FRANCE - Truck drives into crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, 2016 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A "drug fueled" radical Islamist makes about as much sense as a pacifist wielding a loaded machine gun.

Eeuh what? The jihadist of the Bataclan carnage injected themselves with drugs before the attack. Syringes were found in the apartment where they stayed the night before. Jihadis taking drugs is nothing new.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-24/captagon-the-drug-that-kept-the-paris-attackers-calm/6970464
It's been dubbed the "jihadist's drug" because of its ability to mask pain, fear and hunger, and keep fighters awake, calm and alert for long stretches.
Captagon — a synthetic amphetamine-based pill — is considered the drug of choice for Islamic State fighters in Syria, Iraq and, now it seems, Paris.
(...)
Several witnesses who survived the attacks have described the gunmen as being in a "zombie-like" state, as if stupefied by drugs.
"I saw a man shoot," one witness told French television station M6. "I saw a man who was peaceful, composed, with a face that was almost serene, contemplative, advance towards the bar. "He sprayed the terrace [with bullets] as anyone else would spray their lawn with a garden hose." "They were like zombies," said another witness who'd watched several gunmen parked in a black VW Polo outside a restaurant, shortly before the killings began. "It's as if they were drugged."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carmend...rug-of-choice-in-war-torn-syria/#d370da516978

Captagon is in the family of drugs known as amphetamines. These drugs are human-made but are chemically related to natural neurotransmitters like dopamine and epinephrine (aka adrenaline). When a person takes Captagon, their metabolism breaks the drug down to amphetamine itself, as well as to theophylline, a molecule that naturally occurs in small amounts in tea and that also has cardiac stimulating activity.

Amphetamine drugs stimulate the central nervous system, increasing alertness, boosting concentration and physical performance, and providing a feeling of well-being. In a BBC Arabic documentary that premiered earlier this fall, users described the intensity of a Captagon high to filmmakers in no uncertain terms: “I felt like I own the world, high,” one said. “Like I have power nobody has. A really nice feeling.” And another had this to say: “There was no fear anymore after I took Captagon.”
(...)
The huge black market for Captagon means big money for Syria- a major producer of the drug. As Reuters reports, it gives militants the physical energy to keep on fighting, while also giving the economy the fiscal energy it needs to keep war dragging on far longer than it otherwise would. If that’s not a vicious cycle, I don’t know what is.

they forgot this part.

Prosecutor: I specify, for the sake of clarity: some of the bodies found at the Bataclan were extremely mutilated by the explosions and weapons, to the point that it was sometimes difficult to reconstruct the dismembered bodies. In other words, injuries described this father may also have been caused by automatic weapons, by explosions or projections of nails and bolts that have resulted.

Q. Would those have put a man’s balls in in his own mouth?

Prosecutor: I do not have that information.

http://heatst.com/uk/exclusive-france-suppressed-news-of-gruesome-torture-at-bataclan-massacre/

Never ever believe snopes without doing your own research. They are a liberal site.

And, This about HeatStreet:

“Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. is planning to launch Heat Street, a libertarian website that will serve a right-of-center audience in the U.S. and the U.K. It will be led by Louise Mensch, a former Conservative Party Member of Parliament in the U.K, and Noah Kotch, a former TV producer for NBC and ABC.”

From: http://variety.com/2016/digital/global/news-corp-conservative-website-heat-street-1201708107/

And, this is a good article about Snopes and other similar 'fact-finding' websites:

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2012-09-28/story/fact-check-so-whos-checking-fact-finders-we-are#

OT

'Just taking a chance and posting here... I'm looking for a WS thread regarding "Newly Declassified 9/11 Commission documents". I can't seem to find it, and I'm hoping someone might help.

TIA!

Eeuh what? The jihadist of the Bataclan carnage injected themselves with drugs before the attack. Syringes were found in the apartment where they stayed the night before. Jihadis taking drugs is nothing new.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-24/captagon-the-drug-that-kept-the-paris-attackers-calm/6970464
It's been dubbed the "jihadist's drug" because of its ability to mask pain, fear and hunger, and keep fighters awake, calm and alert for long stretches.
Captagon — a synthetic amphetamine-based pill — is considered the drug of choice for Islamic State fighters in Syria, Iraq and, now it seems, Paris.
(...)
Several witnesses who survived the attacks have described the gunmen as being in a "zombie-like" state, as if stupefied by drugs.
"I saw a man shoot," one witness told French television station M6. "I saw a man who was peaceful, composed, with a face that was almost serene, contemplative, advance towards the bar. "He sprayed the terrace [with bullets] as anyone else would spray their lawn with a garden hose." "They were like zombies," said another witness who'd watched several gunmen parked in a black VW Polo outside a restaurant, shortly before the killings began. "It's as if they were drugged."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carmend...rug-of-choice-in-war-torn-syria/#d370da516978

Captagon is in the family of drugs known as amphetamines. These drugs are human-made but are chemically related to natural neurotransmitters like dopamine and epinephrine (aka adrenaline). When a person takes Captagon, their metabolism breaks the drug down to amphetamine itself, as well as to theophylline, a molecule that naturally occurs in small amounts in tea and that also has cardiac stimulating activity.

Amphetamine drugs stimulate the central nervous system, increasing alertness, boosting concentration and physical performance, and providing a feeling of well-being. In a BBC Arabic documentary that premiered earlier this fall, users described the intensity of a Captagon high to filmmakers in no uncertain terms: “I felt like I own the world, high,” one said. “Like I have power nobody has. A really nice feeling.” And another had this to say: “There was no fear anymore after I took Captagon.”
(...)
The huge black market for Captagon means big money for Syria- a major producer of the drug. As Reuters reports, it gives militants the physical energy to keep on fighting, while also giving the economy the fiscal energy it needs to keep war dragging on far longer than it otherwise would. If that’s not a vicious cycle, I don’t know what is.

If you're familiar with the rise of ISIS you know that the "founders" had a very difficult time finding any Muslim cleric willing to give any religious "legitimacy" to their philosophy or goals.

ISIS is, at its core, not about religious fundamentalism. Islam absolutely forbids drinking alcohol or taking drugs or smoking. That some ISIS terrorists take drugs before carrying out atrocities speaks to their cowardice as much as it does their desecration of the religion they profess to be "honoring."

OT

'Just taking a chance and posting here... I'm looking for a WS thread regarding "Newly Declassified 9/11 Commission documents". I can't seem to find it, and I'm hoping someone might help.

TIA!

Looked, but could not find although somewhere there was a post about it. Maybe someone else can find it, if not should a thread be started?

they forgot this part.

Prosecutor: I specify, for the sake of clarity: some of the bodies found at the Bataclan were extremely mutilated by the explosions and weapons, to the point that it was sometimes difficult to reconstruct the dismembered bodies. In other words, injuries described this father may also have been caused by automatic weapons, by explosions or projections of nails and bolts that have resulted.

Q. Would those have put a man’s balls in in his own mouth?

Prosecutor: I do not have that information.

http://heatst.com/uk/exclusive-france-suppressed-news-of-gruesome-torture-at-bataclan-massacre/

Never ever believe snopes without doing your own research. They are a liberal site.

The snopes article specifically addresses the Heat Street article

Attacker in Nice is said to have radicalized ‘very rapidly’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...27456e-4ab9-11e6-8dac-0c6e4accc5b1_story.html

NICE, France — The Islamic State on Saturday claimed responsibility for an attack that killed 84 in this coastal French city, the organization’s news agency said Saturday, as France’s top cop announced for the first time investigators believed the attacker had been “radicalized.”

It remains unclear whether the Islamic State directed the attack, was taking responsibility for an assault it inspired, or was simply seeking publicity from an event that it had no direct hand in.

“It seems” that the attacker, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, 31, “radicalized his views very rapidly. These are the first elements that our investigation has come up with through interviews with his acquaintances,” French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said Saturday, without offering further details. So far, five people have been detained for questioning in the case.

<BBM for Focus>

Latest al-Qaida Magazine Stokes Homegrown Terror

IPT News
October 12, 2010
http://www.investigativeproject.org/2343/al-qaeda-inspire-magazine-special-edition#

But the most disturbing sections come from someone identified as Yahya Ibrahim. In separate articles, he suggests ideas for terrorist attacks and offers advice on how to wage jihad without generating scrutiny from law enforcement or intelligence agencies.

The graphic for the article "The Ultimate Mowing Machine" is taken from a Ford F-150 advertisement showing a truck splashing through puddles as lightning strikes in the background. With the right tools and a little effort, the truck can be turned into a killing machine from a Wes Craven horror film.

"The idea is to use a pickup truck as a mowing machine, not to mow grass but mow down the enemies of Allah," Ibrahim writes
. "Maximum carnage" can be created by adding steel blades to the front grill of the truck and driving it at high speed into a crowd of pedestrians. The attacker can bring a gun to "finish off your work if your vehicle gets grounded during the attack."

Countries that support Israel or the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan can be targets. However, it's a suicide mission, so anyone carrying it out should be sure to leave behind a note explaining the motivation:

"You keep fighting until you achieve martyrdom. You start out your day in this world, and by the end of it, you are with Allah."

<snipped - read more>

Quote Originally Posted by fred&edna View Post
OT

TIA!

Looked, but could not find although somewhere there was a post about it. Maybe someone else can find it, if not should a thread be started?

Read the declassified files from 9/11 inquiry
<Go to FULL SCREEN to enlarge - 34 pages Total>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/15/read-declassified-files-from-911-inquiry.html

"A father has been left too traumatised to speak after he lost SIX members of his family in the Nice terror attack.

Christophe Lyon was on holiday with his wife, son, parents and parents-in-law when the atrocity happened.

The Républicain Lorrain newspaper said all six were killed after being hit by the 19-tonne lorry."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/dad-loses-six-members-family-8435174

I can't begin to imagine the suffering of this poor man life can be so tragically unfair.

And, This about HeatStreet:

&#8220;Rupert Murdoch&#8217;s News Corp. is planning to launch Heat Street, a libertarian website that will serve a right-of-center audience in the U.S. and the U.K. It will be led by Louise Mensch, a former Conservative Party Member of Parliament in the U.K, and Noah Kotch, a former TV producer for NBC and ABC.&#8221;

From: http://variety.com/2016/digital/global/news-corp-conservative-website-heat-street-1201708107/

And, this is a good article about Snopes and other similar 'fact-finding' websites:

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2012-09-28/story/fact-check-so-whos-checking-fact-finders-we-are#

Unlike Snopes, they linked the documents.

Unlike Snopes, they linked the documents.
Thanks. Not really here to argue with you about it. I was unfamiliar with "Heat Street" so I thought I would look it up and share my findings with you and anyone else who might be interested.

I am just reading about this now....I decided to put my phone away and get lost in the day, playing with my baby, my dog, watching bad tv with my brother, eating sushi with my husband. 80+ people who will never get to do any of those things. Children who will never grow up to have their own children. Parents who will never get to become grandparents. This has pushed me to a place I never thought I would be. By trade, I'm a research scientist, I crave answers, reasoning. I feel all that I know is that all that I know and find comfort in is no more. I am literally scared to read the news. My heart can't handle a small body, draped with cover, the life gone but little doll so near. It's becoming so hard to believe in the good, to have faith that we as humans can come together. Why? Why do some of the people of the world seem hellbent on seeing its demise? Are we so blind to all the beauty around us? The amazement in it all? Are we numb to the deep sense of moving love that arises within when watching a loved ones chest move up and down while they sleep, knowing they are safe and alive? What is wrong with us, what can fix this? I just want to hide from it all. I will pray, through salty tears rolling down my face for the world, for the people of France, while I haven't even finished praying for my city. Then I will say a prayer that my prayer gets where it's going. I feel like maybe the world is so eclipsed by an evil smog that my prayers become enveloped in, never reaching their destination. Sorry to ramble on, but I've spent a week crying in secret, so my little one doesn't worry about the tears that come for strangers. I'm just emotionally drained, so frightened for the world our children will one day be left alone to mend and I'm just sick to my stomach, and torn between never picking up my phone again or reading and watching everything there is to see on this sickening act as a sort of punishment. stay safe my friends, hold your loved ones tonight.

DogFace, thank YOU for this post. Well said. I completely agree.

Bastille Day killer suffered a nervous breakdown and saw psychologists 'for years' before leaving Tunisia for France
Terrorist Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, 31, used lorry to mow down Bastille Day revellers, killing at least 84 people
Sister said he had suffered 'psychological problems' and had received medical treatment for 'several years'
His cousin said Bouhlel, a father of three, had flouted every rule of Islam, beat his wife and took drugs
Police say terrorist's wife Hajer arrested and in custody as officers work on his motives and if he had accomplices

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ge-breakdown-deadly-attack.html#ixzz4Ec5G1uVw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Some heartbreaking pics.

The vice president of the Conference of Imams of France demands a European Islam

http://www.20minutes.fr/societe/189...ident-conference-imams-reclame-islam-europeen

Hocine Drouiche, vice president of the Conference of Imams of France, appealed on Saturday in Nice, to all the imams of France "to mobilize in order to reassure the French society and isolate ideas of terrorism and hatred."

"Jihadism wants to break the trust between Islam and the West, that's their goal. I therefore appeal to all Muslims and social leaders to assume their responsibilities. It is up to us to correct errors [leading to] extremism. We can not accept the import of Islam from Arab countries, we need a European Islam. Living Islam the way of Saudi Arabia, Morocco or Afghanistan, will only create conflicts in our French society, "he said.

Hocine Drouiche says he wants "an Islam that is French, an Islam that accepts the values of the Republic" that are "secularism, individual freedom, religious freedom, accepting the position of women, an Islam that is not aggressive and confrontational."

"This attack is a new chance for French Muslims to see the discomfort that is in process of deepening between Islam and French society. We can do nothing without a real and sincere commitment of leaders and Muslim citizens," he said.

"The French are fed up to hear Muslim leaders say every time that Islam is a religion of peace, we must act now. Otherwise it will place Muslims at a dangerous crossroads and one day, the French society will say: "choose your side." The social implosion is the purpose of extremists. "

Hocine Drouiche said he had come to Nice to visit the scene of the attack, to meet the wounded, the families of the victims, to present them his condolences and he wants to have contact or meet with the President of the Nice Côte d'Azur metropolis, Christian Estrosi .

This Friday in a Facebook post, he denounced the positions of his colleagues, and announced his resignation from his post.

BBM

The vice president of the Conference of Imams of France demands a European Islam

http://www.20minutes.fr/societe/189...ident-conference-imams-reclame-islam-europeen

Hocine Drouiche, vice president of the Conference of Imams of France, appealed on Saturday in Nice, to all the imams of France "to mobilize in order to reassure the French society and isolate ideas of terrorism and hatred."

"Jihadism wants to break the trust between Islam and the West, that's their goal. I therefore appeal to all Muslims and social leaders to assume their responsibilities. It is up to us to correct errors [leading to] extremism. We can not accept the import of Islam from Arab countries, we need a European Islam. Living Islam the way of Saudi Arabia, Morocco or Afghanistan, will only create conflicts in our French society, "he said.

Hocine Drouiche says he wants "an Islam that is French, an Islam that accepts the values of the Republic" that are "secularism, individual freedom, religious freedom, accepting the position of women, an Islam that is not aggressive and confrontational."

"This attack is a new chance for French Muslims to see the discomfort that is in process of deepening between Islam and French society. We can do nothing without a real and sincere commitment of leaders and Muslim citizens," he said.

"The French are fed up to hear Muslim leaders say every time that Islam is a religion of peace, we must act now. Otherwise it will place Muslims at a dangerous crossroads and one day, the French society will say: "choose your side." The social implosion is the purpose of extremists. "

Hocine Drouiche said he had come to Nice to visit the scene of the attack, to meet the wounded, the families of the victims, to present them his condolences and he wants to have contact or meet with the President of the Nice Côte d'Azur metropolis, Christian Estrosi .

This Friday in a Facebook post, he denounced the positions of his colleagues, and announced his resignation from his post.

BBM

BBM
His FB states that he is requesting the resignation of other Imams who do not assume their responsibility.

ETA: IMO This Imam is the real deal. He is outspoken against any violence and hatred. Not just after an attack. Everyday.
He meets with delegates from all over the world to facilitate peace.

It sounds like another lone wolf terrorist which to me are just as frightening as the ones who have contacted Islamic terrorist group, imo. We are seeing more and more cases where the terrorist do not have communication with terrorist organizations but eat up all of their propaganda which incites them to do what this awful terrorist has done. This way is becoming the often MO now. That way no chatter can be picked up by the CIA and FBI between the lone wolf and Isis, etc. That is why these lone wolf attacks have been so successful. There is no way for the law enforcement agencies to even pick up on their ideology before they strike right out of the blue with no warning.

In the coming days I think once they look at all of his computers and other technological devises we will learn much more about this terrorist. Imo, he was self radicalized which is happening quite a lot now.:( One doesn't have to go to a Mosque or even obey the Islamic laws anymore than a Christian extremist has to attend church or adhere to what God expects them to do. .

Right. It seems like it can go from "Trained along with ISIS in Syria" to "Watched a couple youtube videos" and might have absolutely nothing to do with any religious affiliation or practices so using the word "link" is almost meaningless without qualifiers.

Snip

Bouhlel, 31, made a chirpy phone call home before sending brother Jaber a snap of himself posing with pals in the French resort at 4pm.

At 10.30pm the Tunisian, who was on medication to control his rages and said to suffer severe psychotic attacks, drove a 19-tonne articulated lorry through crowds watching a fireworks display on the Promenade des Anglais, and was shot dead by police.

Brother Jaber Bouhlel, 19, said: &#8220;He sent a selfie and told me he was happy and everything in his life was normal.

Lots more at link. Pics of the .
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bastille-day-terrorists-last-words-8436411

BBM
His FB states that he is requesting the resignation of other Imams who do not assume their responsibility.

ETA: IMO This Imam is the real deal. He is outspoken against any violence and hatred. Not just after an attack. Everyday.
He meets with delegates from all over the world to facilitate peace.

BBM

No he doesn't. He says HE will resign.

Translation of FB post:

https://www.facebook.com/hocine.drouichei/posts/10205254467801221

THE CARNAGE OF NICE: WHERE ARE WE GOING? it is confirmed in Nice that it is another terrorist attack. the list does not stop! I hope the imams of France will step out of their negative reserve and I especially hope they do not speak in their Friday sermons today on issues that have nothing to do with the attack .their role is primordial in the fight against hatred and religious fundamentalism. For me, before leaving with a delegation of imams to Nice, my preaching will be a set of sadness and anger against extremism and extremists but also against Muslim institutions in France that are content with the role of spectators! I declare my resignation and my rejection of these incompetent institutions that do nothing for social peace and keep repeating that extremism does not exist because it is the media that creates that!! True, it's bfm tv, tf1 and iTele that carried out the barbaric carnage in Nice !! Islam is innocent but it takes brave men to prove this because it is very difficult today to differentiate between Islam as a religion and Islamism as an ideology.

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back