Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Translate seems to have a-3800 -character limit. Would it be possible to get the new details translated, please…?

The only new things that I noticed in the article are that:

- Emile woke from his nap at around 3pm (no source for this info supplied)

- The dogs tracked Emile's scent to the fountain in the town (no source for this info supplied) where the two neighbours saw him

- People are remembering the disappearance of teenager Lucas Tronche. I looked this up and found that Lucas disappeared in March 2015 from the small town of Bagnois-sur-Ceze (a 3-hour drive from Haut Vernet) - and despite a big search effort, Lucas' remains were found 6 years later in an area he regularly went to collect rocks, 800 metres from his home.

imo

Last edited:
Article from Le Nouveau Detective magazine with a few additional details:

** NB: Listen carefully - you can read this only once (if you reload/revisit the page it will be paywalled):

I don't see any new details that we didn't know about ? What are you referring to ?

A local told French newspaper Le Figaro there was "some bickering between the children" a few days before Emile's disappearance.

So the bickering was between other children, who are older, afaik. I think, the teenager relatives were meant, which makes sense. Little Emile wasn't there yet.

that doesn't make any sense
why would the public care if the teenagers were bickering amongst themselves before Emile went missing?
that has nothing to do Emile going missing so why would they publish that?

No new information online, not even theories!
Interesting.
lE are burdened with 000's of hours of extra work when investigations are wide open.
It's not happening in this case.

I just hope they are working on specific lines of inquiry that will lead them to the lovely Emile sooner rather than later.

that doesn't make any sense
why would the public care if the teenagers were bickering amongst themselves before Emile went missing?
that has nothing to do Emile going missing so why would they publish that?
To me it just adds to the description of the atmosphere, that it's a big family, lots of kids all together in one place, noisy, boisterous, excitable, hustle and bustle type of thing. Maybe they are left to handle things themselves. It's an observation that's come from a neighbour so it must have been noticeable enough to have made an impression on them. Who knows, I see it as harmless but maybe it's a detail that gives an idea of their typical family life. Pretty normal for anyone with several kids? But again it's just a tiny snapshot. Could mean more, could mean nothing

MOO

Nothing new detail wise, Metro reporting today:

"No sign of Émile has been found but the investigation into his disappearance has continued, and the latest theory is farm machinery may have mowed him down.
Police are reportedly looking into this tragic scenario after previously ruling out a bird of prey or wolf attack.
A local farmer told local media how this is not a far-fetched idea.
He said: ‘Sometimes we find deer. The little one may have ended up in the tall grass and been hit by a farm machine. That would be terrible.’ "

Missing French boy, 2, feared hit by combine harvester walking in long grass

I don't know if it's been previously mentionned in this thread but there are two other kids that went missing from the same area. One was Yanis, a 3 years old little boy who vanished just in front of his parents house 34 years ago and was never found. It was only 60km away from the village where Emile went missing. The other one was named Matthieu, he was 10 years old and went missing as he was walking on a road between Peyroules and Castellane. It was almost 40 years ago.

Here's a map (not mine).
A is where Emile went missing
B is where Matthieu went missing
C is where Yanis went missing

Some people tend to think there's a link between these 3. I'm not so sure since all the years that have passed between them but I could be wrong. You guys have any thoughts on this ?

Attachments

• 20230719_111720.jpg
    20230719_111720.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 27
I don't know if it's been previously mentionned in this thread but there are two other kids that went missing from the same area. One was Yanis, a 3 years old little boy who vanished just in front of his parents house 34 years ago and was never found. It was only 60km away from the village where Emile went missing. The other one was named Matthieu, he was 10 years old and went missing as he was walking on a road between Peyroules and Castellane. It was almost 40 years ago.

Here's a map (not mine).
A is where Emile went missing
B is where Matthieu went missing
C is where Yanis went missing

Some people tend to think there's a link between these 3. I'm not so sure since all the years that have passed between them but I could be wrong. You guys have any thoughts on this ?
I was literally just reading two articles about Mathieu and Yannis.

Missing French toddler: 2 boys vanished from same region 34 years before Émile's disappearance

They found Mathieu's bike " His bicycle was found on the side of the road," and then "Sixteen months later, Yannis' parents found the clothes their son had been wearing on the day of his disappearance, 300 meters from their home."

Disappearance of Emile: from Vernet to Ganagobie and Peyroules, the mystery of 3 missing children in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence

"The former major of the Research Brigade (BR) of the Digne-les-Bains gendarmerie, retired in 2009, worked from 1989 to 1999 on the disappearance of Yannis Moré. “The two leather shoes are placed side by side and the laces are undone. I remain convinced that someone left them, perhaps out of regret and to be found, he confided then. I then discover, on a tuft of thyme, a gold medal and a chain at the edge of a dry stream. A few meters away are the wet clothes: briefs, a sock, tracksuit and anorak“At the time, biological analyzes did not reveal any traces of blood.”Other certainties, in the spring, the clothes were not there, the iron rod of the zipper is broken, and the elastic of the bottom of the tracksuit is cut with something sharp“, explained the former policeman."

But no sign of either child.
No sign of Émile or anything he had on him/with him as of yet.

40 years isn't a large time span when it comes to the age of a person.
Is it possible they were all potentially taken by the same person/people?

Edit: spelling.

"The former major of the Research Brigade (BR) of the Digne-les-Bains gendarmerie, retired in 2009, worked from 1989 to 1999 on the disappearance of Yannis Moré. “The two leather shoes are placed side by side and the laces are undone. I remain convinced that someone left them, perhaps out of regret and to be found, he confided then.

I would wonder about regret. Sometimes criminals like to taunt the Police and victims to cause further pain.

I was literally just reading two articles about Mathieu and Yannis.

Missing French toddler: 2 boys vanished from same region 34 years before Émile's disappearance

They found Mathieu's bike " His bicycle was found on the side of the road," and then "Sixteen months later, Yannis' parents found the clothes their son had been wearing on the day of his disappearance, 300 meters from their home."

Disappearance of Emile: from Vernet to Ganagobie and Peyroules, the mystery of 3 missing children in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence

"The former major of the Research Brigade (BR) of the Digne-les-Bains gendarmerie, retired in 2009, worked from 1989 to 1999 on the disappearance of Yannis Moré. “The two leather shoes are placed side by side and the laces are undone. I remain convinced that someone left them, perhaps out of regret and to be found, he confided then. I then discover, on a tuft of thyme, a gold medal and a chain at the edge of a dry stream. A few meters away are the wet clothes: briefs, a sock, tracksuit and anorak“At the time, biological analyzes did not reveal any traces of blood.”Other certainties, in the spring, the clothes were not there, the iron rod of the zipper is broken, and the elastic of the bottom of the tracksuit is cut with something sharp“, explained the former policeman."

But no sign of either child.
No sign of Émile or anything he had on him/with him as of yet.

40 years isn't a large time span when it comes to the age of a person.
Is it possible they were all potentially taken by the same person/people?

Edit: spelling.
Threads for the other missing boys..

It's been over ten days since Emile has gone missing, here's a few thoughts on speculative scenarios which have been discussed on the thread so far...

Wandered off alone
He has wandered off but his body has been missed by the search teams. The witness statement is perhaps unreliable and he actually headed in an unlikely direction, such as North of the village, or entered water. His determination and capability of walking long distances alone has been vastly underestimated, or his body is close-by but has simply been missed. As time goes on in this case, I still suspect the answer to this mystery lies close to the village and I somewhat doubt a toddler could walk for miles alone without giving up.

Animal attack
Seems highly unlikely, Wolves are rare in the Alps these days. Golden Eagle…hmm even more unlikely. Snake bite (from a Viper possibly) is more likely in my opinion but if he was bitten by a venomous snake, he would have been found. Some people mentioned a dog attack, yet it is unlikely evidence (blood) would not be left behind.

Farming or vehicle accident
Seems plausible on these narrow roads in an agricultural location. His size and clothing may have made him difficult to spot on the road or in a field. Most people here agree being wrapped in a baling machine seems unlikely to go unnoticed.

Abduction
The village could have a false sense of security because it is quiet and feels safe and he will have been very easy to abduct from the street if he was alone. Did someone take notice of kids being allowed to run free here. The village is transient with hikers and holiday rentals so random people may not be viewed with suspicion. Was Emile wandering around the village green for some time alone and was spotted as an easy target, did someone wait until the witnesses walked away from the scene. The only building fully overlooking the green is Chez les Ringuous.

Hatred of the family
The family seems to have some political enemies, but the issue is, who would have known Emile would be at the street at that moment in time.

<modsnip>

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts so far on this case :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts so far on this case :confused:
I think there has to be some adult involved. Either it's from the family or a stranger. There's no way he could have walk so far that they're not able to locate him. A wild animal attack also seems not really plausible imo.
Someone knows something. Maybe it wasn't malicious, maybe just a very bad accident, who knows...

there are a few similarities here reminding me of william tyrrells missing case, missing from grandparents, lots of stories of a happy loving family, carers identity hidden, disappeared into thin air, small town, possible police familiarity with family? timelines changing but that could be due to translation

Last edited:
there are a few similarities here reminding me of william tyrrells missing case, missing from grandparents, lots of stories of a happy loving family, carers identity hidden, disappeared into thin air, small town, possible police familiarity with family? timelines changing but that could be due to translation

Difference is, afaik, we even don't know the building, from where little Emile started his adventurous walk along the street. Red roof, and that was it. No balcony known.

When my youngest son was the same age as Emile, I left the children at home with their dad, while I walked to the shops one day, about a mile from our house, a route which I would regularly walk with the children, with my son in his buggy. This day, their dad was working in the back garden, with the children, with the side gate open. He didn't notice our youngest son walking off through the gate with his miniature child's wheelbarrow for several minutes and then when he realised he wasn't around, he frantically searched for him. Now our son was not a walker, he hated walking, always opting to sit in the buggy whenever we went out. He eventually found him, mercifully, walking with his wheelbarrow on the route I always took to the shops, about a half way there, out of our road which had a fork in it and a bend, and around a corner into the next stretch of road. When he caught up with him he said 'where are you going?' Our son said 'I'm going to Mummy'. I couldn't actually believe that he had memorised our exact route to the shops at such a young age.

I wonder if there is a route Emile is used to walking with his family, or if someone had asked him where he was going, and he had said he was going to his mummy or daddy, if they could have offered to take him. Not that we can get answers to this.

Can someone point a case of a missing child where the parents/family made a concerted effort to stay anonymous, never made any appeals to the media, and weren't involved in the disappearance in some way?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm actually trying to give the family the benefit of the doubt, but man it's hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1