Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if someone else confessed to knowing where Mickey was buried it was definitely not the gf. I bet that poor girl is throwing up right now.
My guess would be that if someone else was privy to the location it was a male, perhaps someone who is intimidated by bsl and bsl used that.

You are absolutely right! That poor girl will have a hard time trusting people again and feel ashamed of her inability to be a good judge of character. Poor thing...I feel for her.

:seeya: Leave the rumors at the door, please.

You are absolutely right! That poor girl will have a hard time trusting people again and feel ashamed of her inability to be a good judge of character. Poor thing...I feel for her.

Yes. She is going to be sick and question herself for a long time.
I went thru something similar( he was not a murder but lead a secret life) and it took me years. In hindsight I know I was not naive. A person who wants to use you can trick you and it is shocking that they are able to. In my case and hers he was not able to keep up that mask of normalcy forever. I hope she is surrounded by good people. Adam and his family seem like good people.

for someone who is more familiar with the area than i am...mickey was abducted from lafayette, her bike was dumped in whiskey bay, which is about 30 miles east of lafayette. Mickey presumably has been found in evangeline parish, which seems northwest of lafayette, and his trailer is in st landry parish, which is primarily north of lafayette. Am i basically correct? If so, that seems like a whole lot of driving that had to be done between 2ish and daybreak. In light of all these locations, does it now seem more likely that he may have taken her to his home for at least a brief time? I really had never believed this, but now i am not so sure..isnt his home kinda between where she was abducted and where she has been found?

sp ~ i agree, when did he have time to sleep / rest ?? Unless he was wired on drugs, which was suggested earlier but not verified. Just speculating on his high energy, especially if he had been cut.
Thinking the cuts could have made him enlist an accomplice, or at least a confidante, who could have ratted on him this morning ? And how could he dig a grave if he was cut and especially on the hand? Just trying to figure what went down with this guy. Seems after her murder, he was all over the place like the scarlet pimpernill !! But with opposite motives of course.

It is Pinseclair Cemetery

Very mixed emotions tonight

I don't know the name of the cemetery. But if you get to the intersection of La. 13 and La. 10, head west on La. 10 toward Oakdale, about 2-3 miles west of the intersection of La. 10 and La. 13, to the left there's a one-lane road unpaved through trees. About 60 yards down that private road is the cemetery and the body was farther behind the cemetery in an overgrown area. Someone had dug a grave and placed the body there, according to Cpl. Paul Mouton.

Claire, link to Google Map of Pinseclair was posted earlier. Both aerial (satellite) and Street View pics of Pinseclair seemed to match up with media photos of today's scene.

I'm just starting to feel this huge relief that Mickey is not out there anymore...
The distance and the terrain...she would probably never have been found.
I won't be grateful to BL, but am very relieved she is no longer out there.

He probably led LE to her body

Realize this is still categorized as rumor but doesn't surprise me a bit.
He wasn't checked out to get his braces adjusted!!!!
IMO, this lends to the theory (only theory) that he got something out of it!

i think he would have avoided the highway as much as possible and from where his house is located taken back roads to either 103 through prairie ronde to 104 to 376 outside mamou to 10 (vidrine rd) to the cemetery.
If not from his house i think he would have taken 190w to 95 to 10 to the cemetery.

He had a truck and was well accustomed to back road driving and i think he would have chosen to avoid going into downtown eunice via 10
miles on a divided highway to get onto hwy 13 to go north. I think he would have traveled the roads he knew would have very little traffic.
Jmo.

so are you saying / speculating this is his trek after wb ?? Her bike was disposed of immediately ?

Umm I live in Lafayette and unfortunately it still seems like there's a mishmosh of facts. God bless the Shunick family. I would not be as strong as they have been through all of this.

I can't wrap my head around this dude digging a deep grave with his nearly cut-off finger, multiple stab wounds, and barely any sleep, dumping bikes and visiting multiple hospitals. Perhaps he is bipolar. Insomnia is a known side effect of that. I know when something is nagging my brain, no matter how small or dumb (even a song I heard earlier in the day replaying in my head), it will keep me up. My brain doesn't shut itself off and I can't slip into sleep like normal people. I'm more A.D.D. than bipolar so no need to be afraid of me lol

I know I could definitely be wrong but even without the Advocate's article saying BSL was checked out of LPCC, I believe he did lead the police to her. Both Chief Craft and Cpl. Mouton were asked and replied "I cannot answer that." To me, MOO, logically they would have denied it if he wasn't the credible source/tip. I just can't fathom any other scenario where someone else knew the location of the grave in such a remote area. I have driven down the section of 10 many times on my way between Ft. Polk and Ville Platte and never knew that cemetery was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne