Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Emile suddenly became frightened because he felt lost, would his instinct be to hide?
If that was the case, he has most likely curled up and gone to sleep ... and stayed there because he became weak from lack of water and food.

Please keep searching ... over and over ... just in case he has been missed.

If Emile suddenly became frightened because he felt lost, would his instinct be to hide?
If that was the case, he has most likely curled up and gone to sleep ... and stayed there because he became weak from lack of water and food.

Please keep searching ... over and over ... just in case he has been missed.
I think they will.
it seems to be a most professional investigation.
Stroke of genius locking the village down.
It seems to be a very caring small community and everybody wants this solved.
Every house, including freezers were searched thoroughly.
This way everybody knows he is not in a neighbour's house.

The dogs were in.
They may bring them in again lest a scavenger moved his body if he has died..
I really think they're on it.
I think that if he is there they will find him and without a contaminated scene.
If every investigation into a missing child was conducted in this manner, distressed families would be spared so much violent sadistic cruelty.

I think they will.
it seems to be a most professional investigation.
Stroke of genius locking the village down.
It seems to be a very caring small community and everybody wants this solved.
Every house, including freezers were searched thoroughly.
This way everybody knows he is not in a neighbour's house.

The dogs were in.
They may bring them in again lest a scavenger moved his body if he has died..
I really think they're on it.
I think that if he is there they will find him and without a contaminated scene.
If every investigation into a missing child was conducted in this manner, distressed families would be spared so much violent sadistic cruelty.
Comforting comments ..... especially for the Family.

It is my understanding they have focused on Le Haut Vernet, the region my green arrow in my map screenshot above points to as he could not have walked to Le Vernet 2 KM north by himself so all searches of the homes (25 or so) are in Le Haut Vernet) in the immediate area he was supposedly last seen in.
But he could have been snatched by someone up the road. It is a bit baffling why the police are so focused on the small neighborhood area, and not one wants to investigate a possibility other than Emile walking away.

I also think that kids can get farther than most people think.

I hope okay to post (mods, please delete if not) now that it’s being explored by MSM. I’m not sure there is really much to this angle but looks like LE is at least considering it. I still sadly feel little Emile is somewhere close (but well hidden) - once as a child I fell into a septic tank, thankfully was about 10 so able to scramble out - or has been taken by an opportunist. I can’t imagine this was targeted due to dad’s background. But I guess you never know.
<modsnip - generalizing>

The thing is, there is no way that's connected to the kid being missing. The only thing this explains is why the parents are maintaining their anonimity, not showing their faces on the media, not making public appeals, etc. They know they're less likely to get simpathy from others because of their political views.

There's no way this poor child is still alive though. For some reason, the local police is staying put locally and searching there though...

Last edited by a moderator:
But he could have been snatched by someone up the road. It is a bit baffling why the police are so focused on the small neighborhood area, and not one wants to investigate a possibility other than Emile walking away.

I also think that kids can get farther than most people think.
I believe the police is still only searching the immediate area where he went missing from because that's where the narrative presented to them and the evidence is leading them to. This is just my opinion, but looking at how this case has been unfolding, I believe the police is staying in that very restricted area because not because they think he couldn't have walked further way... there has to be something else.

Some of that terrain looks quite dense, more and more so the further you get from the houses..
But then I think how long it sometimes takes for a body to be found when someone's gone off voluntarily to end their life, especially in wooded terrain. There are lots of missing cases in the UK that have ended that way and it often takes weeks or even months to find remains.
Yes. This.

It's a strange one because the chances of being abducted are vanishingly small and in a remote hamlet even more so. No one expected him to be there so what are the chances? Yes, people do secret themselves to end their lives but in the case of a toddler, he would have just dropped down from exhaustion. There will be an explanation for all of this and systematic police work will hopefully get to the bottom of it. A happy outcome would be best of all.

It's a strange one because the chances of being abducted are vanishingly small and in a remote hamlet even more so. No one expected him to be there so what are the chances? Yes, people do secret themselves to end their lives but in the case of a toddler, he would have just dropped down from exhaustion. There will be an explanation for all of this and systematic police work will hopefully get to the bottom of it. A happy outcome would be best of all.
Exactly. Plus when you consider the surrounding countryside is dense tree covered hills, the land itself would be the main culprit. Especially if you factor in falling down into holes in ground foliage or long forgotten about ground wells etc.

I understand they have been through all the properties and looked pretty much everywhere but I'm wonder if, somewhere in the forest areas, there could be a hidden entrance, such as large drain holes/well that are not massively visible unless you are up close.

A 2-year-old is capable of squeezing through/into quite small spaces if determined enough.

Does anyone know what the final say was regarding the dog(s) they brought in, did they pick up on any sort of scent in the area where he went missing?

I understand they have been through all the properties and looked pretty much everywhere but I'm wonder if, somewhere in the forest areas, there could be a hidden entrance, such as large drain holes/well that are not massively visible unless you are up close.

A 2-year-old is capable of squeezing through/into quite small spaces if determined enough.

Does anyone know what the final say was regarding the dog(s) they brought in, did they pick up on any sort of scent in the area where he went missing?

Yes, the dogs traced his scent close to where he was last spotted. Posts on page 11 of this thread pinpoint the location:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/france-Émile-s-2-outside-grandparent’s-house-le-vernet-alpes-de-haute-provence-8-july-2023.683710/page-11#post-18415477

Looks like the French police are modifying their theories.

French police fear two-year-old Émile unlikely to have gone missing alone​

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-07-14...-old-mile-unlikely-to-have-gone-missing-alone

Investigators are focusing on the possibility of a criminal offence after the search for a two-year-old who wandered from his grandparents' home in the French Alps was called off.

[...]

Jacques Morel, a gendarmerie general, told French TV channel BFMTV: "We will probably have to admit that he could not get out of this area on his own without the help, the complicity... of a third party."
I haven’t read all of the posts yet, so I don’t know, but is it possible that other children are involved? Maybe he went to play with some kids and something went wrong?

I believe the police is still only searching the immediate area where he went missing from because that's where the narrative presented to them and the evidence is leading them to. This is just my opinion, but looking at how this case has been unfolding, I believe the police is staying in that very restricted area because not because they think he couldn't have walked further way... there has to be something else.
The police are NOT staying in a very restricted area.
There is no singular narrative.
This article published July 8 and updated July 10

I haven’t read all of the posts yet, so I don’t know, but is it possible that other children are involved? Maybe he went to play with some kids and something went wrong?
At the moment, from what we know, he seems to have wandered off alone and got lost, although police are not ruling out third party involvement. Supposedly, the last witnesses to see him were kids too, so IMO it's definitely a possibility young people are involved. Although due to conflicting media reports, it's hard to confirm much, it does make sense that they were young and didn't feel like they had the authority to catch him and bring him home, as an adult or teenager likely would have. I assume the last witnesses headed home shortly after the sighting and have an alibi.

<modsnip - generalizing>

The thing is, there is no way that's connected to the kid being missing. The only thing this explains is why the parents are maintaining their anonimity, not showing their faces on the media, not making public appeals, etc. They know they're less likely to get simpathy from others because of their political views.

There's no way this poor child is still alive though. For some reason, the local police is staying put locally and searching there though...
Since the intensive search has not located a live child or his remains, police now have to consider other possibilities. When someone's missing, the people closest to them are scrutinized. The fact that Emile disappeared on the same day his parents dropped him off makes the far-fetched a bit more plausible, IMO.

At the moment, from what we know, he seems to have wandered off alone and got lost, although police are not ruling out third party involvement. Supposedly, the last witnesses to see him were kids too, so IMO it's definitely a possibility young people are involved. Although due to conflicting media reports, it's hard to confirm much, it does make sense that they were young and didn't feel like they had the authority to catch him and bring him home, as an adult or teenager likely would have. I assume the last witnesses headed home shortly after the sighting and have an alibi.

Were the last people to see Emile kids? I thought they were (unnamed/undescribed) neighbours.

"..... who was last seen by neighbours leaving the family home alone on Saturday"

Were the last people to see Emile kids? I thought they were (unnamed/undescribed) neighbours.

"..... who was last seen by neighbours leaving the family home alone on Saturday"

So, who were the witnesses who have provided information about being the last to see him?
We have been given to understand:
1. His young aunts/uncles;
2. Nearby neighbours.
Possible explanation:
... Did his young cousins run back to the Grandparents to tell them that Emile had run off and they had lost sight of him?
... Following that, did the nearby neighbours then see him?
Both of these witnesses could then believe that they each were the last to witness seeing him.MOO

Edited to change relatives to: aints/uncles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members