Fox 35 Mobile Webcam Thread #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the cam is stuck A-GAIN.

Guess I'll go to bed. Then they'll come and arrest somebody or something.

I know what you mean. Remember when they used to leave it on all night? THose were the days.... memories.....

It can't be done that way from the Web Cam site, all you will get is this mobilecam1.

You have to do a screen-cap of the entire page by hitting the
2mmwhva.jpg
button, then go to to Paint or PhotoShop and paste the image...............then use your cropping tool, and save as a jpg.

Incorrect. I right click and save the image just fine from the webcam.

I know what you mean. Remember when they used to leave it on all night? THose were the days.... memories.....

Are there some kinda laws that they have to turn the cam off at a certain time? And this is the their parting shot to us??? Or is it just stuck?

It can't be done that way from the Web Cam site, all you will get is this mobilecam1.

2mmwhva.jpg
button, then go to to Paint or PhotoShop and paste the image...............then use your cropping tool, and save as a jpg.

Actually, I tried what I said before posting to be sure it would work, and it did. I am using Firefox. I right-clicked inside the webcam image and selected "save image as" and it saved it right to my hard drive. I pulled it up to verify that it did indeed save the photo, and it did. All that would be left to do is to upload it to a website to get a URL to include in post.

Since it saves the photo only, no need to go through all that rigmarole with print screen -- no pasting, cropping or photo-shopping required.

So maybe it doesn't work for you, but it certainly did for me!

Actually, I tried what I said before posting to be sure it would work, and it did. I am using Firefox. I right-clicked inside the webcam image and selected "save image as" and it saved it right to my hard drive. I pulled it up to verify that it did indeed save the photo, and it did. All that would be left to do is to upload it to a website to get a URL to include in post. Since it saves the photo only, no cropping or photo-shopping required.

So maybe it doesn't work for you, but it certainly did for me!
Good, glad it worked for ya, I don't happen to use FireFox.

I really wish that they would switch this one back to cam2, it didn't freeze as often. Hint, hint, to the station in charge.

Man camera is still stuck. Everything could be going down and we are going to miss it.

If you look REALLY close you can just make out.....

Jack Bauer departing to the rear of the house with....

Casey over his shoulder.

This case will be solved in just 24 hours, but...

Casey will never be seen again.

We can only pray! :hi:

I'll take one of those! yumm

Poor kid. She needs to be in her bed with her pillow and blankie. :(

I do wish they would unstick that camera. Who has that number to call? lol

Maybe it was Tracy who called today? Dunno. They were here awhile ago, before being admonished about chitchatting too much.

:(

OK... Thanks for your help... not sure if this is what you were saying, but it worked for me so here it goes:

Maybe it was Tracy who called today? Dunno. They were here awhile ago, before being admonished about chitchatting too much.

:(

yeah...now we lost the one poster that could fix the cam cause some other poster had to have a hissy fit. :rolleyes:

2mmwhva.jpg

ah cool. Worked for me, thanks.

So, I got it to paint, now what do I do with it? (asks the one learning)

Cam still stuck on that guy. lol

Wanna hear something pathetic & somewhat humerous? Don't tell any of my friends IRL tho, k? Today, I hooked up my computer to the flat screen in the LR that's hanging on the wall so I could watch the CAM & clean a little bit. Um, obsessed much?

Welcome to the club, hon. We all have our quirky ways of keeping up with the case because of the addiction to the webcam.

:p

The neighbor literally drug me away from the screen for a few cocktails - she said I was obsessed and a :behindbar to the screen. So what have I missed?

I use flcker not photobucket and my image keeps coming up as a white box with x.... I have webcam disease?

Use www.imageshack.us

Once you save the cropped webcam image to your desktop, go to imageshack.

1) Beside upload, select "image".

2) Click the browse button. Select the image you want to upload.

3) Don't have to enter email.

4) Deselect "resize image?"

5) Select "remove size from thumbnail."

6) Click "host it."

7) Wait several seconds. A pop up window will pop up. Minimize that.

8) Once the image is uploaded, you'll see the thumbnail of it. Ignore the thumbnail. Click on the image. You'll be taken to a page with a full-size version of your image.

9) Right-click on the image. Copy the url from the properties.

10) In the Websleuths message box, click the little image icon above the message box. It has a photo of a mountain and sunrise.

11) A box will pop up. Erase the http:// that appears in the box, and then paste your url from the image.

12) Click OK. Click Submit Reply.

You should be able to see your image on WS now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela