France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing codified in the law says that "Muslim men are allowed to have as many as 4 wives" and sign them all up "for welfare and other free government programs." Although a Muslim man (or any other man) might live in a polygamous relationship after taking up residency in Michigan, he may only legally claim one wife as his own — he cannot simply list additional (not legally recognized) wives as members of an "extended household" and claim public assistance benefits for them on that basis. Those other "wives" would have to qualify for immigration/residency status (if they were immigrants to the U.S.) and apply for public assistance benefits on their own (as single mothers or heads of households), independent of their status as "unofficial" wives or household members of someone already residing in Michigan.

Different link
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/4wives.asp

It is difficult to move a spouse to the USA. I went through it and it took two years, plus I had to have a job that paid a minimum amount before I could even submit the application. We were also required to have an interview. How would a husband and four wives be interviewed without giving themselves away? INS wouldn't allow one man to claim four women as family members. They are very strict. How do you list "unofficial wives" on an immigration application?

From your link:
For starters, sponsoring a spouse for an immigrant visa is a complicated (and often lengthy) process, one that requires the applying party to have (or have access to) a specified minimum amount of resources before immigration officials approve the non-resident spouse's visa application. The process can take months or years, and many lovelorn husbands and wives find their petitions initially rejected. On top of that, U.S. Department of State regulations specifically state that "In cases of polygamy, only the first spouse may qualify as a spouse for immigration," so nobody is bringing multiple wives into the United States from far-flung lands via immigrant visas.

Should a hopeful foreigner be lucky enough to legally emigrate to the U.S. and obtain the necessary visa for a spouse, he or she had to have supplied proof of ability to support that spouse. But if one or both parties should fall upon hard times afterwards, all involved are subject to standard assistance eligibility guidelines to qualify for services such as a SNAP (food stamps), Medicaid, or temporary cash assistance.

The snopes article only references Michigan. You said it was happening in Europe. Where did you hear that? Do you have a source or is it a rumour?

6 family members of one of the suicide bombers identified are in police custody.

A car used by the attackers has been discovered in Montreuil, eastern suburb of Paris.

http://www.france24.com/en/

http://www.bfmtv.com/societe/attentats-de-paris-le-second-vehicule-retrouve-a-montreuil-930273.html

Cette voiture a été vue à 21h25 à l’angle des rues Alibert et Bichat où se trouvent le café Le Carillon et le restaurant Le Petit Cambodge, à l’angle des rues de la Fontaine-au-Roi et du Faubourg-du-Temple, une fusillade devant le café Bonne Bière puis au 92 rue de Charonne, au restaurant La Belle Equipe. Lors de ces trois fusillades, 39 morts sont mortes.

'This car was seen at 9:25 ... three shootings, 39 people are dead.'

Omar Ismail Mostefai: from petty criminal to cold-blooded terrorist
AFP By Clément ZAMPA
2 hours ago

"nothing more than a petty criminal before he became the first gunman identified from Friday's attacks in Paris, which left at least 129 dead.

[...]

had been singled out as a high-priority target for radicalisation in 2010 but, before Friday, he had "never been implicated in an investigation or a terrorist association".

[...]

The last he knew, Mostefai had gone to Algeria with his family and his "little girl," he said, adding: "It's been a time since I have had any news."

"I called my mother, she didn't seem to know anything," he said Saturday."

bbm

World sings, lights up in solidarity with wounded France
AFP news agency
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA8gsUgAbB4

Paris Attacks: Suicide Bomber Was Blocked From Entering Stade de France
A suicide bomber had a ticket to the France-Germany soccer game, but his explosive vest was found during a security check at the gate

By JOSHUA ROBINSON and INTI LANDAURO
Updated Nov. 14, 2015 1:56 p.m. ET

The guard—who asked to be identified only by his first name, Zouheir—said the attacker was discovered wearing an explosives vest when he was frisked at the entrance to the stadium about 15 minutes into the game. France was playing an exhibition against Germany inside.

While attempting to back away from security, Zouheir said, the attacker detonated the vest, which was loaded with explosives and bolts, according to Paris prosecutor François Molins. Zouheir, who was stationed by the players’ tunnel, said he was briefed on the sequence by the security frisking team at the gate.

Attentats de Paris : Hommage du monde entier après ces actes terroristes
FRANCE 24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHkrWOFOZA

attachment.php

Thank you for all of your wonderful and insightful posts, FindHG.

And a HUGE thank you to Tricia Griffith of Websleuths, for giving us access to the world!

I am truly grateful for this opportunity.

Syrian refugees are not the enemy. What happened in Paris has been happening to a greater degree every day in Syria. Blaming the refugees for this is heart-breaking. They are running from the same terror, and risking their lives while doing so.
I don't think Rocky Road is blaming the refugees, but rather seeking a prudent solution to a quandary.

...noting that there was not much more that Mr. Hollande could do to make people feel secure after an attack like the one on Friday.

The situation France faces has some things in common with the one the United States confronted after Sept. 11, 2001: how to balance civil liberties and an open society with security. The United States chose to curtail civil liberties, tighten its borders and undertake military actions.

Mr. Hollande appears to be tracing a similar path...

[...]
The attacks show “basically the limits of our very successful counterterrorism efforts,” Mr. Grand said. “We have very good judges, focused intel, and you always knew there could be gaps; it means that despite all the monitoring and the intelligence, the Islamic State can organize something quite meaningful.”

“We knew there were limits, and they now have been exposed,” he said.

Most difficult will be future immigration policy. Ms. Le Pen, the National Front leader, sounded almost pragmatic on Saturday as news emerged from the Paris prosecutor, François Molins, that at least one of the attackers had come with the refugees fleeing Syria who had crossed into Europe from Greece.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/w...llection/newseventcollection/attacks-in-paris

Woman from New Orleans shot in Paris attack tried to keep friend alive, newspaper reports
By Emily Lane, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on November 14, 2015 at 9:05 PM, updated November 14, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Former New Orleans resident Helen Wilson held her friend in her arms at the Bataclan concert hall in Paris after both of them were struck by gunfire during Friday's (Nov. 13) terror attacks, according to The Telegraph newspaper. Her friend Nick Alexander, she would learn, did not survive.

[...]

Wilson spoke with the outlet from her hospital bed Saturday, where she was treated for gunshot wounds to both her thighs after gunmen stormed the venue during a rock show. Wilson said she performed mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on Alexander, who is from London, as gunmen were still inside the theater.

"Then he couldn't breathe anymore and I held him in my arms and told him I loved him," she told the newspaper.

[...]

Formerly an employee at the House of Blues, Wilson now runs a catering business in Paris called Rock en Bol.

I just wanted to post briefly, but let anyone who saw my earlier post know that the last person we were seeking in our family is OK. She had been in Paris all week and had returned to Brussels on Friday. She is my cousin and we're 6 months apart in age and she's like my sister. She had lost her phone, apparently, but now at this point in time my family in France and myriad European locals are OK. I am still waiting to hear back from friends that I've not seen in some years on FB but praying they're just home appreciating their families.

[I previously mentioned, half of my family is French. 1 lives in Paris, two in Marseille and one in Brussels-- and she lives there partly because she loved the city so much when she visited me when I worked at the European Parliament.] My stomach has been knots since yesterday, and it's still not relieved but feeling mildly less like I could vomit at any moment.

Gavin Hewitt ‏@BBCGavinHewitt

Serbian int ministry says holder of passport found at scene of Paris attack crossed into Serbia on Oct 7 and sought asylum#Parisattack

BBM

Guess what she did?
She started WORKING within weeks of her arrival to Sweden, (and it wasn't illegal then, the hotel took her right in) eventually found her relatives who could help her out. (and guess what, they were working too.)
Refugees should always be welcomed, put safe and be given jobs, start-up options and an opportunity to learn the new language etc...
I remember it was like this in the 1980's (my mother was a teacher for immigrants).
It's just not like this anymore.
Yes, back in the 1940ies (and in the 1960ies when my parents came to Sweden) it was possible to find a job here without having any qualifications or language skills, unfortunately it's no longer possible, and many of the refugees arriving here have higher educations (doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers and so on), but they will have difficulties to find jobs. I read in our local paper that the county where I live have asked employers here if they can provide some kind of temporary job opportunities for the refugees, so that they would have something to do while waiting, but the county have got very few replies, even as those who take in a refugee won't have to pay any wages to the person they employ.

BELGIUM'S HOME AFFAIRS MINISTER SAYS ISIL COMMUNICATES USING PLAYSTATION 4

QUARTZ
http://qz.com/550365/belgian-home-affairs-minister-says-isil-communicates-over-playstation-4/

The day after terror attacks in Paris left at least 127 dead and some 300 wounded, attention has turned to Belgium. Several arrests were made in Belgium today (Nov. 14), and a black Volkswagen Polo with a Belgian license plate had been spotted on the night of the attacks near the Bataclan theater. Police have raided a Brussels neighborhood where three of the eight attackers are believed to have lived.

More fighters have joined ISIL from Belgium, per capita, than any Western nation.

Belgian federal home affairs minister Jan Jambon has previously described Brussels as a weak link in the fight against terror. Speaking at a debate last week, he said: “The thing that keeps me awake at night is the guy behind his computer, looking for messages from IS and other hate preachers.”

Jambon also reportedly warned of the growing use by terror networks of the PlayStation 4 gaming console, which allows terrorists to communicate with each other and is difficult for the authorities to monitor. “PlayStation 4 is even more difficult to keep track of than WhatsApp,”
he said.

The gaming console also was implicated in ISIL’s plans back in June, when an Austrian teen was arrested for downloading bomb plans to his PS4.

BBM

Yes, back in the 1940ies (and in the 1960ies when my parents came to Sweden) it was possible to find a job here without having any qualifications or language skills, unfortunately it's no longer possible, and many of the refugees arriving here have higher educations (doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers and so on), but they will have difficulties to find jobs. I read in our local paper that the county where I live have asked employers here if they can provide some kind of temporary job opportunities for the refugees, so that they would have something to do while waiting, but the county have got very few replies, even as those who take in a refugee won't have to pay any wages to the person they employ.

If you want immigrants to start working without language skills or qualification, they should probably immigrate to China or other Eastern countries. Simple production is hardly available in Europe, it has been moved first to Eastern Europe and to China or for instance India.
For the jobs that remain, language skills and qualifications are a must.

Society and economy have changed a lot since the eighties. It is naive and nostalgic to suppose that immigration can be solved in the same way today. But somehow various politicians seem to expect this.

Hell yeah they're waaaaaay off LOL. I would never compare other religions teachings to the folower of mohamed.

Islam gets blamed unfairly IMO.

The ME tribes were far far worse BEFORE Islam. Sharia law was intended to CIVILIZE the tribes and impose some semblance of fairness into the culture. They were constantly raiding and killing each other long before Mohammed came on the scene.

Folks act like the tribes were passive little angels and then Islam turned them into heartless blood thirsty religious zealots when in fact Sharia law tried to do just the opposite by forbidding countless things such as selling off women as chattel, taking all of their money, enslaving nearby tribes, burning down villages during war, infanticide, child abandonment, animal cruelty, destruction of the environment etc...

The tribes weren't passive little angels before Islam and they aren't now, they just adjusted their practices according to the set of rules put forth. That does not mean the rules MADE THEM this way.

If you want immigrants to start working without language skills or qualification, they should probably immigrate to China or other Eastern countries. Simple production is hardly available in Europe, it has been moved first to Eastern Europe and to China or for instance India.
For the jobs that remain, language skills and qualifications are a must.

Society and economy have changed a lot since the eighties. It is naive and nostalgic to suppose that immigration can be solved in the same way today. But somehow various politicians seem to expect this.
So you mean that people who are doctors, nurses, engineers and others with higher education and most likely well skilled in the English language should take unskilled labour work just because they are from Syria or other countries outside the Western world?

when in fact Sharia law tried to do just the opposite by forbidding countless things such as selling off women as chattel, taking all of their money, enslaving nearby tribes, burning down villages during war, infanticide, child abandonment, animal cruelty, destruction of the environment etc...

The tribes weren't little angels before Islam and they aren't now, they just adjusted their practices according to the set of rules put forth. That does not mean the rules MADE THEM this way.
Where did you get these 'facts' from?? Or are you just being sarcastic?

So you mean that people who are doctors, nurses, engineers and others with higher education and most likely well skilled in the English language should take unskilled labour work just because they are from Syria or other countries outside the Western world?
ZaZara said WITHOUT LANGUAGE SKILLS.

Where did you get these 'facts' from?? Or are you just being sarcastic?

Anyone that has read up on Islam would be aware of the laws and the reasons for the laws.

I am 100% against ME immigration into the EU. Nevertheless I don't have to make up facts in order to support my position.

am not caught up so thi smay have been posted but i was confused about the fragrmented pictures of what on the the statdium thiss helped

The blasts occurred during the first half of the game, sowing confusion throughout the stadium. At least two blasts were heard clearly inside the stadium, witnesses said, and on the television broadcast.

The game continued for the regulation 90 minutes. French soccer federation head Noel le Graet said that the information wasn’t communicated to the fans or the players in order to avoid a panic. Witnesses reported that news began to spread inside the stadium late in the second half.

“During the second half I started getting news alerts about attacks in Paris, but I didn’t make the connection immediately,”

A spokesman for the French soccer federation didn’t respond to requests Saturday to comment on the events.
Germany manager Joachim Löw said after the game that he feared an attack as soon as he heard the blasts.

This is somewhat confusing , when /where wer the other tw blasts, i have only seen one??
The German team was already rattled by a bomb threat at its hotel on Friday morning, when the five-star Hotel Molitor in the tony 16th district was evacuated.

Mattresses were brought in,” the team said in a statement on its website. “Some players managed to fall asleep

Euro 2016 is set up to be played at 10 venues around the country with two in the capital region: t
A video Zouheir shot on his phone Saturday showed the gate where the suicide bomber was turned away and what appeared to be blood and viscera

Security at the Stade de France gates was manned in part by a company called MCS, which handles events all over the French capital, including soccer games at Paris Saint-Germain’s home stadium of Parc des Princes.
Reached by phone, MCS President Christian Glaz said he was collecting feedback and couldn’t be sure how close any of the attackers got to entering the stadium.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/attacker-tried-to-enter-paris-stadium-but-was-turned-away-1447520571

“Let France and all the nations following in its path know that they will continue to be at the top of the target list for Islamic State, and that the scent of death will not leave their nostrils.…Indeed, it is just the beginning,............

Given just how simple it is to kill random civilians in a Western city, that isn’t an idle warning. It’s also one that calls into question the U.S.-led policy of u of using limited means to contain, rather than decisively defeat, Islamic State.

“Without a doubt, this is a whole new threat to humanity, and it is really hard to imagine how it could be contained,” ...“I don’t think it could be restrained without effectively defeating it in Syria and Iraq.”

Islamic State is far more dangerous than al Qaeda in the immediate future, many experts say. Unlike Islamic State, al Qaeda exercises relative restraint and pursues a political agenda t

During the January attack on Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris, claimed by al Qaeda, the perpetrators didn’t shoot random bystanders—the victims of Friday’s rampage.

“Al Qaeda chose symbolic targets,” s

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paris-attacks-reflect-new-dangers-for-the-west-1447517428

French government has deployed thousands of soldiers to protect sensitive targets and repeatedly boosted its surveillance powers to protect itself.....

But Friday’s shootings and explosions across Paris illustrate the difficulty authorities in France and elsewhere face in containing a diffuse but deadly terror threat.....

They also underscore the security challenge France will face when a global summit on climate change begins at the end of the month. The government this week decided to restore border checks during the summit, the first time it has taken that step in years. Over 100 world leaders are expected

to attend the opening of the summit.

, making the French among the largest contingents of foreign fighters in Syria.

Around a dozen French citizens each month leave to go to Syria. Despite new laws dramatically augmenting the government’s surveillance powers, the government has struggled to track them.
Twice since the January attack, French lawmakers have voted to boost surveillance agencies powers to snoop at home and abroad
the power to bug homes and to sift internet traffic for suspicious behavior.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paris-attacks-underscore-security-challenge-1447462066

Ride motorbike with man? Na-ah!.

LOL. Sharia law mentions motor bikes? I don't think so. Married couples frequently ride on the same motor bike in strict Muslim countries that follow Sharia (such as Iran). Now a woman pressing her body up against a male friend in public? Yes, that would violate Sharia.

BELGIUM'S HOME AFFAIRS MINISTER SAYS ISIL COMMUNICATES USING PLAYSTATION 4

QUARTZ
http://qz.com/550365/belgian-home-affairs-minister-says-isil-communicates-over-playstation-4/

The day after terror attacks in Paris left at least 127 dead and some 300 wounded, attention has turned to Belgium. Several arrests were made in Belgium today (Nov. 14), and a black Volkswagen Polo with a Belgian license plate had been spotted on the night of the attacks near the Bataclan theater. Police have raided a Brussels neighborhood where three of the eight attackers are believed to have lived.

More fighters have joined ISIL from Belgium, per capita, than any Western nation.

Belgian federal home affairs minister Jan Jambon has previously described Brussels as a weak link in the fight against terror. Speaking at a debate last week, he said: “The thing that keeps me awake at night is the guy behind his computer, looking for messages from IS and other hate preachers.”

Jambon also reportedly warned of the growing use by terror networks of the PlayStation 4 gaming console, which allows terrorists to communicate with each other and is difficult for the authorities to monitor. “PlayStation 4 is even more difficult to keep track of than WhatsApp,”
he said.

The gaming console also was implicated in ISIL’s plans back in June, when an Austrian teen was arrested for downloading bomb plans to his PS4.

BBM

Wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members