GUILTY France - Fiona Chafoulais, 5, Clermont-Ferrand, 12 May 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope they find you, little one. Hope whoever did this to you can be stopped from ever doing this to another child.

http://auvergne.france3.fr/sites/regions_france3/files/styles/top_big/public/assets/images/fiona_2.jpg?itok=wF31pAvk
fiona_2.jpg

Trouvez-moi!!!

[Find me!!!]​

Headline - June 19, 2013 at 10:06 :
Fiona has been missing since May 12, and a witness said he saw a girl who looked like him this weekend on a beach.
LINK to story

Extracts from article: (Google translated)
A witness called this weekend 0,800,958,081 to indicate the presence of a girl on the beaches of Perpignan . The person explained in La Montagne that the girl looked like Fiona aged 5 disappeared several weeks ago in a park in Clermont-Ferrand. Investigators do not want to declare victory, because Pierre seine, the prosecutor in Clermont-Ferrand believes that all accounts must be audited. One person had indicated several weeks ago at the same number that Fiona was present in a shopping center in Villeurbanne. After verification, the track gave nothing.

A Twist in this case of missing Fiona...

A better translation would be appreciated if someone has the time.
I will try Bing - see if that works better than google.

News Report 18th June 2013
LINK HERE

We indicate you a few days ago that the mother of Fiona and her partner had asked for a medical certificate for an absence of 21 days of the little girl.
----
A mysterious moving

The couple then made ​​48 hours before the disappearance doctor stepfather Fiona for this proof. They said they want to move to Perpignan, but the grandmother of Fiona was not aware because they wanted to surprise him. The couple expected to find a job in 21 days and housing. The police Perpignan has been in France Blue entering the investigation. The grandmother lives in the city with his companion who is policeman. Investigators are fairly discreet, but the newspaper said the grandmother of Fiona was heard.

Whaaattt?? Does that mean she had been - or they wanted her to be - absent from school for 3 weeks?

If someone doesn't get here before me, my handy, fluent french speaker will be here later, and I will get a full translation then.

I don't know if this might mean there is some faint hope little Fiona is alive after all. I really, really hope so.

I think the witness in Perpignan is probably well meaning, but mistaken.

Wow. Children start official kindergarten at two or three in France - almost every single one of them. So Fiona would definitely have needed permission to be away from school at five. Mumsnet has a lot of info about it.

Whaaattt?? Does that mean she had been - or they wanted her to be - absent from school for 3 weeks?

From what I can gather a letter for Fiona to be absent was put in 48 hrs before Fiona went missing. I think the article was saying that the mother and boyfriend(?) were going to move to the vicinity one of the grand Parents to live - but the grand parent knew nothing about this. The parents said they were going to surprise the grand parent.

The whole thing is a surprise!!
Where on earth can that little girl be?

I look forward to the translation zwiebel.
Bing wasn't all that helpful at all :(

sounds like a lot of CYA. I too, look forward to a translation, as this seems pretty important.

I think the witness in Perpignan is probably well meaning, but mistaken.

Possibly, but I think the media were also highlighting this case which is a about 4 hours away from Perpignan.
A child aged ten years has been removed in the street in Grasse. Two men were spotted, police appealed for witnesses.

The young girl was abducted Saturday evening around 23 hours in the city center of Grasse in Nice Matin. She was up the laundry when she was approached by two men in a Renault Express. A witness at the scene said the two men had forced her into the vehicle.

The driver was wearing a surgical mask and placed a cloth over the face of the victim.

:(

In the middle of the City Center? In Grasse? That's a lovely, peaceful place I thought. I wouldn't have thought they had much crime at all there, apart from burglary maybe. What's happening in France?

Translation coming up in a minute. I've given up trying to pin down the translator - I'm taking the computer to him now.

Eta: Grasse is wealthy - that other case could be a kidnapping for ransom.

Translation in my own words in order for the actual meaning to be clear;

There have been new developments in the case of missing, five-yearold Fiona Chafoulais. Since she disappeared May 12 there has been no sign of her but internet surfers are hoping she will be found in good health.

Investigations have dragged in the last few weeks and searches and reconstructions in the park have generated no positive leads. There is one new theory, a possible sighting of Fiona in Perpignan, and investigators can't stress enough how important it is to have information coming in and to study all leads closely.

It has now been revealed that Fiona's Mom, Cecile, along with her boyfriend, visited the boyfriend's doctor just 48 hours before Fiona disappeared. They asked the doctor to provide them with a certificate justifying a 3-week (21 day) absence for Fiona.

They told the doctor they wanted to move to Perpignan to be close to Fiona's grandmother, but that she didn't know as they 'wanted to surprise her'. The couple said they thought they would be able to find jobs and somewhere to live in three weeks.

Perpignan police are investigating. The grandmother, who lives in Perpignan with her partner, a policeman, has been questioned - even though Cecile's lawyer thinks that the immediate family have all been cleared. Grandma indicated she didn't know anything about the planned move.

Police need to obtain the maximum amount of information on the environment in which Fiona grew up since birth. Police need to know about the role of parents, boyfriend and grandparent.

Will the leads in Perpignan help solve this mystery? The new story about the planned move and doctor's certificate just adds to the list of mysteries in this enquiry. There are numerous questions and almost no answers.

In my translator's opinion the question of whether Fiona was with them at the doctor's is left deliberately, completely blank. There's no indication if she was there or not. Likewise, there is no indication who the certificate was for - school? Social services? Was Fiona under some sort of supervision?

Also, it is not stated specifically that the grandmother in question is Cecile's mom, but I am sure it is. That would be the grandmother who was married to the grandfather reported to have a history of sexual assault, I think it was reported earlier?

Again, I must ask - when was the last sighting of Fiona, outside of immediate family?

Jurisdictional blindness, attempting to exploit, is what is springing to mind for me now.

In my translator's opinion the question of whether Fiona was with them at the doctor's is left deliberately, completely blank. There's no indication if she was there or not. Likewise, there is no indication who the certificate was for - school? Social services? Was Fiona under some sort of supervision?

I wondered that as well - did they turn up to the doctors office or did they ring to ask for this certificate? Did the doctor notify the Police or did the parents tell the police about wanting the certificate? Was there a certificate issued?
Why would they go to the doctors for a certificate of absence if in actuality they were moving location and saying that the 3 weeks were needed to find jobs and a place to live? With the intention of not coming back (though that has not been stated, but implied)
Did they apply for a certificate for the other sibling as well - or just Fiona?

Jurisdictional blindness, attempting to exploit, is what is springing to mind for me now.

Thanks so much for the translation - lots there!
Could you expand on what you meant in the above quote - sorry, I didn't quite know what you meant. Thanks :)

It's actually called jurisdictional linkage blindness. There are lots of cases here on WS where

A killer lived in one police department's area (jurisdiction)
Killed a victim and disposed of their body in another police jurisdiction
Sometimes they even dispose of the victim in yet another police jurisdiction

It makes it very difficult to follow a trail when the victim is still missing, and hard to find and prosecute a suspect. Two or three different police departments have to work together, and communicate.

Cecile and her boyfriend did not move and there are no suspects in this case yet, of course. I suppose I am just thinking of what could have transpired if they had moved. Would they have taken Fiona with them? Left her with a babysitter, like Casey Anthony said she did with her little girl? I am thinking of the difference three weeks and a move to a different location could have made to the search for a missing child.

Luckily, they did not move and 'surprise' Grandma by turning up on her doorstep with nowhere to live and no jobs.

Unluckily, little Fiona disappeared and has still not been found.

We have heard interviews with Mom, bio-Dad, ex-boyfriend (who is wanted!), ex-boyfriend's uncle and Grandma now. I'm still waiting to hear the first interview with Mom's current boyfriend.

Do I have this right? There was a possible sighting in Perpignan? And the Grandmother lives in Perpignan? And Cecile was planning on moving to Perpignan?

Is anyone searching in Perpignan?

Did I understand there to be TWO phone calls with possible sightings, both anonymous and both from the same phone number?

Help me get this straight. The couple needed/wanted to leave the area but needed official permission to take Fiona from school to do so. ( so different in the us ) But they were denied the permission and then poof , shes' gone? Is that accurate or close to ?

From what I can gather from the media reports
1) Several weeks ago there was a sighting of Fiona reported at a shopping centre in Villeurbanne, France

2) A report dated June 19 said there had been a report of a sighting of Fiona in Perpignan.

Perpignan is where the parents had said they were going to look to relocate.

Perpignan is where one of the Grand Parents live - though which Grandparent it is, is not stated.

.. and still no news of where Fiona might be :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back