Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“If the little boy climbed to the heights of the path, this could corroborate the theory that the toddler wanted to reach the cabin.”
This is the first I‘ve seen a Cabin mentioned, though maybe it was discussed and I missed it. Anyone have any more info on it?
First I've heard of it too.

The cabin is mentioned in the article, I had to use Google translate.

It's a log cabin built by the aunts and uncles which the children love to play in (my words). According to sources, when Emile woke up from his nap at about 4.30pm he wanted to go to the cabin, but the grandfather said he couldn't because they all (presumably his older children) needed to stay at the house to help him put up a fence. The gate was open and they didn't have eyes on Emile, who was playing in the courtyard of the house. The article said the cabin was uphill from the house, going in the direction of Col du Labouret. Col du Labouret is about 1.5 miles from the house according to Google maps, but the article doesn't say how far away the cabin is.

The cabin is mentioned in the article, I had to use Google translate.

It's a log cabin built by the aunts and uncles which the children love to play in (my words). According to sources, when Emile woke up from his nap at about 4.30pm he wanted to go to the cabin, but the grandfather said he couldn't because they all (presumably his older children) needed to stay at the house to help him put up a fence. The gate was open and they didn't have eyes on Emile, who was playing in the courtyard of the house. The article said the cabin was uphill from the house, going in the direction of Col du Labouret. Col du Labouret is about 1.5 miles from the house according to Google maps, but the article doesn't say how far away the cabin is.
Thank you! This story is quite different from early reports that said the family was preparing to go hiking or something like that.

Thank you! This story is quite different from early reports that said the family was preparing to go hiking or something like that.
No it's not. This happened at 4,30pm after his nap.
This is merely a theory.
Not a fact.
The plan for the evening hike is quite a different thing.
Both can be true but again, it's a theory and pretty sure that more than 800 searchers did not fail to pursue this theory.

I do not understand whether the two witnesses saw Emile in approximately the same place, near the triangle, but heading in different directions, or whether one of them is saying he had left home in the opposite direction to the triangle, but had not yet travelled far, or whether they are talking about significantly different locations.

It sounds plausible actually that Emile's walked towards Col de Labouret (a mountain pass near Col du Labouret). And he could have got lost among the mountain tracks, or he could have arrived correctly at a short stretch of the Route de Grenoble, and been knocked by a car or picked up by a car.

His photograph is everywhere.

I do not understand whether the two witnesses saw Emile in approximately the same place, near the triangle, but heading in different directions, or whether one of them is saying he had left home in the opposite direction to the triangle, but had not yet travelled far, or whether they are talking about significantly different location
Eyewitness testimony is notoriously inaccurate, most times due to actual misremembering, sometimes on purpose.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously inaccurate, most times due to actual misremembering, sometimes on purpose.
Sure, but it seems it could at least be made clear what these people said they saw. If they only saw Emile for a few seconds, it's immaterial which direction he was facing. If they watched him for several minutes, and he was walking in a single direction in a purposeful manner, then the direction is of interest. But the main thing is where he was, especially if it was beyond the residential area.

I'm wondering if Emile changed directions--first he walked one way, then changed his mind and went in the direction of the cabin.

If so, each of the witnesses would be accurate.

JMVHO.

I'm wondering if Emile changed directions--first he walked one way, then changed his mind and went in the direction of the cabin.

If so, each of the witnesses would be accurate.

JMVHO.
He could walk downhill and then uphill without changing directions. It's frustrating that the information is so vague.

He could walk downhill and then uphill without changing directions. It's frustrating that the information is so vague.

It's a closed investigation.
There are very few leaks, if any.
It's unusual for a case here but that is the situation.
We have almost no information about how LE are thinking and whether their actions, repeating searches, repeating interviews is tactical or whether they really know very little.
could well be a thing that the bulk of the investigation has moved a long way away from the tiny village.

We simply do not know enough to even begin to speculate/

I believe the police is still only searching the immediate area where he went missing from because that's where the narrative presented to them and the evidence is leading them to. This is just my opinion, but looking at how this case has been unfolding, I believe the police is staying in that very restricted area because not because they think he couldn't have walked further way... there has to be something else.
Adding to your thoughts...
There may be parallel investigation(s) being conducted that we are not aware of.... such as searching other areas... other hypotheses....
MOO

From the photographs of little Emile that our Dotr posted up thread, I'm in awe of the all-knowing appearance of his eyes.
I imagine this child evoking fear and/or resentment in a less aware being.

He seems like he is a kid who loves adventure and exploring! We do have to remember his age though, toddlers make unfortunate decisions all the time when not under supervision...heck, even when supervised they get in trouble (RIP Harambe).

I really hope he's safe and someone took him to raise as their own somehow, and he can find his way back eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member