Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NGL I struggle with the idea that a farmer could have mown, raked and baled a field of hay without noticing the presence of the child - without going into detail, I think it would have quickly become very obvious.
Just the other day I was reading about a recent case. A woman was asleep in long grass in a park.
A man was sent to cut the grass and only noticed her body after he'd run over her. :(

Yes the person who did the mowing noticed what had happened and contacted authorities.

But what if something similar happened here, and nobody was notified :(

"Émile was seen on Saturday morning, along with other children."

A local told French newspaper Le Figaro there was "some bickering between the children" a few days before Emile's disappearance.

Asked whether it is possible for the boy's family to be somehow involved in his disappearance, a source close to the investigation told La Depeche that it is a theory police are exploring among others.

Idk if I can handle another situation like the William Tyrell case. It’s like déjà vu plus/minus a few different variables. Where could this lil guy have gone to in such a short span of time? Where are you Emile? I can’t imagine what the family especially the grand parents are going through. Please Lord God give a sign to his whereabouts. The not knowing has to be the worst. A nightmare that no family should have to endure. I pray for the family and friends. Please God give them strength. Le imo need to continue looking until he’s found. They will, yes?

There was a sighting by neighbours of seeing E walking in that area - I am guessing at a time that matches up with when the Grand parents said he woke up from his nap.

I am wondering how far away that was from his house and why didn't the sniffer dogs pick that up to match up with where the neighbours last saw him.

I also wonder how far away that was from the house he was staying.

If a person had planned it (they are implying something to do with his fathers political leaning) - how would they know he would be walking down the street by himself. Seems like a very slim possibility.

I feel if the neighbours did see him - that possibly someone else saw him and took an opportunity someone already there for another reason.

Or he is still in a spot that has not been checked or was missed. MOO

MOO

All I know is that the dogs are not infallible.

There was a comment in one of the articles about this case that the dogs were having difficulties due to parasites (presumably when they were trying to track off the roads).
I recall in the William Tyrrell case that the same thing happened. The dogs were getting covered in ticks and it was affecting their ability to track. At least one dog had to be taken to the vet due to this problem.

imo

yes true
oh nooo I hadn't thought about that

A local told French newspaper Le Figaro there was "some bickering between the children" a few days before Emile's disappearance.

Asked whether it is possible for the boy's family to be somehow involved in his disappearance, a source close to the investigation told La Depeche that it is a theory police are exploring among others.

If the last sighting by someone other than family was Saturday morning, many hours before Emile was noted missing, there is potentially time for an accident and cover-up. It's possible Emile did not take a nap.

Last edited:

he's only 2!
how does someone 'bicker' with a 2 year-old?! (not directed at you just a general comment)

French police fear missing Emile may have been hit by a combine harvester while walking through long grass as hunt for two-year-old continues

1689642203770.png

If the last sighting by someone other than family was Saturday morning, mahy hours before Emile was noted missing, there is potentially time for an accident and cover-up. It's possible Emile did not take a nap.
Well, this seems to rule that out:

He was last seen by two people when he left his grandparents' home - but they said they "lost sight of him".
A source close to the investigation told La Depeche the two witnesses who "confirmed that they saw the child walking alone at the time of his disappearance" are "reliable people" who they "trust completely".
It's unclear why concerned neighbours did not go over to check if the lone tot was okay.

Emile seen 'at the time of the disappearance' 'walking alone'. It doesn't exactly say that the two witnesses are neighbours as opposed to family but that does seem to be implied by the last sentence I quoted.

Last edited:
its only about a 60 sec walk

In 2½ year old time, it could take longer. All depends how many times Emile stopped to look at something, pick something up, sit on the kerb, watch a plane in the sky, or do whatever else a little 2½ year old might do.

Walking in that direction makes me wonder if someone not from the village picked him up near the intersection of the main road and the village road.

There are also some people who were in the village at the time that the police have yet to talk to.
It is not clear if these people were visitors, locals, or other people whose phone pings show that they were in the area.
The police want to talk to these people and look at their vehicles.

" ..... the gendarmes noticed that certain people were present at the weekend of the disappearance and have not yet been heard.
Investigators must therefore interview these possible witnesses and also inspect their vehicle."

Sorry bearbear- just worked that out - that's where he was last sighted by neighbours a 60 sec walk from where he was staying. Then walked to wherever this harvester area might be?? - but still in a local area to where he was staying. MOO
i meant it seems he only walked for about a minute then seemingly disappeared, just seconds from his grandparents house

Just the other day I was reading about a recent case. A woman was asleep in long grass in a park.
A man was sent to cut the grass and only noticed her body after he'd run over her. :(

Yes the person who did the mowing noticed what had happened and contacted authorities.

But what if something similar happened here, and nobody was notified :(
I just read an article on that today. So very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist