Forecasters Are Already Predicting a Massive Tornado Outbreak This Weekend

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm going to have to quit watching the weather channel soon. It started storming here and is making me very nervous. And we don't even have any tornado warnings so I shouldn't be so nervous.

‘Basement Now!’: Local News Team Evacuates Live On-Air As Massive Tornado Approaches

A local news team in northern Mississippi abruptly ended their broadcast Monday afternoon and evacuated to the basement as a tornado approached the area.

“It’s a damaging tornado, on the ground right now,” the WTVA-TV meteorologist says. “Significant tornado touchdown.”

video at link ........... http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...es-live-on-air-as-massive-tornado-approaches/

Tornado Outbreak Kills at Least 30 as Threat Continues For South on Monday: State-by-State Updates

After a dangerous day of severe weather in the Plains and South on Sunday, damaging tornadoes formed again Monday in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia.

At least seven people were killed in Mississippi from the wave of tornadoes that scarred the state. Six people were killed in Limestone County, Ala. after a tornado swept through the area Monday evening, Limestone County officials told the Associated Press. In total, at least 30 people have been killed, and countless more injured, from the severe storms that continue to push into the South.

read more ............ http://www.weather.com/news/severe-weather-tornado-outbreak-late-april-impacts-20140427

weather channel twitter

https://twitter.com/weatherchannel

New #tornado watch until 7am EDT for parts of TN, NC, GA, SC incl Knoxville.

From this link:

BmXOnjBCAAAY-mo.png:large

That would be me near Asheville, thanks for the heads up. Things just started here and I'm hoping things die down as they usually do coming from the west. I think we'll be ok but I'll be up awhile watching.

That would be me near Asheville, thanks for the heads up. Things just started here and I'm hoping things die down as they usually do coming from the west. I think we'll be ok but I'll be up awhile watching.

Glad you are going to be watching Peli. And this may sound weird, but I hope you sit up for no reason lol.

Check back in after and let us know ok?

Glad you are going to be watching Peli. And this may sound weird, but I hope you sit up for no reason lol.

Check back in after and let us know ok?

Morning mysteriew,

It's 6am and all is wet and good here. I fell asleep around 2am and awoke to thunder and rain. Expecting rain and storms all day, maybe up to 5 inches.

Made me laugh about sitting up all night. I haven't brought in a sunrise in quite awhile now. :)

Middle Georgia here and the storms are just now approaching. Two of my dogs have a phobia about thunder storms and they are freaking out, gave them both some xanax when it was apparent they would get worse. Ugh...I am calling the vet this AM so he can prescribe something for them--this will be a rough couple of days.

Morning mysteriew,

It's 6am and all is wet and good here. I fell asleep around 2am and awoke to thunder and rain. Expecting rain and storms all day, maybe up to 5 inches.

Made me laugh about sitting up all night. I haven't brought in a sunrise in quite awhile now. :)

It's good to laugh of a morning. Good to see you Peli.

When I went to bed last night they were calling for today to be much like yesterday and in the same areas.I hope they are wrong.

Middle Georgia here and the storms are just now approaching. Two of my dogs have a phobia about thunder storms and they are freaking out, gave them both some xanax when it was apparent they would get worse. Ugh...I am calling the vet this AM so he can prescribe something for them--this will be a rough couple of days.

Hope all goes well for you today Sonya

At least 11 killed as tornadoes and severe weather pound South

The system is the latest onslaught of severe weather a day after a half-mile-wide tornado carved an 80-mile path of destruction through the suburbs of Little Rock, Ark., killing at least 15. Tornadoes or severe storms also killed one person each in Oklahoma and Iowa on Sunday.

In north Alabama, Limestone County Emergency Director Rita White told the Associated Press two deaths had been confirmed in a twister that caused extensive damage west of the city of Athens. Separately, Limestone Commissioner Bill Latimer said he has reports from a worker of at least four deaths in the county, but those had not been confirmed.

Six people died in Winston County, Miss., including a woman who died in the day care center she owned in Louisville, county Coroner Scott Gregory told The Associated Press late Monday. Lousville is the county seat and home to about 6,600 people.

694940094001_3517193237001_042814-akansas-storm-radar-loop-640.jpg

more at link ............. http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2014/04/29/tornado-touches-down-in-mississippi/

I am in Southwest Georgia. When I got up this morning around 6:30 I could see outside just fine, but now it is as dark as if it was in the middle of the night.

We are in an 89 county Tornado Watch area. That includes your area Sonya. Please be alert and take cover immediately if necessary.

Already we have had torrential downpours, high winds, countless lightning strikes, and thunder. It is suppose to worsen as the day goes on around mid day and then another round later tonight. Winds could be up to 75 miles an hour, spawning several tornadoes, and golf ball size hail. There will be flash flooding since we are expected to get up to 6 inches of rainfall today. That means tall huge trees will topple over too in the coming days.:( The Governor has already declared a state of emergency.

I just heard on the national news that our local area in Georgia could receive the brunt of the massive storms today.:(

May I ask any poster who will... to please pray for me, my family, friends, and all other citizens in our area? I would appreciate any prayers that can be given. TIA

I am praying very hard for all citizens everywhere in the eastern states, no matter where they may be or what state, who may be in the path of these terrible storms today.

My heart is with the ones who have lost loved ones in other states due to these monster tornadoes.

May God be with each of them who have survived ...who know they have lost precious loved ones who can never be replaced, and also will have to rebuild the homes and businesses lost.

I am in Southwest Georgia. When I got up this morning around 6:30 I could see outside just fine, but now it is as dark as if it was in the middle of the night.

We are in an 89 county Tornado Watch area. That includes your area Sonya. Please be alert and take cover immediately if necessary.

Already we have had torrential downpours, high winds, countless lightning strikes, and thunder. It is suppose to worsen as the day goes on around mid day and then another round later tonight. Winds could be up to 75 miles an hour, spawning several tornadoes, and golf ball size hail. There will be flash flooding since we are expected to get up to 6 inches of rainfall. That means tall huge trees will topple over too in the coming days.:( The Governor has already declared a state of emergency.

I just heard on the national news that our local area in Georgia could receive the brunt of the massive storms today.:(

May I ask any poster who will... to please pray for me, my family, friends, and all other citizens in our area? I would appreciate any prayers that can be given. TIA

I am praying very hard for all citizens everywhere in the eastern states, no matter where they may be or what state, who may be in the path of these terrible storms today.

My heart is with the ones who have lost loved ones in other states due to these monster tornadoes.

May God be with each of them who have survived ...who know they have lost precious loved ones who can never be replaced, and also will have to rebuild the homes and businesses lost.

Prayers to all.

Please, please all of you stay safe. Make preparations now in case you need them later. Check in periodically and let us know how things are with you.

This is a very scary week.

http://emergency.cdc.gov/disasters/tornadoes/

If you live anywhere that has ever seen tornado activity in your area, the time to prepare for tornadic activity is now. Pick your retreat area. Make sure someone who knows your home knows where your retreat is. Stock it. Know where your cell phone is at all times so you can take it with you. Remember often cell reception is limited or unavailable, but if you can't call, try a text. Sometimes they go through better. I recommend putting your cell phone or other electronics in a plastic bag when you take shelter. Have flashlight, water and a battery radio. Extra batteries.

Prepare now before a tornado comes to your town.

Bumping because it is still needed today.

Other suggestions I am seeing around the web:

If you have to go to your protected area, wrap up in blankets and pillows.

Break out your helmets. Bike helmets, football helmets, motorcycle helmets. Anyway that you can try to protect your head.

In the woods close to my house is a family graveyard where 4 family members (mother and her 3 children) were killed during the "Enigma Outbreak of 1884". The tornado also killed her infant (never found) and several servants/farm hands.

In two days 50+ tornadoes devastated the south from MS to GA to NC with an estimated 400+ dead and many large homes and farms destroyed. Considering the fact the population was MUCH MUCH lower especially in rural areas that is a tremendous amount of damage.

I think about that family every time we have a tornado watch.

Regardless I am staying busy doing dishes and laundry in case we lose power for a day or two. No storm shelter or basement here so if we hear a "train coming" the pups and I will be sheltering in the bathroom and closet (and praying for grace!).

(ETA I had better go straighten up that closet now so we could all fit!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back