GUILTY France - Three injured in attack on Amsterdam-Paris Thalys train, 21 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
French media reported that at least two U.S. Marines on board the train overpowered the man. U.S. Marine spokesman in Germany Capt. Richard Ulsh told CBS News that "they can confirm that Americans subdued the gunmen" but he would not confirm whether they were Marines.
Two of the victims were in critical condition, according to a statement from Hollande's office.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/france-3-people-wounded-in-shooting-on-high-speed-train/

@itele

Shootings #Thalys> Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel declares this a "terrorist attack"

BBM

Told you so.

The wounded are in my thoughts and prayers. Semper Fi!

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/region/a...s-un-thalys-la-piste-terroriste-ia0b0n3001636

The two soldiers were injured, one by a gunshot, the other with a knife. One victim is "very seriously injured, his prognosis is life threatening" and the second one has, "less serious damage," according to the spokesman of the Interior Ministry. The first, hit by a bullet, was transported by helicopter to the hospital of Lille. The second one, injured by a knife (presumably a cutter), has a superficial wound in the neck. He was transferred to the Hospital of Arras.

BBM

'pronostic vital engagé' is a medical term that is used in France if the situation is serious but they do not really want to tell you what or why (for legal reasons). I translate it as life threatening but this could also mean that his life is in danger if nothing is done about it.

So let's hope for the best.

So many people thanking the US marines on twitter now, I can't find the ones that mentioned a Brit. This may be one of the heroes:

[video=twitter;634801952665280512]https://twitter.com/DutchOsintGuy/status/634801952665280512[/video]

Friend of this cameraman was aboard the train so there are quite a few photos at the link. He was one of first to break the news.

[video=twitter;634756187246993408]https://twitter.com/FreedomFilmLLC/status/634756187246993408[/video]

ZaZara, do you think the gunmen's intended target was Gare du Nord, or the train itself?

(Gare du Nord is main Paris station for anyone unfamiliar).

http://www.demorgen.be/binnenland/m...igheidsmaatregelen-in-belgie-a2431082/2aZ3Iv/

Belgium tightens security measures from tonight on after a gunman wounded two people during a Thalys train ride between Amsterdam and Paris. The spokesman of Prime Minister Charles Michel has announced this.
Michel has immediately convened the Strategic Committee for Intelligence and Security to assess the terror alert level.

The Prime Minister, after consultation with Jan Jambon, the Minister for Internal Affairs, decided to step up the specific security measures.

There was also contact with the Dutch and French governments. "In addition, the Prime Minister had contact with French President Francois Hollande, in which he made clear the willingness to strengthen cooperation between France and Belgium in the fight against terrorism," according to Frédéric Cauderlier, spokesman for the prime minister.

On microblogging site Twitter, Michel already expressed his sympathy for the victims. "I condemn the terrorist attack in the Thalys and sympathize with the victims," his message reads.

BBM

ZaZara, do you think the gunmen's intended target was Gare du Nord, or the train itself?

(Gare du Nord is main Paris station for anyone unfamiliar).

Train itself IMHO. That is, the passengers. Attack seems to have started before Arras. Arras to Paris is almost 200 kms.

My scenario:

Suspect is French or living in France.
Traveled to Brussels to buy the weapon(s)
Put everything in the backpack.
Boarded the train after Friday prayers.
Waited untill train had crossed the border with France (??)

@itele

French President Hollande and Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel will "cooperate closely" in the investigation (statement Elysee)

BBM

About time! Brussels is the place to be if you want to buy a cheap kalashnikov. Try the neighbourhood near Brussels Midi / Sud railway station for an offer, or else (better) stay away from there.

Zuid Station is a place you want to move quickly through and not hang out.I usually stay across the street.The polite are very heavy there and I have seem them handling suspects many times.

I'm at work.
Thank you all for keeping me updated on this.

Semper Fi!

Zuid Station is a place you want to move quickly through and not hang out.I usually stay across the street.The polite are very heavy there and I have seem them handling suspects many times.

I seem to remember that Coulibaly, the attacker of the Kasher Supermarket in Paris, bought his weapon in that neighbourhood.
Too depressing to look it up, it is somewhere on the Charlie Hebdo thread.

Muslim terrorism is here to stay in Europe and it will not go away by itself nor for a long, long time.
Saw a map how ISIS terror is spreading over the African content as well...

:banghead::banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back