GUILTY France - Fiona Chafoulais, 5, Clermont-Ferrand, 12 May 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Once more, thanks a bunch zwiebel for the transcript.

While reading through the article I swiped to quote the same thing you picked up on too...
The attorney appealed for people not to give up: "The worst thing in an affair of this nature is people forgetting".

I do know one thing - that regardless of the mother moving to another place it will not stop people asking where is Fiona, and what could have happened to her.
And what if Fiona is still in the vicinity of Clermont-Ferrand?

No, we wont forget you here little Fiona!
I hope she is OK - but with the amount of child abduction that takes place - I just hope there are other ways and means to try and find little Fiona - Underground networks and like.
Someone knows where she is.
Bring this baby back!

THANK YOU for keeping this little one's case alive. Poor little dear, I fear the worst for her.

I have to say, the French public seem to care very much about Fiona - and they are losing patience fast. On this missing persons FB page here, someone has even jumped on a post for other missing people (from Perpignan) and demanded, 'what about little Fiona?'

https://www.facebook.com/Diffusion.Fugues.Disparitions

Fiona does have her own post there, and there are lots of comments. I need help to understand them exactly, but I get the impression some people are very, very angry over this. If Fiona's mom is hoping to escape all the interest in Fiona's case by moving to Perpignan, I'm not sure it will work.

Just one other thought; Cecile is moving to Perpignan to be with her mother. Cecile has one child and is about to have another, if it hasn't been born already. Media reports have said that Fiona's maternal grandfather has a criminal record for sexual assault. Media also reported maternal grandmother lives with a policeman.

So they cannot be talking about the same person, can they? I'm presuming grandmother has separated or divorced from her husband with the record, because a police officer couldn't have a criminal record. I hope that grandfather isn't still around and will be in contact with the children.

Cecile's lawyer made no mention of the latest love of her life, Berkane Makhlouf, moving to Perpignan with her.

I wonder if the psychologist's report on Cecile will be made public?

Someone refers to Fiona as a little cabbage - petite chou - on the Missing page. That's a sweet term of endearment in France, I thought I should add.

:(
What an angelic face to just disappear into nothingness.
I wish her mother cared. Now is in a case when all you can
do is hope and pray that the perp is plagued with horrible
dreams and waking nightmares and cannot have another day
of peace on this earth.

She does have a special little face. I just know she would have grown up to be one of those Chic French women I'm always so envious of. They can take a scarf and drape it and it looks fantastic. I could never do it. I always ended up with one end dangling and I'd get my heel caught in it, or it would wrap itself around the dog's lead.

The only 'compliment' I ever received from a Frenchwoman when I lived there was this;

"Oh, your dog is so beautiful.......She would make a wonderful coat."

Meanwhile though, our little petite chou is still missing. And mom may be moving away but I'm hoping French moms in Clermont Ferrand are not going to forget this little girl. French moms with a sense of injustice are a force to be reckoned with. They'll take to the streets and their husbands will support them.

Maybe then police will feel encouraged to increase the number of officers devoted to the case again, and Fiona's mom Cecile can stop feeling 'abandoned'.

L-enquete-s-oriente-vers-un-ex-de-la-mere_article_landscape_pm_v8.jpg

Where are you petite chou?

Still hoping you will be found soon!

Thinking of you, little one.

L-enquete-s-oriente-vers-un-ex-de-la-mere_article_landscape_pm_v8.jpg

Where are you petite chou?

Still hoping you will be found soon!

Thinking of you, little one.

OHHHHHH ! I never saw this picture, angelic . Where are you honey ?

Oh, I have no idea where Figtree found this, but it is so beautiful. C'est trop belle.....:(

I do not understand how Mom would not want this picture to travel all over the world. How and why would she call publicity for this little angel 'abuse'?

I do not understand. Does Cecile want to find Fiona, or not?

This old translated article is now also updated, saying Fiona 'died in Clermont Ferrand'.

Surely there would be new news articles if she had been found?

I'm wondering if this is a judicial decision that has been made, rather than police actually finding Fiona. If so, it may be necessary under French law, but it's horrible. Like giving up, before this little angel is brought home.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...cecile+bourgeon+perpignan&client=safari&hl=en

This old translated article is now also updated, saying Fiona 'died in Clermont Ferrand'.

Surely there would be new news articles if she had been found?

I'm wondering if this is a judicial decision that has been made, rather than police actually finding Fiona. If so, it may be necessary under French law, but it's horrible. Like giving up, before this little angel is brought home.

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...fari&hl=en
MOO it's just a translation error. The original says

La mère de Fiona, disparue à Clermont-Ferrand, s'installe à Perpignan

It is translated

Fiona's mother, who died in Clermont-Ferrand, moved to Perpignan
There are two errors here. The relative clause refers to the mom when it should refer to Fiona and disparue means vanished, not died.

Nothing new here, as far as I can tell.

Last update here is on Fiona's Mom seeming to give up the search and heading out to Perpignan. The is a link to the prosecutor saying he regrets not putting out an alert straightaway - which is far too late to help Fiona.

There are lots of photos. One of the park, some of vehicles with Fiona's flyer and one of Fiona with her sister, I think. Heartbreaking. I really, really hope that little girl is safe and happy and well.

http://arpd-idf.org/modules/myalbum_1/photo.php?lid=349

As far as I an see, there is nothing new from Fiona's Mom, her boyfriend or Fiona's bio-dad. They do not look as though they are doing anything to find this little girl. Shame on them. I hope I am wrong and have to apologise. It would make me really happy to do so.

MOO it's just a translation error. The original says

It is translated

There are two errors here. The relative clause refers to the mom when it should refer to Fiona and disparue means vanished, not died.

Nothing new here, as far as I can tell.

Oh, thank you! I thought they had just announced Fiona dead and written off ever finding her. I was so angry!

Oh, thank you! I thought they had just announced Fiona dead and written off ever finding her. I was so angry!

Ah Yes, sometimes those e-translators can totally freak me out and give the wrong meaning to things.
Thanks for finding the article and the translation update guys!

I too hope Fiona is safe and is OK.
And any Main Stream media that pops in - "We Need An Update on this Little girl - please" :please:

Donjeta is absolutely right. Note the phrase

"Date de disparition : 12.05.2013, à l'âge de 5 ans"

should be translated as:

"Date of disappearance: May 12, 2013, at the age of 5 years old" It does not mean "date of death."

May this beautiful child still be alive and well.

Did mom have the ' new baby' ? Who's the dad of that baby and whether or not he wants the child living with mom will be interesting.

Just heard on French news that her mother and her boyfriend have been arrested; nothing else said so far.
No link yet.

Just heard on French news that her mother and her boyfriend have been arrested; nothing else said so far.
No link yet.

OH WOW ! I wonder how to find a french news channel online.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back