For Those Who Do Think Avery was Framed & Evidence Planted - Discuss

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Safeguard.... thanks for suggesting to google .... I googled "UV degradation of EDTA" and lots of information came up!

:gthanks:

Safeguard.... thanks for suggesting to google .... I googled "UV degradation of EDTA" and lots of information came up!

Great Posts Missy!

But, I was wondering if you have a link that I could read more about it. I really know nothing about EDTA or blood for that matter. I'm an accountant.

" Google " *slaps knee*
Who knew?!?! 😉❤

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Got it! Thanks it worked!! I'm checking it out now...
So I was reading up on the EDTA, and it looks as though these two scientists wrote an article about it on PubMed.gov.

Appears that introducing oxygen could result in the degradation of EDTA.

I don't really understand it all (I'm an accountant) but you can read more at the link.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16201643

So I was reading up on the EDTA, and it looks as though these two scientists wrote an article about it on PubMed.gov.

Appears that introducing oxygen could result in the degradation of EDTA.

I don't really understand it all (I'm an accountant) but you can read more at the link.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16201643
Not to goad, I don't get it either.

Came across this document this morning - it would seem to indicate that Lt Lenk worked overtime on a missing persons case on November 3rd 2005.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...xhibit-215-James-Lenk-1-11-2007-Interview.pdf

Lenk seems to report that he generally worked the hours between 7:30 AM and quitting time was 3:30 PM.

But Teresa wasn't reported missing until 5:00 PM - after the time he'd be expected to have gone home already.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf

Even if Lenk worked this case until midnight that would be 7 hours at most - but he seems to indicate he worked 11 1/2 hours on it.

Not sure what to think of this. Was Lenk padding his timesheet? Another typo?

hmm proudfootz, I'm not sure. I think it's just wording.

Lenk interview.PNG

He normally worked 7:30-3:30, which is 8 hours. According to Wiegert, after he talked to Colborn, which I think was around 6:30pm, he got a call from Lenk.

From Wiegert's report, page 8:
I also received a phone call from Manitowoc County Lt. JIM LENK. I informed him of the situation. Lt. LENK informed me he would call some people in and assist us in the investigation.

From Dedering's report, page 13:
On Thursday,1ll03l05 at approximately 1900 hrs., I (DEDERING) did arrive at MANITOWOC
CO. SHERIFF's DEPT. There I met with Det. DENNIS JACOBS, Lt. JAMES LENK, Det.
DAVID REMIKER, and Sgt. ANDREW COLBORN regarding this matter.

So my take on the 11 1/2 hour shift is... his normal 8 hour shift, and he went back to work that evening and assisted for 3 1/2 hours, making it an 11 1/2 hour day (not shift like it's worded in the report). IIRC, Buting and Strang did get some sort of records showing the hours they worked, if Lenk stated he was working for 11 1/2 hours solely on TH's missing person case, I think they would have caught it. JMO

On another note.... these reports are so full of errors, whether typo's or goofy wording, I expect more from LE. Again, JMO. I wonder if they reviewed these reports after they were transcribed? If they don't, maybe they should LOL JMO

Yes, it would most likely be a case of getting the call at the end of the day and staying late. So the hours for the day would total 11 1/2 but only the last little bit would be devoted to the missing person case.

Reading the CASO document also linked I see that there is discussion from several of the police that Steven did report that Teresa did show up. Not sure where the rumor that Steven denied she was there originated.

"I did receive a phone call back from Sgt.COLBORN indicating he, in fact, had spoken with STEVEN AVERY. Sgt. COLBORN informed me STEVEN had told him TERESA had shown up on Monday afternoon and took some pictures of his van that was for sale. "

Mark Wiegert report of activities for Nov 3, 2005

(page 8 from link above)

I have no idea why it keeps being said that SA said she didn't show. He told Colborn, he told Remiker and Lenk the next day and allowed them to do a walk through of his place, he didn't deny it to O'Neill on the Saturday either, or to Wiegert and Fassbender later.

Robert Fabian mentions in an interview (page 208 CASO) that SA said she didn't show up to Charles, but RF testified and he was not asked about that, and I don't see anywhere in CA's interviews that this is said. I have always thought that if it was said to Charles, it was in regards to the loader, and may not have even been the Monday because according to SA, he never went back to work Monday. And according to the State, SA would have been in his trailer, raping and torturing TH, and then add in the call from Jodi, what time was that? And why would Charles even care if AT showed up to photograph Barb's van? He would care if it was the loader IMO. Nothing in this case ever adds up IMO.

hmm proudfootz, I'm not sure. I think it's just wording.

View attachment 110386

He normally worked 7:30-3:30, which is 8 hours. According to Wiegert, after he talked to Colborn, which I think was around 6:30pm, he got a call from Lenk.

From Wiegert's report, page 8:
I also received a phone call from Manitowoc County Lt. JIM LENK. I informed him of the situation. Lt. LENK informed me he would call some people in and assist us in the investigation.

From Dedering's report, page 13:
On Thursday,1ll03l05 at approximately 1900 hrs., I (DEDERING) did arrive at MANITOWOC
CO. SHERIFF's DEPT. There I met with Det. DENNIS JACOBS, Lt. JAMES LENK, Det.
DAVID REMIKER, and Sgt. ANDREW COLBORN regarding this matter.

So my take on the 11 1/2 hour shift is... his normal 8 hour shift, and he went back to work that evening and assisted for 3 1/2 hours, making it an 11 1/2 hour day (not shift like it's worded in the report). IIRC, Buting and Strang did get some sort of records showing the hours they worked, if Lenk stated he was working for 11 1/2 hours solely on TH's missing person case, I think they would have caught it. JMO

On another note.... these reports are so full of errors, whether typo's or goofy wording, I expect more from LE. Again, JMO. I wonder if they reviewed these reports after they were transcribed? If they don't, maybe they should LOL JMO
Meh
Wording, typos, truth, lies, coincidences, a bit of embellishments..reports months later.
What's one more document, really?

I do agree once again with you, my friend, perhaps a review of such reports would be a great idea before submitting them.
JMO

I have no idea why it keeps being said that SA said she didn't show. He told Colborn, he told Remiker and Lenk the next day and allowed them to do a walk through of his place, he didn't deny it to O'Neill on the Saturday either, or to Wiegert and Fassbender later.

Robert Fabian mentions in an interview (page 208 CASO) that SA said she didn't show up to Charles, but RF testified and he was not asked about that, and I don't see anywhere in CA's interviews that this is said. I have always thought that if it was said to Charles, it was in regards to the loader, and may not have even been the Monday because according to SA, he never went back to work Monday. And according to the State, SA would have been in his trailer, raping and torturing TH, and then add in the call from Jodi, what time was that? And why would Charles even care if AT showed up to photograph Barb's van? He would care if it was the loader IMO. Nothing in this case ever adds up IMO.

After doing a little digging on this, I find it is one of KK's 'talking points' in his media campaign last year:

"7. Phone records show 3 calls from Avery to Teresa’s cell phone on Oct 31. One at 2:24, and one at 2:35–both calls Avery uses the *67 feature so Teresa doesn’t know it him…both placed before she arrives. Then one last call at 4:35 pm, without the *67 feature. Avery first believes he can simply say she never showed up (his original defense), so tries to establish the alibi call after she’s already been there, hence the 4:35 call. She will never answer of course, so he doesn’t need the *67 feature for that last call."

http://www.thewrap.com/making-a-murderer-prosecutor-ken-kratz-steven-avery-9-reasons-guilty/

After doing a little digging on this, I find it is one of KK's 'talking points' in his media campaign last year:

"7. Phone records show 3 calls from Avery to Teresa’s cell phone on Oct 31. One at 2:24, and one at 2:35–both calls Avery uses the *67 feature so Teresa doesn’t know it him…both placed before she arrives. Then one last call at 4:35 pm, without the *67 feature. Avery first believes he can simply say she never showed up (his original defense), so tries to establish the alibi call after she’s already been there, hence the 4:35 call. She will never answer of course, so he doesn’t need the *67 feature for that last call."

http://www.thewrap.com/making-a-murderer-prosecutor-ken-kratz-steven-avery-9-reasons-guilty/
Well then,
If Kratz said it it must be true..pass it along..
Geeze
I was just having this conversation yesterday with the stylist doing my daughters hair for a dance she was attending.
We were talking about how grown men & women are so quick to share information without first checking the source of the information.
Without first checking to verify said information is indeed fact.
It's bizarre to me how a grown person with a mind of their own can take the word of someone they've never met, click & share an article that could be nothing more than an opinion of a psychopath blogging from his mom's basement, share ( be it verbally or otherwise ) " stories " that could be 100% false because a few words from a statement were misinterpreted.
Smh

Meh
Wording, typos, truth, lies, coincidences, a bit of embellishments..reports months later.
What's one more document, really?

I do agree once again with you, my friend, perhaps a review of such reports would be a great idea before submitting them.
JMO

Looks like they need to tighten up their documentation procedures. If I submitted something so inaccurate, misleading and late to my boss, I would hear about it, and rightfully so! It is not acceptable for "public servants" to be so incompetent!! IMO, of course.

Looks like they need to tighten up their documentation procedures. If I submitted something so inaccurate, misleading and late to my boss, I would hear about it, and rightfully so! It is not acceptable for "public servants" to be so incompetent!! IMO, of course.

If you made posts that sloppy on websleuths you wouldn't get away with it that easily either.

I wrote this verbatim on Facebook regarding the Dateline video. I think my comments say it all regarding how I feel about this case.

don't want to poison the well and sway any opinions over what the fair outcome of this case should be or how some of the justice professionals acted and continue to act in the video but consider these three point. Would you agree it's better to let 10 guilty men go free than imprison one innocent one? Do evidence tampering and police corruption constitute reasonable doubt and disqualify anyone from a conviction and a default Not Guilty verdict regardless if they committed the crime? Do you want a justice system that's more focused on speculation and revenge than justice and the truth?

Yep
Good point.
We need to get on their payroll😉
J/K

I wrote this verbatim on Facebook regarding the Dateline video. I think my comments say it all regarding how I feel about this case.

don't want to poison the well and sway any opinions over what the fair outcome of this case should be or how some of the justice professionals acted and continue to act in the video but consider these three point. Would you agree it's better to let 10 guilty men go free than imprison one innocent one? Do evidence tampering and police corruption constitute reasonable doubt and disqualify anyone from a conviction and a default Not Guilty verdict regardless if they committed the crime? Do you want a justice system that's more focused on speculation and revenge than justice and the truth?
Sad to say, but apparently many would say, " yep "

I have one more to add that is the strongest thing to lead me to believe that ALL the evidence was planted. I also do not believe that anyone other than LE planted anything. That does not mean I think LE killed her (though, that is not completely off the table for me), but that something happened to her and LE discovered her at a time they REALLY needed to take SA down.

12) SA would not have committed a murder when everything in his life was looking up to the degree it was. He was in the middle of a $36 million civil suit. He probably wouldn't have gotten that much, but he would have gotten a pretty penny still. He was being paraded around by influential people, such as gov's and such, they were naming a bill after him. He had dinners planned for him (such as the Innocence Project dinner he was scheduled to go to, the one that LE mocked he wouldn't be going to while they were searching his house).

There is waaaaaaay too much wrong with these cases on a whole, for it to be coincidence. You do not deviate from so many protocol's as they did without it all being a stinky pile of fish. Their mistake was that they felt safe enough to do all this without being able to look into the future and see just how thoroughly everything about these cases would be dissected and examined by so many capable people. Their complete arrogance is what set them up for this fall they are now feeling and I believe Zellner will be bringing this whole house of cards down in the near future. IMHO. I, for one, cannot wait to see how this all plays out, as my husband thinks I am a complete nutjob right now, because this is ALL I talk about. I am looking forward to the day I can go back to being just my normal self and start focusing more on my everyday life. He is looking forward to that day too, LOL.
I agree,SA had a great life ahead of him.

Anyone know if he got in any trouble during the 18 years he was locked up for previously(fights,etc.).If not,it seems really strange that he would just become violent that late in his life and be able to lie about it so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70