GUILTY France - Three injured in attack on Amsterdam-Paris Thalys train, 21 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unarmed US Marines foil suspected terrorist attack onboard high-speed train between Amsterdam and Paris after they take down Kalashnikov-wielding Moroccan gunman known to intelligence services

Eyewitnesses said two U.S. Marines on the train disarmed the 26-year-old gunman and pinned him to the ground ]

French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve praised the Marines who almost certainly 'averted a disaster'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...peed-train-Amsterdam-Paris.html#ixzz3jULB0x6t
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited to add: The comments after the article warmed my heart. Many are thanking the men ( I believe they were all men) who jumped into action for their selfless act of courage.

Zuid Station is a place you want to move quickly through and not hang out.I usually stay across the street.The polite are very heavy there and I have seem them handling suspects many times.

I got to stay in a hotel right there last time I visited, thanks to someone in my household who loves trains. That place has a bad atmosphere and I felt very uneasy. Authorities don't seem to care much though, is my impression.

Off topic, but right now a town called Heidenau in Saxony in eastern Germany is being overrun with rioting Nazis and police are losing the battle. Stuck in the middle is a bus full of refugees who were supposed to be housed in the town.

I'm worried about the future of Europe if all this doesn't stop soon. :(

I got to stay in a hotel right there last time I visited, thanks to someone in my household who loves trains. That place has a bad atmosphere and I felt very uneasy. Authorities don't seem to care much though, is my impression.

Many hotels across from the station makes it very convenient.We only stay over night to catch the plane next day and eat at the House of Crepes.We are very very careful in Brussels to not speak english or dilly dally any where.

I have no idea but it's really freaky looking. I wonder what it's about?

Think it's like the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms? They wear balaclavas sometimes. I don't really know the reason though, unless it's because they frequently work undercover.

This could not be a lone gunman if he purchased a weapon like that.

Why not?

In Brussels a kalashnikov costs less than 5000 euros and it can be purchased with a simple loan, which the shooter does not plan to repay anyway.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...azine-Charlie-Hebdo-1&p=11391116#post11391116

This guy did not even make a 'plan' like Coulibaly and the Kouachi brothers did.
Buy a gun, get on the train and shoot to your heart's desire. Anything goes. Anyone goes.
I wonder what those who claimed that 'Charlie Hebdo' had it coming and that one should respect religious feelings, are saying now.

PS SORRY! did not read my own post well, for that money Coulibaly bought:
the Skorpion submachine guns he used in the attack, as well as the rocket propelled grenade launcher and the Kalashnikov automatic assault rifles that Said and Cherif Kouachi used to perpetrate the massacre at the offices of Charlie Hebdo.

BBM

I will stop saving immediately. I have enough in the bank for a ladysize Kalashnikov.

ISIS are usually quick to take responsibility, even for lone wolf attacks. But as this one failed, I'm thinking we might not ever hear from them, even if they have trained and funded the man in this attack?

What happened here really is the most amazing saving grace, in a way.

That two US Marines should be on vacation in Europe and step onto the same train as a terrorist, and be close enough when he visited the toilet to hear and recognize the sound of a Kalashnikov being loaded.

I wonder if they thought he looked suspicious and followed him there?

What happened here really is the most amazing saving grace, in a way.

That two US Marines should be on vacation in Europe and step onto the same train as a terrorist, and be close enough when he visited the toilet to hear and recognize the sound of a Kalashnikov being loaded.

I wonder if they thought he looked suspicious and followed him there?

It really is amazing!

http://internacional.elpais.com/internacional/2015/08/21/actualidad/1440180926_977511.html

El Pais:

The assailant, who was arrested, is called Ayoub El Kahzzani and is a Moroccan of 26, on file by the secret services for his ties to radical Islam.

Sources from the Spanish counter-terrorism have reported that the young man, who appeared in their records as a radical, "took residence" in Spain for a year, until 2014, when he decided to move to France. These same sources said the attacker then traveled to Syria, from where he returned shortly after to the Gallic country [France] .

BBM

@FLeturque
https://twitter.com/FLeturque/status/634861069186531329
Frédéric Leturque, mayor of Arras:

Tribute to the American heroes who neutralized the shooter of the #Thalys diverted to #Arras #gratitude #respect

BBM

CM96vI8WcAAh4DT.jpg

I assume the mayor of Arrasis not handing out medals here and that this picture was taken on an earlier occasion.
Anyway, these are the two American heroes.

Still no word on whether the Brit was a civilian or Marine?

Running cameras and all .... looks like a French channel too.....

Did this happen in Arras tonight?
Very confusing, since one of the soldiers is supposed to be in hospital, fighting for his life.

But here they are again, same location from a different angle:

CM-G3tCWsAAuBUg.jpg

@FLeturque

Frédéric Leturque, mayor of Arras:

Tribute to the American heroes who neutralized the shooter of the #Thalys diverted to #Arras #gratitude #respect

BBM

View attachment 80366

I assume the mayor of Arrasis not handing out medals here and that this picture was taken on an earlier occasion.
Anyway, these are the two American heroes.

I am a little confused,I thought one of the Americans was injured with a stab to the neck.Are these the 2 Americans?Any info on the condition of the other hero?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back