Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nancy Grace coverage

As long as she promises to keep all of her snarling aimed at bsl. I might chime in with her this time!

I swear I saw pictures of Mickey somewhere and she had braces. Maybe on Charlie's facebook before it was set to private?

ETA: I mean she had them when she was younger, not when she was kidnapped.
Mickey with braces:
mickeycharlie.jpg

What difference would it make? He can only do one life term or get one DP, n actuality, no matter how many sentences he gets. I don't believe for a moment he confessed to anything that he had not been indicted for.

It would make a difference to victims families. IMO

Praying for her family, friends, and anyone who knew and cared about her. Although it's not the ending I would have hoped for, it is closure, if it is, indeed, her.

What difference would it make? He can only do one life term or get one DP, n actuality, no matter how many sentences he gets. I don't believe for a moment he confessed to anything that he had not been indicted for.

Well, giving locations of multiple victims (if he believes they found things that linked him to crime elsewhere, we know that agencies from other places were contacting Lafayette LE after the search of his home) can shorten his sentence sadly, even if he has more victims than he is originally charged for. If he gives the locations before he is officially charged with those crimes, that will also lessen the sentence.

I'm not certain he confessed to anything more.
It was just a guess :waitasec:

Im sure if he really has a deal that it was all worked out with the DA and his lawyers. He probably admitted to both murders and told where Mickey was in exchange for 2 life sentences. He could have added that any future charges be served with his life sentences. Im not a expert but this is what I have read in the independent article.
Just so long as there is never any chance of parole so no family ever has to go through this heartbreak and nightmare again!!

How deep was Mickey buried?? Does this mean he had a shovel in his truck when she was kidnapped??? Could this mean premeditation???

Sorry if this has already been answered but I'm too tired to read through 44 pages.

RIP Mickey Schunick. I was hoping and praying this would not be the outcome. God bless your soul sweet angel.

Praying for the family. I had so hoped for a better outcome with Mickey.

"The Mickey Shunick case will be featured at 7 tonight on Nancy Grace. The Daily Advertiser's Amanda McElfresh spoke with Nancy this afternoon about her work on the case."

I don't speak Legalese, but hasn't it been brought up that this could just mean he wasn't giving them the information about what happened and where she was? It doesn't say he revisited the scene.

I've only seen a few blurbs here and there, but whats the scoop about gps being put on his truck? If that is true, wouldn't they have proof he visted her after putting here there, and would have already searched that area and found her by now?

I don't speak legalese either, lol, but to me the words "tampering with the body" are pretty straightforward. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. As for the gps, that was put on his truck during his last hitch offshore, which he was arrested coming home from. On a side note, my brother in law was working with BSL on the same rig. They came in together, and he was going to catch a ride home with him. He decided to go with someone else instead. Good thing too, because he would've been in the truck when le stopped BSL . He was not a friend of BSL, just a coworker who needed a ride. He told me that BSL seemed normal, but he only knew him well enough to chit chat while waiting on the boat. Crazy,huh?

Why would they have to report that...

And why wouldn't dental records still be able to be used...

RE; Mouton says he was not told the condition of the body by investigators on the scene, however clothing and jewelry “and things of that nature” were found with the body.

'They obviously knew it was Mickey Schunick, but for many reasons, didn't confirm'.

My question, at least one of many, is why BSL left her jewelry & clothing and why the jewelry description wasn't released to the public on 05/19/2012.

Find Mickey Now FB, has posted a new video..
http://www.facebook.com/katctv3#!/findmickeynow
After watching it, please leave some feedback, of your thoughts..

Regarding LE looking into BSL's orthodontics:

One thing I'm wondering is, if Mickey did indeed make a fight from the backseat of the truck (as someone indicated they had Cajun net info about), might the truck have swerved in the struggle, come to a sudden stop, even bumped into something? If so, perhaps BSL's head could have bumped, say, the steering wheel and knocked a tooth/teeth out of line -- he could have consulted an orthodontist for that, especially if (as we have hypothesized before) he already had braces or had had them earlier in life. (I believe we know that he was wearing some type of orthodontics when he had his hair cut, after Mickey's disappearance, per the report from the hairstylist whom he asked out.)

If something like this happened while he was still in Lafayette, maybe there's footage of the truck making a sudden, unexpected stop or swerving, etc. Could be something that appeared pretty subtle on camera at first glance -- could be what's on the Advertiser footage.

I don't speak legalese either, lol, but to me the words "tampering with the body" are pretty straightforward.

After reading page 4 of the disclosure, it appears that "tampering with" merely refers to the fact that he moved the body after killing her with the intention of hiding evidence (as opposed to, for example, when someone is shot and the body is left where it was shot). I don't think it means he was moving her body around multiple times.

After reading page 4 of the disclosure, it appears that "tampering with" merely refers to the fact that he moved the body after killing her with the intention of hiding evidence (as opposed to, for example, when someone is shot and the body is left where it was shot). I don't think it means he was moving her body around multiple times.

Well then, guess I'm wrong. Sorry.

Well then, guess I'm wrong. Sorry.

Many thought exactly as you did when the reports first came out... The wording can be tricky.. And regardless, he may have revisited the sight, who knows? ...
All jmo...

i would hope that the townspeople would design / implement a bike path named after mickey. One that would project her free spirit. Would love to see this developed in memory of mickey !!
Not sure if all the money that has been donated has been spent paying the expenses of texsearch / dogs, pi, le or whoever ? But if any funds are left, perhaps it could be donated to break ground for the ms bike path. Just an idea / suggestion !
I don't know if the quote was put in here (by FOTOBUG) but my response to the bike path suggestion is to add a path to the Horse Park which is to be turned into beautiful green space/walking paths in the middle of the city on Johnston Street. It was part of UL Lafayette's property and will now house the police horses. It would be an amazing tribute to the effort of LE, outpouring of community and also to the equine spirit of Mickey. FOTObug, you had a great idea.

For Mickey...
Sorry, I don't know how to post a video directly, but here is Amazing Grace in Cajun French.

http://youtu.be/vtH7VBDVRsU

That was truly beautiful, MamaRoux.

(And I have to say, about the accompanying video shots -- it is so good to see some of the beautiful wild areas of Louisiana showcased in something besides a menacing or macabre context, as so often has been the case in these threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne