DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DOGblinking.gif

nopersonalcharts.jpg

Hello everyone!

I am happy to say that my husband helped me order a bunch of books from Amazon and they have been arriving for the last 2 weeks. Wow, lot's of great stuff! Unfortunatly my books on Horary are not here yet:rolleyes:, and I am really anxious for them.

I was also happy to see a strong potential for astrology in my natal chart and in my transits now and upcoming. My husbands too! :clap:

So we've had our noses stuffed in books, trading books, running charts, discussing, having alot of fun. My husband is so interested in his birth chart, he has me write up stuff for him to look at when he gets home from work. He calls them his "stats", :crazy: (he is a computer gamer, your hit points, armor strength verses dexterity kinda thing, evening it all out, LOL) We have even had our kids hide unknown or known objects to see if we can find them :eek: We keep digging deeper into our natal charts and it is so exciting gaining deeper understanding and grasping new concepts that bring more life and depth to the charts.

So, I am embarking on a new journey in my life and I think it will be promising in mending/healing from my past and molding my future. I do not believe in coincidence. I ended up on this website on "accident" in search of information on a local missing woman, and I found you folks. I am soooo glad!

I have a couple of questions, one for you Tuba specificly. I have looked for information about hand drawing charts and have not come up with much. Is/are there terms I am unaware of (is it called something specific) that could help me find some info?

And a horary question....I do not have my books yet but I have found some bits on the internet and some bits out of the books I do have and have attempted some charts. First question is should I wait until I have deeper study material so I can be better guided so I don't screw myself up? And the second question kinda has a few parts...1. I ran a chart for this question, "What is my dog barking at?", and the chart was radical. So I looked at the houses to see what one was dog/pet (am i going the right direction so far?) found house 6 with Taurus on the cusp. Ok, so then does the planet venus become the dog in the chart? Cause if venus is the dog he ends up in the 4th house, (He was barking in the back lawn)

Well that's it for now. I have some things to do before my Husband gets home from work. Thanks in advance for any help and I hope my questions made sense.:)

~Khaki

Congratulations on embarking on a great adventure! I'll get to your other q.s tomorrow but your horary about the barking is interesting. Small animals are usually placed in the 6th H., yes. With Taurus there, I wonder if your dog had spotted a cat as Venus & Taurus rule cats. If you are besotted with a pet so that she or he is like your baby, you assign such a pet to House 5. But you have children, so your dog is probably a H. 6 small animal pet. Obviously, you are v. fond of the dog due to the Venus connection. One of the most important rules of horary, never to be forgotten, is: decide before you cast the chart what House is given to the quesited or subject of your question. In this way, you will always elicit true answers, not fudged answers. For eg., some astrologers always use H. 4 for a missing object, although most use H. 2. If it is a book or documents or articles, newspapers, Marc E. Jones would assign it to House 3, even if lost. So if you lose something, after you write down your question and before you begin, decide what House you are going to use for the quesited. Same with a missing child. Some astrologers use House 7 if the child is referred to by name, like Ruth Bevens. Others, including the ones here at WS use House 5 for the child. Just have a firm idea in mind. As long as your ideations are consistent, they will work for you, even if such and such text departs from the norm and you are resorting to it. I see no reason not to practice in advance of all your books arriving. Horary questions should have weight and merit and should be an issue that is searing your thoughts, not a questions like, " Will Jane come to lunch?" when you've invited her and she's accepted. If nothing is of moment in your own life and you want to practice, you can always ask about world or national affairs and you may get some really surprising answers!

Thanks so much for your reply. Funny you should mention the below....

Horary questions should have weight and merit and should be an issue that is searing your thoughts, not a questions like, " Will Jane come to lunch?" when you've invited her and she's accepted. If nothing is of moment in your own life and you want to practice, you can always ask about world or national affairs and you may get some really surprising answers!

My husband works nights and I like having a dog so as to be alerted when and if I ever need to be. A couple weeks ago, the dog would alert at the same time and direction every night except the nights Husband did not work. But the dog is also not as cautious when Dad is home, he can relax a bit. The time was funny though. it was always about 10 minutes before my husband normally pulls in. Now this went on for about 2 weeks. Stopped just like that. Well, last night my dog went off in the back yard. He was crazy upset and he wouldn't quit. He went on for about 15 minutes. My back lawn is pretty long so I cannot see to the back of it in the dark. So, I thought...."Hey I'll try a chart!" :woohoo: But I haven't gotten very far with it yet, lol

Thanks again,
Khaki

Another good thing about your barking chart is that your dog showing as Venus confirmed that the dog was protecting you and the property. Venus protects. Good dog!

As to the hand drawn charts, you will need a stencil and so I would go on the hunt for a horoscope wheel stencil. They are not easy to find but once you do get a good stencil, most are plastic, you are ready to go. I do know that AFA has one for sale through the mail. It is a bit large and has sharp pinking on the outer edge but it will do. Many astrologers and students print out horoscope blanks from the web but that will not provide the same hands on experience as carefully outlining the chart with a stencil. If you are not a kinetic person, you may find other ways to immerse yourself in the chart but if you can get every nerve and muscle involved, you will zero in on the event or the person or the horary question and really engage.

By the way, a CD makes a good stencil for horoscopes except it lacks the House lines in the interior. You could supply those with a compass, though.

Ok. After rereading what you have said, Tuba, in response to my Horary questions, and after rereading what little info I have on it this point, I think I went about the "Dog Barking" all wrong and I will explain...

I think, in actuality, what I have is an event chart of the dog barking, that later, I tried to ask a Horary question too. The chart was made for the time when the dog was barking. It was later that I tried to ask that same chart "barking at what". lol

I think I need to start over:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Khaki

Ok. After rereading what you have said, Tuba, in response to my Horary questions, and after rereading what little info I have on it this point, I think I went about the "Dog Barking" all wrong and I will explain...

I think, in actuality, what I have is an event chart of the dog barking, that later, I tried to ask a Horary question too. The chart was made for the time when the dog was barking. It was later that I tried to ask that same chart "barking at what". lol

I think I need to start over:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Khaki

Ahhh, but the Event Chart provides the answer to that question!

If you cast an Event Chart for the exact time/date/place of an occurrence, that chart will capture what is going on, often addressing the 'how/why/what and where' of it. You just have to figure out where to look/ what to look for.

Read the books referenced in the Astrology Library. Read our Threads. Keep practicing by charting events and taking a stab at interpreting them. If you are motivated and persistent, you will learn to read the charts.

Thanks,
Soulscape

No! You did just fine. It was indeed an event chart but that is the chart that should also show the object of the dog's concern. No need for horary.

How important are fixed stars? I mean, why would the cusp of house 4 in my "dog barking" chart be 29 degrees 12' pisces? :waitasec:

Something is really bothering me and I have to ask, because I do not even begin to know where to start looking for this information, or really how to ask this. Are there some certain dates in your life that are "bad dates" and some that are "good dates"? The reason I ask is because The date April 8th has always been a date of signifigance. I dread this day every year. A couple of examples are my friend was murdered on this date, I was involved in one of the worst Tornado's to hit the US on this date, I could go on and on, but basically this is a very bad date in my life, I try and stay home and locked away on this date. This year it happened to also be the date that Victoria Stafford was abducted, so of course I have been extremly drawn to this case. Now here is the thing. May 20th is my anniversary, I have been married 14 years today and today is the day that they arrested two people for murder in Victoria's case. I live in Alabama and Victoria is in Canada... My husband says I am making a big deal out of this, but out of 365 days in a single year the chances of these events occuring on these dates are 2 in 365... The thing is that these two dates are always signifigant in my life what I want to know is why...
I know we are not to ask specific things about our own personal lives but this is an "in general" question... Are some dates in peoples lives signifigant, such as the ones in my life, which are April 8th and May 20th, and if so what can you do on the days that are "bad" days to avoid such tragedies?

In an event chart, I am having trouble finding info on who or what the ascendant should be assigned too.....

*Let me know if I ever get to the point of asking TOO many questions.

Butterfly, what a horrible thing to have to continuously experience those things on the same dates of the year!

Khaki, April 8th is always a bad day, May 20th is always a "eye opening" day at least for me, and I have talked to others who have spicific dates that are either bad or good, thats why I was asking.

I am not an expert Khaki, but I think what you are asking is how someone is assigned a place in a chart.... There are alot of good sites that give keywords, such as a woman can be Venus, or the moon...... Ceres is mother and so forth. I have seen it done several ways, but lets say you assign Venus to a female involved in an event, Venus is ruled by Taurus... You know what I am going to let one of the professionals explain cause I will probably tell you wrong or get you confused... I am not a teacher, LOL

Butterfly,
Thanks for your input. I can't help but see the chart as a picture in a darkroom that I am in the process of developing. I can't quite see it yet. It is like a shadow in my mind.

I initially assigned the ascendant, Jupiter, to me, but I was also trying to read it is a horary. Jupiter is both the ascendant and the IC. The midheaven and descendant are both Mercury. The moon is close to jupiter in the same house. I assigned venus to the dog because Venus is the house 6 ruler (that's where Mercury is). Perhaps I should re think that? One thing that stands out to me is Saturn. It is the ONLY planet in the northern hemishere, all by it's self. That is not my only intersest in Saturn, though.

I think the only thing I am managing to do is make my head explode, lol. I really should get back to studying, but this chart has consumed me.

Khaki

Hey Khaki, don't know if this helps you but the 6th house which is ruled by the sign of Virgo and the planet Mercury rules animals and pets.

Venus is ruleed by Libra in the 7th house

In my experience, the Fixed Stars are important and there are two respected books that astrologers rely upon: Fixed Stars and Constellations by a MAN named Vivian E. Robson and Fixed Stars & Their Interpretation by Ebertin. There are some new texts on the subject as well. Alternatively, you can find all you need to know about Fixed Stars on the web.

As to good days and bad days, the dates may and probably are related to certain planets that aspect your chart on those dates. I do not, however, think the event in Canada is related to your chart. I'm with your husband on that one, butterfly. On 20 May, you may have the Sun trine your Uranus every year, so something somewhere will serve as a surprise awakener but it could be anything. ( And the planets will be different for everybody else because you are unique and so is everyone.)

I have downloaded the program Astro 123, and have read the whole astrology forum, but I'm still not getting it. My hubby is very ill and he has several chirons that have me concerned...is there a beginners book lol..I just don't get what it all means:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway