GUILTY France - Fiona Chafoulais, 5, Clermont-Ferrand, 12 May 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There seems to be a lot of opinion and anger about Fiona but otherwise people seem to be running out of ideas about where to search.

Truthfully, the way the investigation and the legal aspects are working is confusing for me. There are civil suits between mom, dad and boyfriend it seems, and then I think I read that the wanted Algerian man intended to return to France and launch an action too, then there were legal moves to deport mom, and all those strange shennanigans in the park with attorneys and press and judges....

I don't know, it all seems like a distraction from this little missing girl. Police are searching very hard for proof Fiona was in the park - maybe they should be looking for anything that indicates she wasn't?

BBM, UBM - I agree! Has their residence been searched? (I am sorry, I can't recall.) Also, when was the last time that this little one was seen outside of her family? I want more details that confirm that this "disappearance" didn't happen prior to the park!

Thanks for the article. Here is the google English version for people like me.

http://translate.googleusercontent....oogle.be&utm_medium=Images&utm_term=undefined

I am still trying to make sense of what is happening in this case. It seems as though at first mom pointed the finger at bio-dad as a possible suspect, then at the man in Algeria. But how would they have known she was in the park at the time? Did she always go there at the same time? It seems the only person she doesn't suspect is a stranger, or her current boyfriend. As far as I can make out, boyfriend was sleeping in the apartment while mom Cecile was sleeping in the park.

The older article at this links says there were 60 witnesses in the park when mom fell asleep there with the two children. Apparently, witnesses were shown photos of potential suspects? (I didn't know they had any potential suspects). And also a teacher came forward to say she saw the two girls, but they were alone. No mom. I wonder if that was a credible sighting? I would have thought a teacher would have been a little concerned at two very young girls being alone, and looked around for a parent. A pregnant, sleeping woman would be an obvious candidate to me.

I just do not know. Maybe it is the kind of park where little children often wander alone. Cecile is still optimistic Fiona is alive. I am losing all hope now.

Thanks for the article. Here is the google English version for people like me.

http://translate.googleusercontent....oogle.be&utm_medium=Images&utm_term=undefined

I am still trying to make sense of what is happening in this case. It seems as though at first mom pointed the finger at bio-dad as a possible suspect, then at the man in Algeria. But how would they have known she was in the park at the time? Did she always go there at the same time? It seems the only person she doesn't suspect is a stranger, or her current boyfriend. As far as I can make out, boyfriend was sleeping in the apartment while mom Cecile was sleeping in the park.

The older article at this links says there were 60 witnesses in the park when mom fell asleep there with the two children. Apparently, witnesses were shown photos of potential suspects? (I didn't know they had any potential suspects). And also a teacher came forward to say she saw the two girls, but they were alone. No mom. I wonder if that was a credible sighting? I would have thought a teacher would have been a little concerned at two very young girls being alone, and looked around for a parent. A pregnant, sleeping woman would be an obvious candidate to me.

I just do not know. Maybe it is the kind of park where little children often wander alone. Cecile is still optimistic Fiona is alive. I am losing all hope now.

Thanks so much for that zwiebel.
I hope that I am wrong - and it maybe that I have a different impression because I cant understand French language, but in the interview the mother seems not to show the concern I would have expected over her child being missing. One too many smiles there - not grief nor tears. The body language seems to indicate that it is her spotlight and her plight with her partners.
I hope I am misinterpreting this.
I hope she proves me wrong.

All I can say is I have found mom's expressions strangely inappropriate from the beginning.

Bio-dad looks very grim, very concerned, in contrast.

Mom said her boyfriend supports her in everything, so I wonder why he wasn't interviewed too?

ETA: I can't understand the language either, but I think the expressions are very clear, in any language.

This case could be a replay of another child's disappearance in 2009...Typhaine Taton; lost in the town centre.
For more than 5 months her mother was in all the medias, TV interviews etc , then confessed that she and her boyfriend had beaten her to death.

In this case, no-one actually saw them in the park and I think that a lot of french people are just waiting for a confession. They could be wrong but I must admit I'm "on the fence".

Sixty people in the park and only 2 of them children , but not ONE of them noticed a sleeping , very pregnant woman on a park bench? Ridiculous !

We haven't had any info about when Fiona was last seen by anyone other than mom - dad can't help there as the custody battle meant he hadn't seen the children for quite a while. We haven't seen anything definite about Fiona being seen entering the park, or leaving it.

Police did say originally that Fiona 'left the park and must have gone in a car', but I'm really not sure how they came to that conclusion. I was glad to see in the video that tracker dogs have been used, anyway.

I would really like police to clear up the timeline, because I don't see how anyone can have an alibi if it's still not known exactly when Fiona disappeared. I'd especially like to know about that 45 minutes in between mom discovering Fiona was gone, and her calling police.

where is this little girl? How could no one have seen anything that day?

Cécile Bourgeon, la mère de Fiona, se confie quatre semaines après la disparition
Published on Jun 12, 2013

Cécile Bourgeon, la mère de Fiona, se confie quatre semaines après la disparition de sa fille - YouTube

YouTube video includes the following info:

Narrator: One month since Fiona, only 5 years old, disappeared.

Narrator: Her mother believes Fiona was a victim of an event.

Narrator: No longer are pictures of the little girl attached to the fence of the park.

Narrator: In the area, people don’t believe the theory of a stranger abduction.

Woman in orange: “It doesn’t seem believable, especially on a Sunday afternoon.” “It’s perhaps familial.”

Reporter: “Nothing is sure in this story.” "One is not even sure that the mother was in the park that day.”

Narrator: After all the research, the only certainty is that Fiona was not a victim of an accident in the park.”

6/13/2013

parc-montjuzet.jpg

Fiona : L’enquête se concentrerait sur la piste de l’enlèvement
http://www.24matins.fr/fiona-lenquete-se-concentrerait-sur-la-piste-de-lenlevement-49426

The attorney for Fiona's mother believes the investigation concentrates on an abduction.
In reality, 90 officers are mobilized on this investigation and are considering every possibility without focusing on any one in particular according to a local TV station's reporting.
In the coming weeks, the officers intend to explore the roadside services, wells and even caves.

Fiona's mother and her companion are previous heroin users.
Fiona's maternal grandfather has a record of acts of sexual assault.
Investigators have had difficulty recreating a precise timeline for Fiona's mother and her companion.
Despite the above, the police don't have any reason to question the word of Fiona's mother and to suspect the family.
In an interview, Fiona's mother explained that she had doubts about everyone.

Cécile Bourgeon, la mère de Fiona, se confie quatre semaines après la disparition
Published on Jun 12, 2013

Cécile Bourgeon, la mère de Fiona, se confie quatre semaines après la disparition de sa fille - YouTube

YouTube video includes the following info:

Narrator: One month since Fiona, only 5 years old, disappeared.

Narrator: Her mother believes Fiona was a victim of an event.

Narrator: No longer are pictures of the little girl attached to the fence of the park.

Narrator: In the area, people don’t believe the theory of a stranger abduction.

Woman in orange: “It doesn’t seem believable, especially on a Sunday afternoon.” “It’s perhaps familial.”

[I]Reporter: “Nothing is sure in this story.” "One is not even sure that the mother was in the park that day.”[/I]

Narrator: After all the research, the only certainty is that Fiona was not a victim of an accident in the park.”
Agreed. I think the park can be eliminated . mooo

http://auvergne.france3.fr/sites/regions_france3/files/styles/top_big/public/assets/images/fiona_2.jpg?itok=wF31pAvk
fiona_2.jpg

Trouvez-moi!!!

[Find me!!!]​

Oh this poor little girl. The new information about drug use and sexual assualt amongst those caring for her is really, really bad news. I hope there is some intervention here for the sake of the remaining child, and the one yet to be born.

So, if they are certain that Fiona did not have an accident in the park, and aren't sure she even entered it, that tells me they have found no trace of her blood or DNA and, contrary to what the police said at first, have no idea if she left in a vehicle or not.

The clip also says that boyfriend's, bio-dad's and grandfather's (I presume this means the maternal one with the history of sexual assualt) alibis all check out. I presume that is for the time she was supposed to be in the park. I wonder what alibis are like outside of that time?

I would also like to know if grandfather's sexual assualt convictions were against adults or children.

Lots of very rural countryside just outside of Clermont-Ferrand.

There is also an article at the bottom of the page here, that seems to be about the mysterious Algerian man, with quotes from his uncle and father, I think.

For somebody who is wanted, he doesn't seem to have bothered concealing his whereabouts much, I must say. If police have decided Cecile's claims against this man are valid, why haven't they arrested him yet?

http://arpd-idf.org/modules/myalbum...mid=349&com_order=0&com_mode=nest&com_id=4667

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess
Back