Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't been here in a while... couldn't take all the bickering (even though i guess i started a lot of it)...
just wanted to stop in and say that i'm glad Mickey was found, and offer my condolences to the family, friends and all involved...

peace

I sincerely appreciate your photo work, wodalo.

Tacking on IMO doesn't give someone carte blanche to say whatever one wants. If one states something as opinion, it should be a statement of opinion, not a statement of fact (e.g., 'I think this has happened' not 'this happened'). Likewise, if something is speculation or hypothesis, it needs to be written as such (e.g., 'this could be the case').

One huge problem with the sleuthing in this case is that rumor and misinformation frequently get treated as fact, partly because a number of people keep presenting it as fact. People will make several statements of fact, tack on an IMO, then draw conclusions from the rumors or baseless garbage that they posited as fact. Once the garbage information gets subjected to speculation, it becomes fact for many, and then it's much harder to sort out truth from fiction.

It's almost funny, but there's been a fair bit of collateral damage to people because of going fast and loose with information here.

I've also seen that happen. I see your point.

Tonight on KPLC, Lee Peck interviewed a former inmate who was incarcerated with BSL at Phelps Correction and he said BSL had been questioned on three unsolved murders around the Lafayette area when at Phelps. The anonymous former inmate said that he spoke to BSL after being questioned. BSL was scared to death after being questioned. He asked BSL if he did it and instead of a yes or no answer from BSL, he told him he wasn't going to tell him. Then, within twenty four hours BSL was transferred to ayvolles correctional on September 22, 2005. Then, BSL sent him a letter a week later telling him that he didn't kill the three women.

This is interesting....

Don't have a link, but prior plea agreements have contained a clause that the defendant gives up their right of appeal.

After the plea agreement is accepted by the Judge & sentencing hearing complete. The MSM, if necessary can then file FOIR for the investigation info including interviews & search warrant results, inventories, etc.

Example: Gary Ridgeway Trial (WA)

Green River Killer - Gary Ridgway - YouTube

I'm confused - undoubtedly because I popped in out of nowhere - is this plea deal/confession pure speculation or has something been reported?

(I know you are addressing it, not generating it, FoxFire)

haven't been here in a while... couldn't take all the bickering (even though i guess i started a lot of it)...
just wanted to stop in and say that i'm glad Mickey was found, and offer my condolences to the family, friends and all involved...

peace

Same here. I have not been here much but did stay up late many nights back-reading into the early morning hours. So glad Mickey is found so there will be closure for her fmly and friends. But if BSL has struck up a plea bargain. Will we ever really know what happened to Mickey?

Same here. I have not been here much but did stay up late many nights back-reading into the early morning hours. So glad Mickey is found so there will be closure for her fmly and friends. But if BSL has struck up a plea bargain. Will we ever really know what happened to Mickey?

Plea agreements are not usually secret; he should have to plea in court, and usually the details are given. I am pretty sure we will hear what he says happened at some point; sooner than if there has to be a trial.

Really doesn't matter if BSL & GL are related, imo..

Annie1004, I had not read a book since college(30+ years) until I gained an interest in Appalachee Indian history. I now read several books a week. Ya can't judge a book by the cover..

I read a lot of James Patterson. He is very creative/imaginative. He was a marketer & coined the phrase 'TOYS R US KID'.. He writes 8 books at a time and still uses a pencil..LOL

BSL, spent 8 years in prison and coincidentally murdered Lisa Pate in July
1999; the same month & year Bad Boy from Rosebud was released.
What ya gonna do in prison but read...

Are prisoners allowed to read just about anything then? I was in a used bookstore early in the spring and someone was in there picking up books for our town jail and it seemed (to me) she was carefully picking them out, asking for certain authors etc. Does it just depend on the rules of where they are incarcerated?

I'm confused - undoubtedly because I popped in out of nowhere - is this plea deal/confession pure speculation or has something been reported?

(I know you are addressing it, not generating it, FoxFire)

As this point it is only speculation(putting 2+2 together/reading between the lines)..

It has not been released by LPD that BSL was the credible source that lead them to her remains. If he did, for what ever reason, then he would have had to agree to a plea bargain, imo.

Really doesn't matter if BSL & GL are related, imo..

Annie1004, I had not read a book since college(30+ years) until I gained an interest in Appalachee Indian history. I now read several books a week. Ya can't judge a book by the cover..

I read a lot of James Patterson. He is very creative/imaginative. He was a marketer & coined the phrase 'TOYS R US KID'.. He writes 8 books at a time and still uses a pencil..LOL

BSL, spent 8 years in prison and coincidentally murdered Lisa Pate in July
1999; the same month & year Bad Boy from Rosebud was released.
What ya gonna do in prison but read...

Agree. IMO..he did read and would probably claim to be related to an important small town person even if he wasn't. You know how rumors go. I do think he read and I don't think he was book stupid. His occupation requires he be "smart" and intelligent, and read. Helping the husband study for his A&P test many years ago, I saw math I had never seen before :)

I also believe his "stupid" behavior was actually him believing that he was so smart and everyone else he dealt with was "stupid" and he could put one over one them, divert attention, and sneak under their radar. He may not be social smart.. but something makes me believe he was required as a youth to be book smart, or else. IMO.

What is stronger than DNA?

Broken bones? Skull fracture? Facial fracture? Broken jaw? Broken ribs? Knocked out teeth? Broken neck? Knicks on bones made by stabbing instrument? Certain things that would determine how long she had been there? Maybe bsl's DNA on clothes or Jewelery?

Imo Things like that are just as important as positive identification of the body in providing closure to her family as to what exactly happened to their loved one and perhaps if he kept her captive for any period of time. Or maybe information as to whether he moved the body.

Also helps to build an air-tight case. So IMO they could positively I.d. her with DNA .....but they can do a whole lot more. I don't think Mickey's stay at f.a.c.e.s. has anything to for with facial reconstruction and IMO has more to do with cause of death and amount of time she was buried.

Moo

Plea agreements are not usually secret; he should have to plea in court, and usually the details are given. I am pretty sure we will hear what he says happened at some point; sooner than if there has to be a trial.

Well that is good to know.

Are prisoners allowed to read just about anything then? I was in a used bookstore early in the spring and someone was in there picking up books for our town jail and it seemed (to me) she was carefully picking them out, asking for certain authors etc. Does it just depend on the rules of where they are incarcerated?

Don't know, 5CentsWorth.. I was responding to the comment that BSL wasn't a reader.
I do know that they have access to the Legal Library. BSL obviously read a lot of the law books, due to the three or four appeals filed..

I agree completely and could not have said it better myself. I found myself wondering who was posting and what was being said on here while at the office. My daytime life is so demanding that I could hardly ever break away to try and read anything... so I have stayed up til 1 or 2am since I signed up for this site.

One night I told my husband.. "I can't wait til they find Mickey so I can get some sleep!" Now that this time has come to pass, I feel not only sad for what Mickey and her family went through, but kind of sad that I won't be reading and communicating as much with all of you. I am a sleuther by nature and by heart. You have all taught me things, made me cry and made me laugh... thanks for everything and for allowing me to be a part of such a passionate group of people. You are all so wonderful!

If I am ever missing, I can only hope there is a group like you all out there looking and praying for me.. God Bless

I know what you mean...Here in Florida we have a Jane Doe who was found on the side of the road on July 16 and has been in a medically induced coma. She has finally opened her eyes and responds to questions with a thumbs up or down. But she does not seem to know who she is..So Sad...I will go get the WS thread and c/p it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179477&highlight=Jane+Doe+Coma&page=3

Anyway I do not really want a tattoo... but I told my husband that I was considering getting a small tattoo on my butt that tells my first and last name. He travels during the week so I am home alone on large piece of property with NO close neighbors. If someone were to kidnap me...my DH would never be able to tell them where or when I was taken and what I was wearing!

Sorry to be so O/T....I have finally stopped crying about Mickey. So maybe my soul is beginning to heal a little. I am still on pins and needles until we get a firm ID that it is really Mickey.

Also, I am hoping and praying that BSL will take the plea and the Shunicks will not have to suffer through a trial. Trials just give the P.O. Chit more attention than he deserves. I sat through Gary Michael Hilton's trial for my friend Cheryl Hodges Dunlap. That sorry thing sat there Rocking and Smiling for most of the trial. He was basking in all the attention and I am sure he was enjoying reliving the experience for the whole two weeks. Sick, Sick, Sick!!! I wanted them to have a picture of Cheryl in the Courtroom...So the trial would be about HER not HIM! IIRC there has already been a comment about having a picture of Mickey and Linda Pate displayed during BSL's trial.

Off to Bed...setting my Home Alarm...LOL..

Dear God PLEASE Take Care of Mickey's Angel, I know She and Cheryl Will Be Great Friends

He is Cpl McCutie Mouton :heartluv:

And this pertains to whatsthatnoise's post too........Mmmmhmmm..nothing like a man in uniform! BUT, the thing that caught my eye immediately in the pic posted by another Websleuther, was his obvious wedding band on his left ring finger! Many hours have been spent away from his wife/family in this case. Kudos to his wife as well!

I trust LE to follow up on any cases if there is a chance BL is connected; more than I trust another inmate, in fact.

I trust LE to follow up on any cases if there is a chance BL is connected; more than I trust another inmate, in fact.

cluciano63, it would be logical to conclude that one of the 3 victims was Lisa Pate, imo...

cluciano63, it would be logical to conclude that one of the 3 victims was Lisa Pate, imo...

That is possible.
I am just always wary when inmates want their moment in the spotlight in big cases.
Anyway, Le has said all along they will continue to investigate and to rule BL out or keep him in their sites for other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow