France - Five shot, four dead in French Alps, may have int'l ramifications #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if the photo of the girls was from this holiday or a previous one.

They are both quite warmly dressed in tights and jumpers.

Did I dream it or is it true that there is only one way in and out?

There is more than one way in and out. For one, there is a fork in the road.

I am flummoxed as to how she got out of car, if she was in front passenger seat then it would seem likely they had the central locking on to keep all doors locked so neither child could accidentally open them, therefore no door could have been opened until the central locking was turned off,

if no central locking was on then whoever opened the door to let her out (or if she opened the door) why shut it behind them, I do find it odd that she would attempt to run, I think like her sister she would have clung to her family, she was only 7 and to me she would have stayed inside the car not voluntarily made a run for it,

I really wished Brett Martin had been asked if the driver door was locked,

7 year old is much older than a 4 year old. So behavior could be very different.

Did I dream it or is it true that there is only one way in and out?

The sign at the bottom of the hill says that after 3km Driving is prohibited. I believe that's just after the lay-by. However, after the lay-by there is a hairpin bend and the road does continue on for about 20 miles according to a 5 live interview with Mark Williams Thomas. And that road is traversible by vehicles. I think I read somewhere that the road is supposedly restricted to National Park vehicles after the lay-by.

There's a useful video in this link where BBC's Christian Fraser discusses the roads in the area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19594095

7 year old is much older than a 4 year old. So behavior could be very different.

Hopefully Zainab has been able to tell police why she was out of the car and perhaps something about the french cyclist.

French prosecutor Eric Maillaud said a Swiss bank account had been traced plus foreign properties with a total value of up to £4million.

Was all this money made from legal sources?

I think I read that SAH's father lived in a small apartment above a bar in Spain at the time of his death.

SAH did not appear to live a lavish life style-the garage in his property in Claygate looked in poor repair.
His car was several years old -the caravan also looked quite old.The girls were in a state school rather than private.

IF he was involved in any illegal activities hiding the money would make sense. Probably cash. Tax free.

JMO

IF he was involved in any illegal activities hiding the money would make sense. Probably cash. Tax free.

JMO

The arguement that Saad Al Hilli apparently had with his brother over the will could perhaps relate to illigally gained money.Perhaps his brother was not part of the illigal activities(IF there were illigal activities)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/11/french-alps-shooting-cyclist-girl?newsfeed=true

Didierjean said he followed the British cyclist for a few metres before arriving at the car park. "I approached the car. I didn't touch anything, but I saw at once that there was nothing more to be done. There was no sign of life." He said he heard no shooting and "seen nobody passing … not a car or motorbike".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...g-Witness-saw-4x4-and-motorbike-at-scene.html

A British cyclist, who is a former RAF serviceman, has told police he saw a green four-wheel drive car and a motorbike speeding towards the scene before he arrived, police said today.

bbm I wonder why Phillipe D didn't see the 4x4 and motorbike as well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/11/french-alps-shooting-cyclist-girl?newsfeed=true

Didierjean said he followed the British cyclist for a few metres before arriving at the car park. "I approached the car. I didn't touch anything, but I saw at once that there was nothing more to be done. There was no sign of life." He said he heard no shooting and "seen nobody passing … not a car or motorbike".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...g-Witness-saw-4x4-and-motorbike-at-scene.html

A British cyclist, who is a former RAF serviceman, has told police he saw a green four-wheel drive car and a motorbike speeding towards the scene before he arrived, police said today.

bbm I wonder if Phillipe D saw the 4x4 as well.

That has already been addressed. There is a fork in the road. The motorbike and a car could have taken a route where Phillipe D wouldn't see it.

cyrilbonnet De l'importance d'une légende //Chevaline : le cycliste du JDD pédalait depuis 2006 : arretsurimages.net/vite.php?id=14… 15 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
bambou2012 Chevaline: le cycliste a été inhumé via @Le_Figaro lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/201… about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite

1 new tweetblog83629 Chevaline : les images des caméras de #vidéosurveillance à l'étude leparisien.fr/faits

I saw these tweets on another site.

Can any one translate them?

cyrilbonnet De l'importance d'une légende //Chevaline : le cycliste du JDD pédalait depuis 2006 : arretsurimages.net/vite.php?id=14… 15 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
bambou2012 Chevaline: le cycliste a été inhumé via @Le_Figaro lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/201… about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite

1 new tweetblog83629 Chevaline : les images des caméras de #vidéosurveillance à l'étude leparisien.fr/faits

I saw these tweets on another site.

Can any one translate them?

The importance of a legend / / Horses: the cyclist pedaled JDD since 2006 arretsurimages.net / vite.php? Id = 14 ... 15 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
bambou2012 Horses: the cyclist was buried Le_Figaro lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/201 via @ ... about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite

1 new tweetblog83629 Horses: images # CCTV cameras to study leparisien.fr / facts

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...ed-to-kill-british-family-20120911-25owa.html

At first glance, the small parking area - about an hour on foot through forest along a narrow potholed road from the tiny village of Chevaline - would seem the perfect place to commit a crime.

bbm if I calculated right that would mean it was about 2 1/2 miles from the village, probably about 2 miles in from the fork in the road.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...ed-to-kill-british-family-20120911-25owa.html

At first glance, the small parking area - about an hour on foot through forest along a narrow potholed road from the tiny village of Chevaline - would seem the perfect place to commit a crime.

bbm if I calculated right that would mean it was about 2 1/2 miles from the village, probably about 2 miles in from the fork in the road.

if the Al Hillis were the target then the killings were not even completed before the first witness Mollier was on scene so he had to be killed as it was broad daylight and he was witnessing everything, shortly after (the killer/s can't have been gone long) Martin arrives, barely missing them, then Phillipe D and the french women,

so in a very short space of time at least 5 people were at the crime scene, and in broad daylight,

there were far better places to commit murder including sneaking into the caravan in the middle of the night

if the Al Hillis were the target then the killings were not even completed before the first witness Mollier was on scene so he had to be killed as it was broad daylight and he was witnessing everything, shortly after (the killer/s can't have been gone long) Martin arrives, barely missing them, then Phillipe D and the french women,

so in a very short space of time at least 5 people were at the crime scene, and in broad daylight,

there were far better places to commit murder including sneaking into the caravan in the middle of the night

I agree. The place wasn't exactly isolated and by-stander free. Yet they police aren't able to find the killer, so it appears the killer knew what he (presumably) was doing.

I agree. The place wasn't exactly isolated and by-stander free. Yet they police aren't able to find the killer, so it appears the killer knew what he (presumably) was doing.

the impression is one of a professional hit, but it was incredibly poorly executed, now either it was done to double bluff the investigators into thinking it is family related when in truth Mr Al Hilli was the only true target and the family were taken out to make it look like a family murder when it is not, or it really is a family murder and whoever was hired to do it just did a bad job

a true professional hit surely would have selected a much better location to do the killing,

I am at present leaning towards Mr Al Hilli for whatever reason either had an agreement to meet somebody there or was lured/pressured into meeting somebody who he was doing business with or involved in other nefarious activities with,

and whatever this meeting was about it did not go according to plan, and whoever Al Hilli was meeting had some expectation that force may be needed thus he had a gun, and it just escalated,

I have a hard time believing that somebody would set up a hit in a National Park by the side of a road that was known for hiking and cycling, in broad daylight where anybody could come upon the scene

the impression is one of a professional hit, but it was incredibly poorly executed, now either it was done to double bluff the investigators into thinking it is family related when in truth Mr Al Hilli was the only true target and the family were taken out to make it look like a family murder when it is not, or it really is a family murder and whoever was hired to do it just did a bad job

a true professional hit surely would have selected a much better location to do the killing,

I am at present leaning towards Mr Al Hilli for whatever reason either had an agreement to meet somebody there or was lured/pressured into meeting somebody who he was doing business with or involved in other nefarious activities with,

and whatever this meeting was about it did not go according to plan, and whoever Al Hilli was meeting had some expectation that force may be needed thus he had a gun, and it just escalated,

I have a hard time believing that somebody would set up a hit in a National Park by the side of a road that was known for hiking and cycling, in broad daylight where anybody could come upon the scene

I agree with all your points.

I do not think SAH would willingly place his family in danger so why were they all there.
If it was a meeting to exchange information or to hand or receive something
why did he not go on his own,he had according to others on the camp site been out on his own on other days.

Also it appeared from witness accounts he had been seen pumping up the rear tyre on previous occasions -why had he not changed the tyre or else taken the car to the garage and had it repaired or bought a new one.

Just an observation. I'm wondering if Mr. al-Hilli was running from something. The family left their home at a somewhat odd time of year, given that the girls would have been expected to attend school. Prior years camping photos indicate the family seemed to have a penchant for bicycling, yet no bikes are seen with the camper this year, nor on the car at the crime scene. Was he out scouting the countryside numerous times each day to see if there was a safe place he could run with his family if he became alarmed about their safety?

The sign at the bottom of the hill says that after 3km Driving is prohibited. I believe that's just after the lay-by. However, after the lay-by there is a hairpin bend and the road does continue on for about 20 miles according to a 5 live interview with Mark Williams Thomas. And that road is traversible by vehicles. I think I read somewhere that the road is supposedly restricted to National Park vehicles after the lay-by.

There's a useful video in this link where BBC's Christian Fraser discusses the roads in the area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19594095

Thank You so much for the information. It appears to be a beautiful area, I went to maps and was able to be on the road just like Christian. After finding out about the condition of the road it would seen that it is more for the nature,hiking, cycling road then it is for vehicles (cars). I am inclined to think at this time that unless they had packed a picnic lunch that they were there to meet someone. Just weird that the days leading up to the day of the shooting he was leaving the campsite 4-5 times a day. In one article campers said a non camping looking fellow was around after they left one site for the other.It is weird to say the least but I think he was there to meet someone and did not feel threated by this person.
Maybe the 7 year old was outside of the car just walking around from the ride there. idk jmo

I was wondering if the photo of the girls was from this holiday or a previous one.

They are both quite warmly dressed in tights and jumpers.

I thought I read or assumed it was a previous holiday.
So at least we know for sure that this wasn't unusual for them to go all that way with caravan bikes etc so this trip may not have been sinister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214