Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood trace found on front bodywork of a car in the area. DNA analysis in progress.

PARISIAN INFO. The gendarmes of the Marseille research section identified a suspicious car, showing a trace of blood, in the vicinity of Haut Vernet. Analyzes are underway to determine if it is a trace of the missing child.​

Blood trace found on front bodywork of a car in the area. DNA analysis in progress.

PARISIAN INFO. The gendarmes of the Marseille research section identified a suspicious car, showing a trace of blood, in the vicinity of Haut Vernet. Analyzes are underway to determine if it is a trace of the missing child.​

* Apologies for ‘shouting’ - that’s how WS pastes in header text from the article.

Oh no. :(

Animal blood.

<moo>

Selon le procureur Rémy Avon, contacté par BFM DICI, la trace de sang détectée sur la voiture analysée est d'origine animale.

As the search continues for two-year-old Emile, a local mayor has reflected on the decades-old case of a 3-year-old that went missing in Ganagobie, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence in 1989.

“It reminds us of a lot of things. I sent a little message of support to the mayor of Vernet, François Balique”, Ganagobie mayor Sylvie Belmonte told La Provence, referencing the disappearance of 3-year-old Yannis Moré in May 1989.

“I was town clerk and I took part in the search to try to find little Yannis”, he added.

Yannis had disappeared whilst playing with his three brothers, prompting a search of one hundred gendarmes, soldiers, firefighters and volunteers. However, there were no witnesses, no clues and no suspect.

“We had been settled in Ganagobie for 18 months... I saw them having fun from the window”, Yannis’s mother, Pascaline Moré, told La Provence in 2016. “We give ourselves hope”, she added.

Locals speaking to the media have said they are worried their village may be "cursed" while recalling it was the site of a gruesome murder and devastating helicopter crash over the last 15 years.

Speaking to La Montagne, Christian Mollet said: "The village has been hit by this type of tragedy three times. “There was the murder of Jeannette in 2008, the manager of the Moulin café killed by a customer in 2008; the crash of the company Germanwings, a subsidiary of Lufthansa in 2015 with 150 people on board; and then there is this disappearance...”

Here’s what we know about the history of tregdies in Le Vernet:

In 2008, the peace of the village was shattered when Jeanette, the owner of Café du Moulin, was murdered by a customer.At the time of her death, the mayor at the time François Balique told Provence that "the village will have a hard time recovering from it".

Jeanette Grosos was regarded as a "local institution", according to Gilles Thezan speaking to L'yonne Relublicaine.

She came to a tragic end after a customer, who was well-known in the village, savagely beat her to death. According to local reports, the man who attacked her was known as the "simpleton" of the village.

Years later in March 2015, another tragedy struck when Germanwings Flight 4U 9525 crashed into the Alps.

Evidence obtained from the cockpit flight record and other information showed how co-pilot Andreas Lubitz, 28, brought down the Airbus intentionally.

The Daily Mail has posted a photograph with a mark noting where witnesses supposedly saw the boy walking down the street. This is the first time I've seen that indicated.

View attachment 434207

So I don’t really grasp what happened here….witnesses in this idyllic looking little hamlet saw a 2 year old boy out alone and didn’t think anything of it? Even though they must know he’s from the big red roofed house nearby? Didn’t call the grandparents’ house or walk him back home?

What am I missing?

As the search continues for two-year-old Emile, a local mayor has reflected on the decades-old case of a 3-year-old that went missing in Ganagobie, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence in 1989.

“It reminds us of a lot of things. I sent a little message of support to the mayor of Vernet, François Balique”, Ganagobie mayor Sylvie Belmonte told La Provence, referencing the disappearance of 3-year-old Yannis Moré in May 1989.

“I was town clerk and I took part in the search to try to find little Yannis”, he added.

Yannis had disappeared whilst playing with his three brothers, prompting a search of one hundred gendarmes, soldiers, firefighters and volunteers. However, there were no witnesses, no clues and no suspect.

“We had been settled in Ganagobie for 18 months... I saw them having fun from the window”, Yannis’s mother, Pascaline Moré, told La Provence in 2016. “We give ourselves hope”, she added.
Started a thread for the other missing boy referenced in the article..

He was seen by a couple in the hamlet earlier that morning. At that time, he was with his aunts and uncles.

<moo>

"Un petit enfant en couche qui gambade, comme on en a déjà vu beaucoup [...] "Le petit n’était d’ailleurs pas seul, il était avec ses oncles et tantes puisque c’est une grande famille."

Last edited:
"Investigators said the focus is now shifting to the evaluation of evidence already gathered."
However, he said, "the investigation into the causes of his disappearance will continue, notably through analysis of the considerable amount of information and elements gathered over four days".

I thought I read upthread that he was home with two teenagers? Am I mistaken?
ETA: I found it upthread. Two other teens age 14 & 16.

The article that was just posted by renarde says that Emile's aunts and uncles are quite young, as Emile's mum is the eldest of 10 children and only in her 20s.

(Google translated)
“The little one was not alone, he was with his uncles and aunts since it is a big family.
The latter are rather young since Emile's mother, the eldest of ten children, is in her twenties.

There is one cell phone tower in the village of Vernet; and six other towers around the village within a 20 km radius.

Hundreds of phone numbers will be collected. The investigation will first focus on the people present in the area, one hour before and one hour after the child's disappearance, which occurred on July 8 at 5:15 p.m.

At the same time, these lists of numbers will be compared with the files of sex offenders as well as DNA files, that is, of people known to the police.

Des centaines de numéros de téléphone vont être collectés. L’enquête va d’abord se concentrer sur les personnes présentes dans la zone, une heure avant et une heure après la disparition de l’enfant, intervenue le 8 juillet dernier à 17h15.

Dans le même temps, ces listes de numéros seront comparées aux fichiers des délinquants sexuels et aux fichiers des empreintes génétiques, c’est-à-dire des personnes connues de la police.

Last edited:
It seems that one of the 1200 tips was this .... no doubt that the police have lots to follow up on, which is going to take some time.
Judging by another case I follow, time is of the essence as Emile may still be alive somewhere (else).

The report mentioned a little boy resembling Émile and seen in a motorhome circulating in the department of Isère. The investigators therefore went to the site more than a hundred kilometers from Haut-Vernet. After the search of the vehicle and the verification of the information "the track turned out to be erroneous"

Missing French toddler – latest: Bloody car found in Haut Vernet search for Emile

“Missing French toddler – latest: Bloody car found in Haut Vernet search for Emile

Maroosha Muzaffar and Maryam Zakir-Hussain

Thu, July 13, 2023 at 2:44 AM GMT+10·22 min read

Blood has been detected on the front of a car in Le Vernet, the French Alpine village where a two-year-old boy went missing on Saturday.

“At the moment we don’t even know if it’s human blood”, MailOnline reported an investigative source as saying, noting that the traces have been transferred for scientific analysis to determine if they could be linked to missing Emile.

“It might be a very old trace too, so everybody is being very cautious about the find”, the source added.

Meanwhile, police confirmed that Emile’s parents home - in Bouilladisse - was searched on Monday, with one judicial source stating that “gendarmes were looking into the family’s background.”

Missing French toddler – latest: Bloody car found in Haut Vernet search for Emile

“Missing French toddler – latest: Bloody car found in Haut Vernet search for Emile

Maroosha Muzaffar and Maryam Zakir-Hussain

Thu, July 13, 2023 at 2:44 AM GMT+10·22 min read

Blood has been detected on the front of a car in Le Vernet, the French Alpine village where a two-year-old boy went missing on Saturday.

“At the moment we don’t even know if it’s human blood”, MailOnline reported an investigative source as saying, noting that the traces have been transferred for scientific analysis to determine if they could be linked to missing Emile.

“It might be a very old trace too, so everybody is being very cautious about the find”, the source added.

Meanwhile, police confirmed that Emile’s parents home - in Bouilladisse - was searched on Monday, with one judicial source stating that “gendarmes were looking into the family’s background.”

It is animal blood .. according to the below post by renarde.

From renarde's linked article .... (with the help of Google translate)

"According to prosecutor Rémy Avon, contacted by BFM DICI, the trace of blood detected on the car analyzed is of animal origin. Investigators also looked at another vehicle that had suspicious marks, but it was paint."

Animal blood.

<moo>

Selon le procureur Rémy Avon, contacté par BFM DICI, la trace de sang détectée sur la voiture analysée est d'origine animale.

The police have to start at ground zero ... the family. Then work their way out. Probably a bunch of simultaneous investigations going on right now. imo

I have read many good comments about the family in various articles. This is one of the comments (below) - and there was an earlier article that spoke of more of their background (what grandfather did for a living, where the grandparents iive - as this is a 2nd home of theirs, where Emile disappeared, as well as more about Emile's parents).

About the boy's family, he describes "good people. Very religious and practicing with an exemplary education". Link

This is the earlier article .... there is a section titled Family and Google translate allows me to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli