Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drone sweeping the sky night and day since Sunday, dogs specializing in the search for human remains, the hamlet of Alpes-de-Haute-Provence remains at the heart of the investigation​

By Eve Chancel, special correspondent for Haut-Vernet (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence)
July 25 , 2023 at 9:22 p.m. , modified on July 25, 2023 at 10:34 p.m.

They pay attention to every arrival. All the cars pass under the radar of the two gendarmes who guard this Tuesday, July 25 the entrance to Haut-Vernet, this small hamlet in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence where Émile, 2 and a half years old, disappeared 18 days ago now . They begin to know which car belongs to whom, so some escape the obligation to stop. Gendarmes and residents sometimes exchange a wave of the hand as a pass. The others, strangers to this forced cohabitation, inevitably come up against the two blue polo shirts camped in front of the police ca (remainder paywalled)

it's a tiny village, children habitually played safely on the street, almost no traffic, no danger, no threats..
This place just sounds so mythical to me. Guards stopping those who are unfamiliar, children playing in diapers in the streets, no danger….! So unlike what most of have likely experienced in our lives. I have a very hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this place even exists! All JMO

This place just sounds so mythical to me. Guards stopping those who are unfamiliar, children playing in diapers in the streets, no danger….! So unlike what most of have likely experienced in our lives. I have a very hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this place even exists! All JMO
I grew up in a place like this, doors were never unlocked, everybody just walked into each others' houses. We played in the village street or in the fields, it was easy and normal.

But surely not age two, without even a sibling with you?
I lived in a different village aged 2 and yes, actually, I frequently hit the village on my tricycle faster than my mother could run, having destroyed her kitchen by opening every container and mixing them all up together on the floor, that would have been sugar, washing powder flour and eggs.. safer to move.. this is a true story.. when you stand you aim higher and faster.. nobody stole me even though my family wished for it.. but this was the reality in most parts of rural Ireland at the time, and still if the places are not high traffic places, only danger was vehicles, everybody knew everybody in every house..it is not surprising to me that still there are tiny villages in France and other parts of Europe where this is still the norm.

Edit.. everybody parented every child, it was like that, every adult was an equal threat to that specific child's freedom, in the child's eyes..
It was called community. Children hated it but their lives were safer as a result.

But surely not age two, without even a sibling with you?
sharing old article because it shows the village.
emile could allegedly walk 10 kms according to early reports which I'm sure were an exaggeration but he was well used to long walks with his family. He also looks much older than 2..

As François Daoust , former director of the Institute for Criminal Research of the National Gendarmerie, reminds us, the first step is to carefully review in the laboratory all the mapped areas as well as everything that has already been checked, "to see if there is no there are no holes in the racket."

"Afterwards, it is the continuation of testimonies and the hearing of all the people whose telephones were limited in the area on the day of the disappearance ", explains François Daoust.

after a break during the weekend, field research resumes in Haut-Vernet, a hamlet of 25 inhabitants where the child was seen for the last time. According to several media , the gendarmerie has widened the perimeter to a radius of five kilometers additional compared to last week 's searches .
A drone from the Criminal Research Institute of the National Gendarmerie (IRCGN) will also be deployed, adds France Info .

I lived in a different village aged 2 and yes, actually, I frequently hit the village on my tricycle faster than my mother could run, having destroyed her kitchen by opening every container and mixing them all up together on the floor, that would have been sugar, washing powder flour and eggs.. safer to move.. this is a true story.. when you stand you aim higher and faster.. nobody stole me even though my family wished for it.. but this was the reality in most parts of rural Ireland at the time, and still if the places are not high traffic places, only danger was vehicles, everybody knew everybody in every house..it is not surprising to me that still there are tiny villages in France and other parts of Europe where this is still the norm.

Edit.. everybody parented every child, it was like that, every adult was an equal threat to that specific child's freedom, in the child's eyes..
It was called community. Children hated it but their lives were safer as a result.
Well, it sounds like there were many people watching out for you. I interpreted that it was the opposite in this village, that no one was watching out for E.

I was wondering about the Le Bes River that runs near the town and how far it is from the area where Emile was last seen. Perhaps someone familiar with that area can tell us. It looks to be quite far for walking to from the town. Has there been any information about the depth of the river, etc. Also, the water source for the town and if there are any wells in the area.

It appears that not even one of those inhabitants have been able to tell just how /where Emile disappeared to...... maybe those inhabitants have just become complacent in looking after the safety of these children who wander about the area.
Maybe most of them just did not see him because they were not at the same place at the same time?
He was seen by two people only as far as we know.

There is nothing to suggest they were either complacent or responsible!

This decree, which was to end on July 17, was finally renewed until July 31. It has just been extended again until Saturday August 5 inclusive , according to information relayed by Le Figaro . The objective remains the same: to ensure the smooth running of the investigation and to let the inhabitants and especially Emile's family live peacefully.

Have his parents and grandparents been cleared yet?
Cleared of what?

This entire investigation apart from the most vague and wide sweeping statements is on full lockdown, much like the little village.
we know nothing, we have no theories and we have no suspects or confirmation that foul play of any description plays a role here.

It's refreshing in many ways, no crazy theories based on conspiracies to go chase but it is painfully slow. I hesitate to post repetitive links telling us nothing at all and only doing it to keep some hope alive until we are officially informed that none exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1