France - Five shot, four dead in French Alps, may have int'l ramifications #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm, I am no expert but I do not see a bullet casing in that photo. I am not sure what that is.

Just done a quick search on google images for 7.65 bullet casings and got these pics. It looks like a casing embedded in the ground to me.

Attachments

• 7.65a.jpg
    7.65a.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 7.65b.jpg
    7.65b.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 4
  • 7.65c.jpg
    7.65c.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 2
Thx I hadn't seen that photo. BIB I know - I cannot understand why the French police let the press up there so soon. Unbelievable!

I used to admire the Sûreté (now Police Nationale). They were on par (may be still are) with FBI and Scotland Yard. Read a lot about them when I was young.
But in all fairness this is the Gendarmerie , not that familiar with them and definitely not impressed with them so far.
Since these murders smell like international espionage, I guess that is why the gendarmerie remains involved.

Just done a quick search on google images for 7.65 bullet casings and got these pics. It looks like a casing embedded in the ground to me.

Brass! that is what is wrong imo with what I am looking at, the object in the photo is steel, metal, silver in color. Almost all bullets are brass because of corrosion with metal and other reasons. idk jmo

In fairness we don`t know if the photo was taken by a journalist. It could have been taken by crime scene inverstigators and the journalists got a hold of the picture as is done in so many cases.

Also, with equipment being used nowadays by journalists, photographers, it wouldn`t surprise me that the zooming capabilities are greatly enhanced and crime scene photos appear to be hands on when in fact they could have been taken at a distance.

JMO.

Latest from the Daily Mail.....

Could French victim of the Alpine massacre have been the main target? French police admit cyclist may have led 'double life'

A French victim of the Alpine massacre mystery was ‘temporarily buried’ in conditions of utmost secrecy today as police admitted he could have led a ‘double life’.
His family wanted the 45-year-old’s body cremated, but detectives refused permission – only letting his funeral go ahead on condition that his corpse was buried temporarily.
Forensics experts still want to examine it for clues, as one senior officer admitted that Mr Mollier, who worked in the nuclear industry, could have been the ‘main target’
But Lieutenant Colonel Benedict Vinnemann, who is leading the gendarme enquiry, suggested Mr Mollier may have been more than someone who simply cycled by the shooting by chance, and was so killed himself to remove a key witness.

‘Was the Al-Hilli family the main target?’ said Lt Col Vinnemann. ‘Was it not the cyclist? Only on-going work on the scene can answer this question clearly.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...it-cyclist-led-double-life.html#ixzz26fMDKF00

I know very little about the French judicial system. Is it usual to release a body for "temporary burial"? Surely if more PM tests are required, the body would not be released.

Latest from the Daily Mail.....

Could French victim of the Alpine massacre have been the main target? French police admit cyclist may have led 'double life'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...it-cyclist-led-double-life.html#ixzz26fMDKF00

I know very little about the French judicial system. Is it usual to release a body for "temporary burial"? Surely if more PM tests are required, the body would not be released.

Thanks!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...it-cyclist-led-double-life.html#ixzz26fMDKF00

He was hit by five bullets, including two to the head

bbm, This is new to me.

OK 2 to the head on the 4 adults, 3 to the back? of the cyclist as well. One to the shoulder of the 7 yr old. That is 12 hits, I have read that 25 casings were found. I wondered earlier as well if the cyclist could have been the target. I did not think that both could have been targets by someone else. hmmm

Thanks!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...it-cyclist-led-double-life.html#ixzz26fMDKF00

He was hit by five bullets, including two to the head

bbm, This is new to me.

OK 2 to the head on the 4 adults, 3 to the back? of the cyclist as well. One to the shoulder of the 7 yr old. That is 12 hits, I have read that 25 casings were found. I wondered earlier as well if the cyclist could have been the target. I did not think that both could have been targets by someone else. hmmm

Ever since the Post Mortems were done, the prosecutor has said that the four dead each had two bullets to the head. All four were also shot elsewhere in the body but the prosecutor has not AFAIK stated how many shots to each body.

I do not think it's been confirmed that the french cyclist was shot "in the back" but I may have missed that.

I used to admire the Sûreté (now Police Nationale). They were on par (may be still are) with FBI and Scotland Yard. Read a lot about them when I was young.
But in all fairness this is the Gendarmerie , not that familiar with them and definitely not impressed with them so far.
Since these murders smell like international espionage, I guess that is why the gendarmerie remains involved.
I read on one French blog (translated) that the Gendarmerie investigated Princess Diana's death, but you probably already knew that.

French law for booster seats is until the age of 10. So if they had been following the law, the two daughters would have been in the back seat. If the younger daughter were in one, she would have needed time to get out of it to hide. Usually though, it's never in the middle but near the door.

I read on one French blog (translated) that the Gendarmerie investigated Princess Diana's death, but you probably already knew that.

That is not the only thing in common with Princess Diane's death.

"French police believe the car could hold vital clues to the killer. Scientists who examined the Mercedes in which Princess Diana died are examining the al Hilli family's BMW and have sent it to the Institute of Criminal Research near Paris".
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/alps-deaths-diana-investigators-study-car-105843594.html

Am sure that typical "run of the mill" murders in cars do not end up there.
Wonder if Mr Mollier's bike was dispatched to same.

Well, it looked like the Mirror.UK is regurgitating old story of family feud.
Inheritance is now upto 4 million pounds. Funny thing is, no French media (source is french?) appears to be reporting this..
So take it for what it is worth.

"French prosecutor Eric Maillaud said a Swiss bank account had been traced plus foreign properties with a total value of up to £4million".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/french-alps-shooting-saad-al-hilli-1327288

Sylvain Mollier, death at the turn
September 6, 2012

Read more here

[translated article]

snipped...Employed for twenty years in the field of metallurgy - the company is a subsidiary of Cezus Areva manufactures zirconium alloys for nuclear power plants...

...Avid cyclist, he was dismissed in Ugine bike club and had the habit of tackling the climbs of the region, to keep fit and pedal stroke.

Interesting about the French cyclist but I am still leaning that the father/family was the target. The daughter would be the key to this, the big question is why they were pulled over in that spot. Was there another car when they pulled over, a car that was waiting for the cyclist to pass by? If they pulled over to meet someone, then I think the cyclist theory is dead.

The girl being out of the car and the car door being shut is what bothers me about this case. Did she in fact get out to throw up or go to the bathroom? Okay then, but then the passenger side wouldn't have bullet holes. But where were they going on that road at that time? The car was pulled into the spot so tight as if they didn't want to be seen so well, (just looking at the overhead pictures.) Did they have trouble with that tire, as what reported early on, and the daughter got out to see if the tire was flat? And someone was there waiting for the cyclist? But if someone was after the cyclist, why shoot the family in that manner? If they wanted the cyclist and didn't want to be seen, why not move further down the road and hide in a spot where no one was pulled over and have it be a clean hit?

As for the car seat, I've seen everything here in Germany - many babies and kids are in their seats in the front passenger seat which I know if a big no-no. But they do it. And many cars now have a back booster seat built in that pops up for a small child to be buckled in. I use it all the time with the taxis here and my four year old fits in just fine (although I'm not sure how super safe it is at her size.) The older one could have taken the car seat from the younger one since she had decided to ride up front.

The little girl holds the key to why they were pulled over there and where they were going and I hope they keep these cards to their chests. This WILL tell who was the target tho, IMO.

I noticed a dent on the passenger side in the rear above the tire that's half buried, i wonder if a (pit maneuver) was used to force them to stop. idk

I just thought of something with the time and him supposedly waiting almost an hour. Maybe someone already mentioned this before. England is one hour behind France. If the gunman said, "meet at 3, for example, he could have meant local time and the family arrived on English time, making them an hour early. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr