Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3 year old grandson who hikes all the time with his family in the mountains just barely made a 4 mile round trip up and down a mountain. So yes, I take that statement with a pinch of salt also.

Especially not likely if he had to wade through long grass. Perhaps he could do it if he was walking down an easy path.

I hope okay to post (mods, please delete if not) now that it’s being explored by MSM. I’m not sure there is really much to this angle but looks like LE is at least considering it. I still sadly feel little Emile is somewhere close (but well hidden) - once as a child I fell into a septic tank, thankfully was about 10 so able to scramble out - or has been taken by an opportunist. I can’t imagine this was targeted due to dad’s background. But I guess you never know.

This is to get an idea of the topography of the valley we he is assumed to have gone missing
View attachment 434696
So 96 or so hectares they said they searched, plus helicopters with thermal. After following the case for Kiely Rodni, I learned that helicopter searches are accurate in less than 15% of the cases. Only 15%! Unless he was visible in a field, a helicopter could have flown over a cluster of trees and the occupants missed him if they weren't using thermal at the time. I wonder how far they searched outside of those 96 hectares and if anyone is doing so now as volunteers.

So 96 or so hectares they said they searched, plus helicopters with thermal. After following the case for Kiely Rodni, I learned that helicopter searches are accurate in less than 15% of the cases. Only 15%! Unless he was visible in a field, a helicopter could have flown over a cluster of trees and the occupants missed him if they weren't using thermal at the time. I wonder how far they searched outside of those 96 hectares and if anyone is doing so now as volunteers.

96 hectares is 237 acres. I'm looking over our 250 acre farm field and thinking it's not all that large. I hope that the locals are still searching.

So this goes back to the question of the mysterious timeline. Doubtful they'd leave the house at 5pm to go hiking, unless perhaps they were just headed somewhere close by, perhaps with a picnic dinner, so did they realize he was missing closer to noon, searched for a few hours themselves, and then alerted LE around 5:15pm?
Why doubtful? It gets dark later in France. Evening meal is later. On a hot day 5pm is ideal to hike for an hour or two, come home and eat dinner.

Why doubtful? It gets dark later in France. Evening meal is later. On a hot day 5pm is ideal to hike for an hour or two, come home and eat dinner.
That's why I said "unless perhaps they were just headed somewhere close by, perhaps with a picnic dinner", meaning, doubtful they'd leave at 5pm for a several hour hike, unless...

96 hectares is 237 acres. I'm looking over our 250 acre farm field and thinking it's not all that large. I hope that the locals are still searching.
Same. We are on about 1.5 acres and even though it's a mix of mowed lawn, hillside with "open" woods and very dense sticker bushes like wild roses and such, I'm certain a few people could cover that in a few hours. With the hundreds of searchers they've had, which is amazing and fantastic, and this isn't to criticize at all, but me being confused - each person could take on 1/10 of an acre or hectare and they would have covered 96 hectares in a few days or less. Could the figure be wrong? Have they ventured into the woods at all? What if he didn't head south on that road, but went northwest into what looks like dense woods?

What I am curious about is the terminology and location. it keeps being repeated about ’30 houses’ and hamlet. I google mapped ‘Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence’ and there are more than 30 homes.in fact there are restaurants and inns in a few different areas. So it seems like the search and news talk is all concentrated around the neighborhood, not the town. Anyone with knowledge can confirm?

What I am curious about is the terminology and location. it keeps being repeated about ’30 houses’ and hamlet. I google mapped ‘Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence’ and there are more than 30 homes.in fact there are restaurants and inns in a few different areas. So it seems like the search and news talk is all concentrated around the neighborhood, not the town. Anyone with knowledge can confirm?
I don't have local knowledge but the confusion is coming from the differences in reporting. Some say Le Vernet (which is about a mile up the road) and some say Le Haut Vernet. It's the second one, here Le Haut Vernet

Every single link to every single report including details of areas searched and local populations can be found at this #

Most of the information is already posted on thread here too.

There seems to be "Le Vernet" which is a MUCH larger "town" and then "Le Haut Vernet" 2 km south where Emile went missing with just 25 or so homes. I think maybe your search led you to my red arrow below which is much more populated but not the area in question.

1689384262149.png

I don't have local knowledge but the confusion is coming from the differences in reporting. Some say Le Vernet (which is about a mile up the road) and some say Le Haut Vernet. It's the second one, here Le Haut Vernet
If I google
There seems to be "Le Vernet" which is a MUCH larger "town" and then "Le Haut Vernet" 2 km south where Emile went missing with just 25 or so homes. I think maybe your search led you to my red arrow below which is much more populated but not the area in question.

View attachment 434745
What I can’t quite figure out is if Le Haute Vernet is a little section OF Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence. If I google map ‘Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence’ a red dotted line sections off an area encompassing both, like it is the overall ’town‘ boundry and Le Haut Vernet is a small area or neighborhood inside. That shows the overall ’town’ and area is more populous and bigger than the 30 houses and small acreage In the news In the beginning.

That, with the police reports, means they are concentrating on the 30 houses and acreage of Le Haute Vernet, assuming Emile wandered off, without considering how easy it is for a person from other parts of ‘town’ to travel in.

If I google

What I can’t quite figure out is if Le Haute Vernet is a little section OF Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence. If I google map ‘Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence’ a red dotted line sections off an area encompassing both, like it is the overall ’town‘ boundry and Le Haut Vernet is a small area or neighborhood inside. That shows the overall ’town’ and area is more populous and bigger than the 30 houses and small acreage In the news In the beginning.

That, with the police reports, means they are concentrating on the 30 houses and acreage of Le Haute Vernet, assuming Emile wandered off, without considering how easy it is for a person from other parts of ‘town’ to travel in.
It is my understanding they have focused on Le Haut Vernet, the region my green arrow in my map screenshot above points to as he could not have walked to Le Vernet 2 KM north by himself so all searches of the homes (25 or so) are in Le Haut Vernet) in the immediate area he was supposedly last seen in.

I don't know, when I see the thick areas of trees in and around the location where Emile disappeared from, and even in looking at the clusters of leafy trees in the photo in the above article, I have to wonder if he was overlooked by searchers somehow. Especially after just a mere four days of full on searching. It is known to happen, as described in other similar cases.

exactly my thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members