a toothbrush up against a key, that might also transfer some low level amount of DNA to the key, right?

A. That would be possible, however, in my experience toothbrushes are not a real good source of DNA. It's very difficult to get a profile from a toothbrush.

For anyone interested, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-grandparents-Alvin-and-Kathy-Liknes-5/page56 , this is the current thread..... anything we get from the court room is from tweets by approved media.

I have always wondered why it was necessary to go to Theresa's house so many times to recover items that might of had her DNA on them.

What really struck me as odd was the number of panties they took along with some personal item including a sex toy found in one of her dresser drawers.

I looked back through the search warrants a long time ago and tried to line up the time to see if Theresa's DNA profile had already been established at the time more and more items were removed from her house, but can't remember now the timeline of events. It would also be interesting to know if all those items were sent to the Madison Crime Lab or if maybe some items were left in the evidence room.

What better way could there be to to get DNA on a bullet fragment, than use someones dirty underwear. After all it was never determined if the source of TH's DNA on the bullet was from blood or something else IIRC.

JMO

Also does anyone have a link to the video that was taken on the first search of SA's home? The one where the female officer makes comment about using the shoes to solve cold burglaries. I wanted to see if it shows what items were originally on and in the night stand that the key supposedly fell out of. According to testimony the night stand was searched several times, even held up and shook IIRC, but the pictures showing the night stand with the slippers lying next to it with no key and the pictures showing the night stand with the key, show some of the contents like the books in the same positions. If Colburn actually emptied out the night stand and searched it as he said in court and then Lenk came into the room and seen the key lying on the floor. When did the books get put back in and all the stuff get put back on the top of the night stand, basically in the same position the items were in before?

Here is the report that states the Pap smear was provided to SC:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Steven-Avery-Trial-Exhibit-312.pdf

It's dated December 5th, so not sure when she actually got the Pap smear slides. I can't find it in the CASO report. I believe it was Fassbender that retrieved the slides, so it would be in the DCI report (that we don't have).

Panties from TH's house were collected on Nov 14th.
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=262

other items were taken earlier on Nov 6th
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=103

I don't recall seeing any of those items that were taken were tested by SC in the lab to even try to get a DNA sample.

I will have a look around and see if I can find the video for you Joe Friday :)

Can we rehash the TH and BC relationship?

Did we know that KC and BC finalized their divorce on 10-12-05. Did we also know that the portion of the judgement affecting title to Real Estate was entered into the court record on 10-28-05.

Not trying to knock TH or anything...

But when did TH and BC hookup? While he was still married? Seems to me a jealous wife could be a prime suspect.

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/courtReco...set=0&linkOnlyToForm=false&sortDirection=DESC

Did we know that KC and BC finalized their divorce on 10-12-05. Did we also know that the portion of the judgement affecting title to Real Estate was entered into the court record on 10-28-05.

But when did TH and BC hookup? While he was still married? Seems to me a jealous wife could be a prime suspect.

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/courtReco...set=0&linkOnlyToForm=false&sortDirection=DESC

Ok... so according to BC, him and his wife, KC, filed for divorce on 10/26/04. He said that his and TH's thing started early 2005. (page 44 CASO)

According to another friend of TH's, TH had to go to court because of the photo's she had taken and photo's/negatives. Those photo's and negatives were found in TH's room. (page 32 CASO) She also said that TH told her that BC would confide in her about his problems with his wife (maybe before they split?) This is also the friend that said that BC kept calling her.

My smart friend😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ok... so according to BC, him and his wife, KC, filed for divorce on 10/26/04. He said that his and TH's thing started early 2005. (page 44 CASO)

According to another friend of TH's, TH had to go to court because of the photo's she had taken and photo's/negatives. Those photo's and negatives were found in TH's room. (page 32 CASO) She also said that TH told her that BC would confide in her about his problems with his wife (maybe before they split?) This is also the friend that said that BC kept calling her.
So, then there appears to be motive correct? Just hypothesizing, when everything is said and done, KC thinks she is going to get the trailer or alimony or whatever. Things don't go her way and she or someone she puts up to it, decides to take TH out of the picture as revenge for taking her hubby away from her. Sounds logical.

Why didn't CASO check her out?

Dateline will be doing a show on Friday night. Fassbender is interviewed for the show and here is a clip!

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/vid...-interrogation-of-brendan-dassey-876362307788

I am actually surprised at what he says in this clip ...

TF (talking about BD's confession): "....are there parts of it that he may have not have done... I don't know, ya know... I just don't know"

Most investigators are sure. IMO Fassbender is leaving it open ... ya know, in case he's wrong. :rolleyes:

Here is a preview for the show, looks like Kratz will be on too (just the looks of him... then add his voice... makes me *shudder*)

www.nbcnews.com/dateline/video/prev...e-of-wisconsin-vs-steven-a-avery-877014083754

Dateline will be doing a show on Friday night. Fassbender is interviewed for the show and here is a clip!

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/vid...-interrogation-of-brendan-dassey-876362307788

TF (talking about BD's confession): "....are there parts of it that he may have not have done... I don't know, ya know... I just don't know"

Most investigators are sure. IMO Fassbender is leaving it open ... ya know, in case he's wrong. :rolleyes:

Here is a preview for the show, looks like Kratz will be on too (just the looks of him... then add his voice... makes me *shudder*)

www.nbcnews.com/dateline/video/prev...e-of-wisconsin-vs-steven-a-avery-877014083754
I don't know? Seriously? Way to be sure Fassbender ole buddy ole pal😉
Twas only a child's LIFE you risked throwing away should you be mistaken😲😞
JMO

Set my PVR for my namesake's show tonight. Let's hope it's worthwhile and not mediocre fluff.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

So, here's a philosophy question:
Does the EDTA test count as framing or planting?
On the surface, it strikes me as No. But if there is no way to verify the validity of the testing, presenting the findings as scientific and conclusive is misleading at best. It is always sketchy and iffy to present non-peer reviewed science as fact, the prosecution doing it in a courtroom setting makes me want to bite someone.

Every single legitimate science experiment makes their methods and procedures available (you won't get published by a reputable journal without this), though not necessarily easy to access. And no, I'm not claiming the FBI is part of a conspiracy, just their EDTA test, as of the time of the trial was completely unverified and unverifiable but presented as if the conclusions were set in stone. Is misrepresentation in this manner framing/planting?

BBM, I am going by what KZ said about the blood evidence, and according to her the experts have the technology to determine the age of the blood. Then if the blood sample dates back to when they took it from SA when he was incarcerated or whenever they got his blood as opposed to when TH went missing and they found it in the vehicle some years later. So maybe that's what the planting theory will hinge on rather than the EDTA or it could be both?

Just a reminder about the EDTA testing....

The FBI NEVER tested the swabs to even see if it was SA's DNA/blood.

They only tested 3 of the 6 blood stains that were attributed to SA from the RAV4.

The EDTA test was NOT the same as they did for the OJ Case. According to LeBeau, it was an "updated protocol". The defense requested and did not receive the protocol that was used back then. LeBeau testified to testing for EDTA once before (not OJ), and it was a revised protocol because it was not the same scenario. JMO of his testimony. Can be read at the link below :)

LeBeau's testimony:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...-Trial-Transcript-Day-16-2007Mar05.pdf#page=4

Just a reminder about the EDTA testing....

The FBI NEVER tested the swabs to even see if it was SA's DNA/blood.

They only tested 3 of the 6 blood stains that were attributed to SA from the RAV4.

The EDTA test was NOT the same as they did for the OJ Case. According to LeBeau, it was an "updated protocol". The defense requested and did not receive the protocol that was used back then. LeBeau testified to testing for EDTA once before (not OJ), and it was a revised protocol because it was not the same scenario. JMO of his testimony. Can be read at the link below :)

LeBeau's testimony:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...-Trial-Transcript-Day-16-2007Mar05.pdf#page=4
EXCELLENT POST❤😉
Thank you, for helping to keep WS members ( myself included ) up to speed re; the many details & FACTS of this case.
I appreciate this😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members