Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So - no mention of his next court date? or any leaks on "what" went on at his last hearing?

TIA!

Nothing so far. Even the most recent articles repeat Monday's information.

I think (think being the operative word, pure speculation) that the instructing judges are waiting the ultimate forensic results before programming the next hearing. Then they will ask NL specific questions and, if necessary, they will be able to oppose him the forensic proofs.

Thank you Lulu_la_Nantaise! :wave:

Éric Foray's partner talks about the day of Éric's disappearance on September 16, 2016. He describes his possible connection with Lelandais as a lead just like any other lead.

Just a video interview:

http://www.ledauphine.com/drome/201...le-goubet-lelandais-une-piste-comme-une-autre

Here are the full articles, on the Disparition d'Éric Foray Facebook page. The same attorney is also working with Arthur Noyer's family:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...07673219.1073742019.100002525767995&source=48

Régis Pique, Éric's partner, states there will be another reunion of families of the missing in Lyon on April 27.

Renarde - could you maybe give me (us) a synopsis of "what" it says, since I don't read or speak French? Particularly the part of Eric's partner says there is a "possible connection to NL"?

TIA! :wave:

Renarde - could you maybe give me (us) a synopsis of "what" it says, since I don't read or speak French? Particularly the part of Eric's partner says there is a "possible connection to NL"?

TIA! :wave:

Nothing new in what his partner said, it seems he is just trying to keep the word out in the media about Eric Foray's disappearance eighteen months ago. The only connection for him was that Nordahl was working as a delivery person / driver (food and beverage) at the time and in that area, and perhaps their paths had crossed that way. Otherwise, he couldn't think of a connection.

The first part about the disappearance is interesting. It seems that Éric Foray went missing almost immediately.

My notes from the video, part 1.:
http://www.ledauphine.com/drome/201...le-goubet-lelandais-une-piste-comme-une-autre

They had been discussing an enterprise with their lawyer that had not gone well. And that afternoon Eric was going to recover a deposit cheque of over 6000 euros.
Then they were hungry but had nothing to eat. The shops in their village were closed so Eric said he was going to the Super U supermarket to do some shopping.

'So he went to the Super U, he took the car around a quarter past mid-day. And then, at a quarter to one, he still wasn't there, at one o'clock he still wasn't there. I tried to call him and the phone went to voicemail.'

Régis Pique spoke with the neighbours, said it was strange, Eric had gone to the supermarket at 2 kms distance. They went the same track. In the supermarket they were told that Eric had been there, in the baker's shop the same and after that, nothing. 'No bank movements, he had little money with him, he did not have his glasses, only contact lenses, so nothing, he had nothing prepared [ for a disappearance ] all has remained here, in the bathroom, just like he left it.
I did not touch anything. All went well, we had no quarrels, his life as a gay was here [ not sure about this translation, can't hear this part very well ] intergrated [?] he was happy, he wasn't depressed.'

BBM

Can't think of a reason why Éric Foray would voluntarily leave his partner hungry, and in the unlikely event that he did decide to run off, he knew that he would be missed almost immediately. IMHO something happened to him on the parking lot and the perpetrators probably have connections in the area sins EF's phone pinged that night in Romans-sur-Isère.

About Lelendais, Régis Pique says he has used that trail to set things into motion. Earlier he had written to everyone, including two presidents of France and no one, not one had replied.

I cannot hear the start of part 2 very well. Does RP suggest that there is a trail he cannot speak about? Renarde, can you understand what he says?

The first part about the disappearance is interesting. It seems that Éric Foray went missing almost immediately.

They had been discussing an enterprise with their lawyer that had not gone well. And that afternoon Eric was going to recover a deposit cheque of over 6000 euros.
Then they were hungry but had nothing to eat. The shops in their village were closed so Eric said he was going to the Super U supermarket to do some shopping.

'So he went to the Super U, he took the car around a quarter past mid-day. And then, at a quarter to one, he still wasn't there, at one o'clock he still wasn't there. I tried to call him and the phone went to voicemail.'

Régis Pique spoke with the neighbours, said it was strange, Eric had gone to the supermarket at 2 kms distance. They went the same track. In the supermarket they were told that Eric had been there, in the baker's shop the same and after that, nothing. 'No bank movements, he had little money with him, he did not have his glasses, only contact lenses, so nothing, he had nothing prepared [ for a disappearance ] all has remained here, in the bathroom, just like he left it.
I did not touch anything. All went well, we had no quarrels, his life as a gay was here [ not sure about this translation, can't hear this part very well ] intergrated [?] he was happy, he wasn't depressed.'

BBM

Can't think of a reason why Éric Foray would voluntarily leave his partner hungry, and in the unlikely event that he did decide to run off, he knew that he would be missed almost immediately. IMHO something happened to him on the parking lot and the perpetrators probably have connections in the area sins EF's phone pinged that night in Romans-sur-Isère.

About Lelendais, Régis Pique says he has used that trail to set things into motion. Earlier he had written to everyone, including two presidents of France and no one, not one had replied.

I cannot hear the start of part 2 very well. Does RP suggest that there is a trail he cannot speak about? Renarde, can you understand what he says?

I wonder if our potential serial killer was delivering to the grocery store at that time? Maybe they met up in the parking lot, agreed to go smoke a joint or something?

I wonder if our potential serial killer was delivering to the grocery store at that time? Maybe they met up in the parking lot, agreed to go smoke a joint or something?

EF was hungry and fetching lunch for himself and his partner. There are no indications IMHO that he smoked or smoked joints.

Would perhaps have been different if this had happened at night during a festival or a party, but it was mid-day on a Friday next to a supermarket. Both EF and RP were working that day.

If it was someone EF knew who wanted a ride, this person must have lived nearby, because EF had to go home where his partner was waiting for their lunch. Yet on the CCTV he is seen talking to persons and walking towards his car alone (if I remember well).

EF was hungry and fetching lunch for himself and his partner. There are no indications IMHO that he smoked or smoked joints.

Would perhaps have been different if this had happened at night during a festival or a party, but it was mid-day on a Friday next to a supermarket. Both EF and RP were working that day.

If it was someone EF knew who wanted a ride, this person must have lived nearby, because EF had to go home where his partner was waiting for their lunch. Yet on the CCTV he is seen talking to persons and walking towards his car alone (if I remember well).

If he walked to his car, and the delivery truck was parked close to him, maybe they struck up a convo?

Serial killers come up with all kinds of ways to engage their victims. Maybe he was lured somehow?

BBM

At the end of part 1, I think he says that EF had completely assumed/embraced his gay life since his move to Isère, something he did not do whenever he went back up to (the city of) Nancy [in the Lorraine region, where they both used to live, and where EF's children still live.]

At the beginning of part 2, RP says (I think): "on est sur une piste que je ne peux pas divulguer là..." or "we are following a lead that I can not divulge at the moment." The reporter asks if maybe they had the same circle of acquaintances, or professional connections. RP states that Lelandais "n'était pas représentant, il était livreur, je crois, en vins, et productions d'épicerie, de... machins, etc, je crois, donc ils auraient pu se rencontrer, je ne sais pas du tout..." or "Lelandais wasn't a wine salesman, he worked in delivery, I think, of wines, of... épicerie products, of stuff, etc, I think, therefore they could have met, I really don't know."

He ends by saying "we can't just put everything on Lelandais..." He also adds that there can't be closure, "one can not even mourn... an accident, that's horrible, you are sad, you cry... at least you have something... you have a body... but here, we don't know anything..." He ends up in tears, and finishes the interview by saying he cannot accept that Éric is "no longer."

I think this is what was said, some of I could not quite hear. I just found it interesting that Éric had a whole other life (and family, with children) in the city of Nancy before moving south to Isère with Régis. It seems like Régis is the only one looking for Éric. I could be wrong.

From the FB Disparition d' ERIC FORAY

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/francoisregis.pique/posts/1657086144385562

François Régis Pique

Finally some hope! I was heard today by the dean of the judges in Valence. A very trying 3:00 hearing. To tell again the sad story of the disappearance my husband Eric Foray, but heard by a very human, very professional woman, full of kindness and compassion, I just hope she will manage to convince the public prosecutor to reopen the investigation.
Then 1h again and we start again with a very nice journalist from Dauphiné libéré, an article that will appear tomorrow with Maitre Boulloud.
And finally another journalist comes home tomorrow for another interview and photo of Eric.
I'm so happy to finally get things moving. I hope I get a positive result and that somewhere is some place Eric is proud of me. And that he knows I'll never give up.
Thanks again for your support, it is thanks to you that despite all these tears, I still manage to keep some hope.
Thanks also to Maitre Boulloud and Mr Valézy from ARPD

:therethere:

Look at the comments, about ÉF's ex-wife and brother... just below the article. Did Éric's family in Nancy not know about his "new" (gay) life with RP?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=977594852391928&id=925297927621621

If I remember well, at first his parents were unaware of the situation and RP was introduced as a roommate. Read that in one of the interviews, was it posted here too?

But anyway, even if they did not know, they surely must have missed him by now?

LAWYER OF RÉGIS PIQUE WILL SUBMIT THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ÉRIC FORAY TO THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF THE GENDARMERIE

France Info
https://france3-regions.francetvinf...-pointe-lacunes-veut-saisir-igpn-1447719.html

The lawyer in several cases of disappearance in the Drôme and Isère, reopened recently in the wake of the Lelandais case, will refer the matter to the Inspectorate General of the Gendarmerie (IGGN) and the Police (IGPN). In particular, he highlights certain dysfunctions in the investigations.

He wants to make sure that everything has been done properly in the Drôme and Isère disappearances files.

Maître Bernard Boulloud, Régis Pique's lawyer, the companion of Eric Foray who disappeared in Chatuzange-le-Goubet, in the Drôme, on 16 September 2016, has just announced his intention to submit this week the case to the general inspection of the gendarmerie.

The lawyer also wishes to submit the case of the disappearance of Malik Boutvilain, a resident of Échirolles volatilized on May 6, 2012, to the General Inspectorate of Police.

Mr Boulloud believes that there may be shortcomings in the investigations that have been carried out so far.

In these files, he points to dysfunctions, in particular the "absence of neighborhood investigations and searches".

With this decision, the lawyer hopes to "set the record straight in these cases of missing adults".

BBM

If I remember well, at first his parents were unaware of the situation and RP was introduced as a roommate. Read that in one of the interviews, was it posted here too?

But anyway, even if they did not know, they surely must have missed him by now?

I guess. I just don't see anyone else looking for him. Wouldn't his ex-wife want to know? Wouldn't he be paying child support? He was due to return to Nancy to visit his children the month following his disappearance.

Same interview appeared in Vosges Matin.

Translation here:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?347972-France-Ma%EBlys-De-Araujo-9-Pont-de-Beauvoisin-27-Aug-2017&p=13982640#post13982640

Régis Pique, you and Eric Foray lived in Nancy?

"He was living in Ludres and I in Nancy. But we had never lived together before moving to the Drôme in 2016, in Chatuzange-le-Goubet, near Valence. We met in Nancy. When I met Eric, he was already divorced. His wife was aware of his homosexuality but not his family, to whom I was presented (at the time) as a roommate."

He and Régis only lived together as a couple for seven months before Éric vanished. He was driving Régis' car at the time of his disappearance.

Maybe ÉF wasn't exactly the person RP thought he was. Or vice-versa.

All this should have been clarified during the investigation, but that investigation still has to happen.

If EF had no reason to run away or to commit suicide, then only the criminal option remains. Or possibly an accident, but it is hard to imagine that that would go unnoticed on the road between the Super U and their home.
It is so frustrating that LE did not start looking for the car immediately as they did in Maëlys' case. There would have been CCTV from shops, homes, bridges, gas stations .... they might even have been able to see if it was indeed EF who was driving

:gaah:

'WE TRY TO FILL THE GAPS': THE DIFFICULT RECONSTRUCTION OF NORDAHL LELANDAIS' PAST

France Info
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-d...enter-de-resoudre-des-cold-cases_2667816.html

Nordahl Lelandais. Until August 2017, this name was little known to police and justice services. The criminal record of the man, now 35, included only two mentions: a one-year prison sentence in April 2009 for burning down a snack bar and a four-month suspended sentence in early 2017 for slashing a car tire with a knife. The Savoyard changed category at a wedding in Pont-de-Beauvoisin (Isère), where he crossed paths with 9-year-old Maëlys. The remains of the girl's body were found on 14 February 2018 in a steep area in Savoy.

Nordahl Lelandais has gone from a petty criminal to a potential serial killer. Justice suspects that he also murdered Corporal Arthur Noyer, whose bones were discovered in September 2017 near Chambéry (Savoie). In this region, where he spent most of his life, several cold squares started flashing alerts. The public prosecutor's office in Grenoble has already reopened four investigations into people who disappeared into Isère between 2010 and 2016. Checks are also carried out in other jurisdictions, from the public prosecutor's office in Chambéry to that in Valence, via Annecy and Nîmes. In total, some twenty disappearances or unsolved cases are revisited in the light of the cases of Nordahl Lelandais. His profile baffles investigators.

The trail of the former soldier will, for example, be explored in the investigation of two disappearances in the Drôme: a 48-year-old man in 2016, Eric Foray, and a 29-year-old woman, Nelly Balmain, in 2011. "The investigation is being revitalised: I have scheduled a working meeting with the Romans gendarmerie company and the Grenoble Investigation Section", Alex Perrin, the Drôme public prosecutor, explained at the beginning of March.

It will be a difficult task. It is necessary to make up for lost time because in these investigations, many elements were not exploited at the time, starting with the video surveillance images. "In the Balmain case, the young woman's scooter was not found. In Eric Foray's car, we didn't find his Suzuki SUV either. We are very close to the Swiss and Italian borders, but the toll cameras have not even been used," Philippe Folletet regrets. He is a retired commissioner who has taken up volunteer service at the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes branch of the Association d'assistance et recherche de personnes disparues (ARPD). Problem, these images cannot be stored beyond one month, just like those recorded near vending machines.

"In reality, these images are often only kept for a few days. However, families who go to the police station to report the disappearance of a loved one often are told to wait 48 hours," according to lawyer Bernard Boulloud.

The Grenoble lawyer represents the parents of Corporal Noyer but also four families, including those of Eric Foray, Nelly Balmain and Malik Boutvillain, a 32-year-old man who disappeared in Echirolles (Isère) on May 6, 2012. In this last disappearance case, "the 48 hours expired on a holiday, so nothing was done for 72 hours," he fulminates. The days and weeks that followed were hardly more fruitful. So his phone and computer were never investigated.
In Nelly Balmain's case, it might even be impossible: "When the case was closed without follow-up after two years, her parents gave Emmaus her computer and her telephone," he sighs.

"The treatment of suspicious disappearances of adults in France is catastrophic," Didier Seban deplores. He represents the families of Jean-Christophe Morin, 22, and Ahmed Hamadou, 45, who disappeared a year apart during a music festival at the Fort de Tamié, near Albertville (Savoie), in 2011 and 2012. "Two different gendarmeries conducted the investigation because they disappeared 300 meters apart," the counsel regrets. He will ask for the police to check Jean-Christophe Morin's phone and bag, found during a search.

Did the two men cross Nordahl Lelandais' path? Again, time is not on the investigators' side. The telephone data, which shows whether two mobiles were confined to the same location, as was done in the Corporal Noyer investigation, are only kept for one year. Unless the courts ask that they be frozen.

Nothing of the sort has been done in the files of Jean-Christophe Morin and Ahmed Hamadou, as in most cases of disappearances of adults. However, according to former Commissioner Philippe Folletet, "the analysis of Imei numbers on mobile phones and Imsi numbers on SIM cards can yield results". Provided that these elements have been retained. "The memory of mobile phones that are nearly ten years old is not the same as that of current mobile phones," a source within the gendarmerie relativizes.

"Several years later, we try to fill in the gaps," Bernard Boulloud points out. The first thing that a lawyer advises his clients to do is to file a complaint with the constitution of a civil party, to obtain the opening of a judicial information and to have access to the file. This should be done as soon as the disappearance occurs. "The investigating judge plays the role of conductor, who will set the tempo. Investigators are obliged to follow. With the means at hand, we will try to do the neighbourhood surveys that have not been done. We can still take fingerprints on the objects and clothes of the disappeared," the lawyer lists.

According to him, media coverage of these cases can help fill the gaps: "It gets some people out of the woods." The local ARPD assists the families in these steps. "We help them to push the right doors and find the right arguments to advance investigations," emphasizes Philippe Folletet.

Then it is up to the magistrates to share the information gathered by these different actors. "The judges seized of certain disappearances can start by asking their colleagues for a copy of the Lelandais files," Bernard Boulloud suggests. And to send the elements to the judicial pole of the national gendarmerie (PJGN) in Pontoise (Oise), where a cell coordinates all the collected information on these files of not elucidated disappearances and on Nordahl Lelandais.

Called "Ariane", this unit has about ten people: experts based in Pontoise and investigators spread over the research sections of Grenoble, Chambéry and Reims. Nordahl Lelandais spent five years as a dog handler in the 132nd army dog battalion, based in Suippes, Marne.

The mission of this dedicated team consists of two stages. The first step is to take a closer look at Nordahl Lelandais' life course, interviewing all the judicial bases but also private service providers such as telephone operators, banks and insurance companies. In the jargon of the gendarmes, this work aims to "fix in time and space" the suspect. Concretely, it consists in finding his various addresses, the places he frequented, his employers, his friends, his banking movements, his old vehicles and mobile phones. Has it been checked anywhere? What gyms did he use? What nightclubs? The objective is to go back as far as possible in time.

The thousands of data collected will then be compared with the information available to investigators on all unsolved disappearance cases, through the AnaCrim software. This 360-strong unit was created in the 1990s, when Constable Jean-François Abgrall headed the investigation unit devoted to the "murder backpacker" Francis Heaulme. Since then, the system has made possible to implicate the serial killer Patrice Alègre for certain crimes and it was used to revive the case of little Gregory, in early 2017. AnaCrim makes it possible to create relational diagrams and chronologies, even when the protagonists of a file are very numerous.

Investigators have already been able to exclude Nordahl Lelandais' involvement in three cold cases: the disappearance of little Estelle Mouzin in 2003 in Guermantes (Seine-et-Marne), since he was on mission in French Guiana at that time; the Chevaline massacre in September 2012 in Savoie, and the disappearance of Lucas Tronche in March 2015 in the Gard. In this case, however, the courts are awaiting final results. "We have a number of elements that lead us to believe that he was not in the Gard at the time. But as long as we are not sure, it is an element on which we continue to work", the public prosecutor of Nîmes indicated.

If it is ruled out in certain cases, the Lelandais lead will at least have made it possible to reactivate the investigations. And families have regained hope that one day they will know the truth about what happened to their loved ones. "We will close the door if it is not him but we will open others," former Commissioner Philippe Folletet formulates his hopes.

BBM

To everyone who bought a computer or a phone from charity Emmaus in 2014, in St Paul lès Romans, please report to the Police.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members