Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaddie's favorite author.. ;)

[h=1]Avery's lawyer: Ex-boyfriend killed Halbach[/h]
http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...lawyer-ex-boyfriend-killed-halbach/387912001/

Zellner told USA TODAY NETWORK on Monday she is not obligated by the criminal justice system "to prove he murdered Teresa Halbach to get Steven Avery's conviction vacated."
"Rather, we are trying to show Hillegas had motive, opportunity and a connection to the crime that meets the Denny (third-party suspect) standard. The jury should have been presented with this evidence. It may have created a reasonable doubt about Steven's guilt."

What in the world is going on? Why isn't this being reported? Media Blackout?

[FONT=&quot]Attorney Kathleen Zellner has broken her silence about results of forensic testing

[/FONT]
http://www.**************/4283565/making-a-murderer-zellner-tweets-about-forensic-test-results/

[FONT=&quot]Attorney Kathleen Zellner has broken her silence about results of forensic testing in the case of [/FONT]Making a Murderer’s[FONT=&quot] Steven Avery with a series of tweets on Saturday.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The defense tested the blood from the vehicle for the anti-coagulant EDTA, which was added to the 1996 vial. The attorneys hoped the result would be their moment of truth.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Instead, the test came back negative. No EDTA.

The EDTA test was part of what Zellner called a failure on the part of trial counsel. She says had they done their jobs, Buting and Strang would have discovered the container was opened in 2002 by the Wisconsin Innocence Project, the team responsible for exonerating Avery for a 1985 rape.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Zellner said there is no evidence to suggest Lenk and Colborn planted the blood. There is also no proof either officer had knowledge of the 1996 vial when they were investigating the Halbach homicide.

Zellner says she has confirmed at least one theory.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She said Colborn was led to Halbach’s car by the killer on November 3, or November 4, 2005. That is when the officer called the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Department dispatcher from his cellphone to confirm the RAV4’s license plate number.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The call created a hailstorm of questions, namely why Colborn used his personal phone and not his police radio. Manitowoc spokesmen said it was because Avery owned a police scanner. :sos: :sos: :sos: (Why didn't he say that on the stand when he testified, I smell snake oil!) Colborn didn’t have a concrete answer, other than he was confirming plate numbers of an SUV belonging to a missing girl. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regardless, there are peculiar things about that recorded call, Zellner says. He didn’t use his car radio because he likely made the call from his personal vehicle on November 4, his day off.

Despite Kratz’s theory that Teresa Halbach died from at least two gunshot wounds to the head, Zellner said the 25-year-old photographer met a different fate; she knows where Halbach was killed, and it was nowhere near Avery Auto Salvage.

Ms. Halbach departed the Avery property, departed the Zipperer property, and was killed after she arrived home at 3:40-3:50 p.m.,” Zellner claims. (That's a 10 minute time frame, how can she be soo precise, I wonder.)

She said new scientific testing has shown Halbach was standing behind her RAV4 with the cargo door open when she was struck with a blunt object. She said new blood spatter evidence shows the killer was also behind the car when he delivered the the first blow. “She fell to the ground next to the rear bumper on the driver’s side, where she was struck repeatedly by an object similar to a mallet or hammer.”

Zellner said Halbach’s body was likely buried before being dug up and burned in an “open field” cremation. Hillegas, Zellner alleges, had an accomplice to plant some of the evidence on the Avery property.

[/FONT]

Updating link to the story above.

I guess the link isn't working, so I would recommend Googling the headline to read the story.

The latest from my favorite reporter's website blog.....he linked it on the family FB group page. He CLEARLY isn't liked by local LE as can be seen from emails he has received from them, the latest being former Calumet sheriff, JP. JP's email reads,

"Just a question-why are you not doing any in-depth stories about the history and background concerning the Avery's? You (sic) articles continually try to make the police look bad and since you delve into the history of the Manitowoc Sheriff's Department and the rumors, why not delve into some of the "rumors" about the past of the Avery family members and the salvage yard? Seems a bit biased.Certainly we have a vested interest in the outcome of that particular trial, but we continually notice only "cop" stories in your column."

First off let me say that the outright arrogance of these people connected to that investigation and trials simply astound me sometimes. Second off, I think even I would be able to answer his questions without JF having to respond at all. He is writing the stories he is putting out there because he seems to be an actual "old school" reporter who seems to want to get at the truth and not the party line that the state has been selling for the past 11 years. IMO, he is the only one in the local media who has the integrity and cajones to not be afraid to ask the hard questions. (Hence why he is my favorite ;) ) He also is not concerned about writing stories about "rumors" of the Avery's because all the other local news outlets have been doing a bang up job of that ever since that investigation and beyond. In my eyes it is sad that JF seems to be the ONLY one in that area that is looking for the truth of what happened with TH, SA, BD, and sadly RH as well. My hats off to him because it takes real courage to stand up to the powers that be the way he has. All just my opinion, of course.

http://www.johnferak.com/single-pos...rry-Pagel-meet-me-to-talk-about-Ryan-Hillegas

The latest from my favorite reporter's website blog.....he linked it on the family FB group page. He CLEARLY isn't liked by local LE as can be seen from emails he has received from them, the latest being former Calumet sheriff, JP. JP's email reads,

"Just a question-why are you not doing any in-depth stories about the history and background concerning the Avery's? You (sic) articles continually try to make the police look bad and since you delve into the history of the Manitowoc Sheriff's Department and the rumors, why not delve into some of the "rumors" about the past of the Avery family members and the salvage yard? Seems a bit biased.Certainly we have a vested interest in the outcome of that particular trial, but we continually notice only "cop" stories in your column."

First off let me say that the outright arrogance of these people connected to that investigation and trials simply astound me sometimes. Second off, I think even I would be able to answer his questions without JF having to respond at all. He is writing the stories he is putting out there because he seems to be an actual "old school" reporter who seems to want to get at the truth and not the party line that the state has been selling for the past 11 years. IMO, he is the only one in the local media who has the integrity and cajones to not be afraid to ask the hard questions. (Hence why he is my favorite ;) ) He also is not concerned about writing stories about "rumors" of the Avery's because all the other local news outlets have been doing a bang up job of that ever since that investigation and beyond. In my eyes it is sad that JF seems to be the ONLY one in that area that is looking for the truth of what happened with TH, SA, BD, and sadly RH as well. My hats off to him because it takes real courage to stand up to the powers that be the way he has. All just my opinion, of course.

http://www.johnferak.com/single-pos...rry-Pagel-meet-me-to-talk-about-Ryan-Hillegas
I agree 100% Jaiddie & admire JF so much for holding nothing back.
I sure do wish LE would stop whining though.
Not very becoming of law enforcement IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

His investigative articles certainly have been getting under someone's skin. :shame:

Now that we have overwhelming evidence that the key, the blood, and the bullet were planted. I think it is time to shut down that other thread.

Everything said in the other thread is now 100% irrelevant and only perpetuating the lies of the "PR firm"

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/appealsdocuments/

We now have some good copies of some of the exhibits. I was having a really hard time following some of the pic's that were taken. It was nice to see them but hard to read and follow lol Hoping that the above site will be adding more next week as well :)

Now that we have overwhelming evidence that the key, the blood, and the bullet were planted. I think it is time to shut down that other thread.

Everything said in the other thread is now 100% irrelevant and only perpetuating the lies of the "PR firm"

Here is one thing that I can't help but think in light of the "missing Zipperer CD". We have read what a disgrace and how horrible it was that the documentary cut out portions of testimony or phone calls (which IMO never really changed the content of what they showed when compared to the transcripts), however... what is worse... cutting out PORTIONS of a things, or do what LE has done and cut out a whole voicemail message?

Edit testimony/calls VS Losing CD with vital voicemail message that could have been exculpatory evidence

:smiliescale:

Sustained, love your comment, we are on the same path.
When the police took over the house and lot of the Avery's that is when they planted all of this evidence. I fully agree with you on all aspects of your comment. Thank you

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Exhibit-12-Nick-Stahlke-Bench-Notes.pdf

Nick Stahlke's bench notes. He was the States blood expert. He notes the blood flakes on the 2nd page, but the thing that sticks out to me is that he notes that the centre console doesn't have a lid? I thought we saw a picture that had the lid but the lid was opened. Will have to go digging again lol

I know .. quoting myself haha

I found the photo I thought I recalled seeing the lid ... but nope, it's not there.

http://imgur.com/a/T7TKC

this was from the NewsWeek article that KZ did. So here's the thing.... the lanyard was found in that console. I always assumed it had a lid. Unlocked RAV4.. no lid on console... RAV4 spare key in console.

When the police took over the house and lot of the Avery's that is when they planted all of this evidence. I fully agree with you on all aspects of your comment. Thank you

:wagon:

Welcome to websleuths! Just a friendly hint... there is a button under every comment that says "reply with quote" if you hit that, you can reply to comments :)

Feel free to jump in and comment! if you need any help, just ask, someone is always willing to help out :)

Here is one thing that I can't help but think in light of the "missing Zipperer CD". We have read what a disgrace and how horrible it was that the documentary cut out portions of testimony or phone calls (which IMO never really changed the content of what they showed when compared to the transcripts), however... what is worse... cutting out PORTIONS of a things, or do what LE has done and cut out a whole voicemail message?

Edit testimony/calls VS Losing CD with vital voicemail message that could have been exculpatory evidence

Ohhh missy you know as well as I do that CD wasn't "Lost". If it ever existed at all.........

True
But wait...theres still no " proof " Avery is innocent?
Guilty murderer/rapists ...do they require evidence to be planted??
I'm confused at times I tell ya..

True
But wait...theres still no " proof " Avery is innocent?
Guilty murderer/rapists ...do they require evidence to be planted??
I'm confused at times I tell ya..

It is an opinion/perception that was bought and paid for. There is evidence of that. We all saw the article about the "PR firm". Same PR firm to handle the Bush WMD controversy.Think about that for a second.

Sure as heck gave MANY ample opportunity to do so IMO now did it not?

I couldn't agree with you more my friend.
The creators of MAM were chastised and scrutinized for being so *gasp* one sided. Leaving this or that out of the " so called " documentary. LOL
" Missing CD "
Meh
What's one more coincidence?...one more discrepancy?
JMO

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Exhibit-12-Nick-Stahlke-Bench-Notes.pdf

Nick Stahlke's bench notes. He was the States blood expert. He notes the blood flakes on the 2nd page, but the thing that sticks out to me is that he notes that the centre console doesn't have a lid? I thought we saw a picture that had the lid but the lid was opened. Will have to go digging again lol

I thought so too Missy.

Typed out NS's bench notes, since his handwriting is hard to read. I put question marks by the words I couldn't make out.

Item A '99 Toyota Rav 4, blue 4 door, no license plates Vin JT3HPt0v5x7113044
Red brown stains discovered in rear storage area and next to ignition switch by RLG. (??) by RLG

Driver's side inside door panel.
One circular stain ~1.5mm on top right aspect of map holder (pocket)

Driver's side bucket seat
Contact/transfer stains on front right seat cushion. One stain is heavy, possibly passive flow
One < 1mm stain on plastic molding, left of seat cushion

Dashboard.

One 1 mm red stain on dashboard above instrument panel
Contact/Transfer stains to the right of ignition switch.
(Then there is another line which is illegible or cut off.)

Center Console. (No Lid)

Red staining on edge of center console. Dried flaked blood recovered on rear between console and driver's seat. No blood on items in center console. Possibly cover removed/discarded?

Passenger Seat.

Transfer/contact stain on left front seat cushion.

Right rear (Passenger side) entrance.

Passive bloodstain on upper (???) of wheel well. 5mm x 5 mm on right rear seat.

Left rear (Driver's side) Entrance.

COW MANURE transfer stain up under left edge of rear seat. below seat lever.
Transfer stain 5 x 13 mm under seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members