FRANCE - Truck drives into crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, 2016 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.news.com.au/travel/world...e/news-story/885b95082baad2883ecab97ce5b9c45d
Recent terror attacks in France are doing the country more damage than we can see

IN THE wake of the atrocity that killed more than 80 people in Nice on Bastille Day, a map appeared highlighting the areas in France where Australians needed to exercise a high degree of caution when travelling.

Every single part of the map was highlighted.

de3d3784ec8ea128a6f60242dfb8222a.jpg
The terrorist attacks that have struck the land of liberté, egalité and fraternité have been catastrophic in the human toll of loss of life. Then there are the injuries they’ve caused and the families they’ve torn apart.

But just as that yellow map shows, there’s another incredibly sad danger that France faces.

The fact is the spate of callous attacks has more than likely warned people from overseas off planning their next holiday there, applying to study there or deciding to live there. At a guess, I’d say people will still book their romantic luxury hotel-filled stays in Paris, but it’s the rest of the country that will suffer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ruck-driver-who-killed-84-named-as-loner-fre/
French authorities withdrew police vans blocking off the promenade in Nice just hours before a 19-ton truck crushed at least 84 people to death in an Islamist terrorist attack, it emerged last night.

The disclosure raises serious questions over the security for the 30,000 people who had gathered on the Promenade des Anglais for the Bastille Day fireworks.

Just 60 officers were on duty, despite France being on heightened alert and concern that Nice was a likely target for attack because of the large number of jihadists from the city who had already travelled to Syria.
Four police vans that had blocked off the Promenade des Anglais to protect a military parade earlier in the day were removed before the attack on Thursday, according to eyewitnesses.
French Prime Minister warns terrorism will be part of French daily life for a long time

Manuel Valls, the French Prime Minister, has warned the country that it will have to live with the constant threat of terrorism for a long time.

Interviewed by Journal du dimanche, Mr Valls painted a gloomy picture of the the future.

“The terrorism threat is will be a fundamental and enduring problem and other lives will be wrecked,” he said.

“One could refuse to face facts, we could forget, move on. But I must tell the truth to the French people, terrorism will be part of our daily lives for a long time.”

BBM

No he doesn't. He says HE will resign.

Translation of FB post:

https://www.facebook.com/hocine.drouichei/posts/10205254467801221

THE CARNAGE OF NICE: WHERE ARE WE GOING? it is confirmed in Nice that it is another terrorist attack. the list does not stop! I hope the imams of France will step out of their negative reserve and I especially hope they do not speak in their Friday sermons today on issues that have nothing to do with the attack .their role is primordial in the fight against hatred and religious fundamentalism. For me, before leaving with a delegation of imams to Nice, my preaching will be a set of sadness and anger against extremism and extremists but also against Muslim institutions in France that are content with the role of spectators! I declare my resignation and my rejection of these incompetent institutions that do nothing for social peace and keep repeating that extremism does not exist because it is the media that creates that!! True, it's bfm tv, tf1 and iTele that carried out the barbaric carnage in Nice !! Islam is innocent but it takes brave men to prove this because it is very difficult today to differentiate between Islam as a religion and Islamism as an ideology.

BBM

Are you or my brothers Muslim leaders? A day full of meetings has nice with the families of the victims, speeches, speeches and palestinianreconciliation peace but also of condemnation of the shameful immobility of several Muslim leaders. I asked clearly their resignation because they can't assume their historic responsibility in a very difficult and define that our country is going through.

[Modnote: ^^ translation from:]
https://www.facebook.com/hocine.drouichei

Snip

Bouhlel, 31, made a chirpy phone call home before sending brother Jaber a snap of himself posing with pals in the French resort at 4pm.

At 10.30pm the Tunisian, who was on medication to control his rages and said to suffer severe psychotic attacks, drove a 19-tonne articulated lorry through crowds watching a fireworks display on the Promenade des Anglais, and was shot dead by police.

Brother Jaber Bouhlel, 19, said: “He sent a selfie and told me he was happy and everything in his life was normal.

Lots more at link. Pics of the .
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bastille-day-terrorists-last-words-8436411

RBBM

Did anyone notice the picture of his brother? 😮😮

RBBM:
I agree, and it saddens me to see this happening again, anywhere in the world. We know what that pain is like, as a nation. We share this grief, on a global scale, once more.

I counted 21 images of people (most of them appeared to be young) that were described as missing - in the DM slideshow [emoji174]

The article mentioned a Twitter page (SOSNice) that had been created to help families reunite them with their families. I ran a query and found that the actual Twitter page is
twitter.com/sosnice14076
The last tweet posted was 7/14.

Within their feed their are retweets from:
twitter.com/@NICEFINDPEOPLE
(This page is even more active, their last post was within the last few hours).

The tweets are in French, but the pain I feel when I view them is universal.

:tears:
It is absolutely heartbreaking!
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're just looking at those Twitter feeds and not reading the French I wanted to make sure you know that when you see the word retrouvée - that person has been located and is alive - I think the direct translation is only 'found' but it's always been a positive 'found' so far - I'm not sure in regards to injuries (though some have mentioned they're 'well') but they're alive. There are pockets of good news in there. Most of the recent ones are still 'no news' but if you scroll through some of the retweets you'll find some faces of people who have since been located alive.

His uncle lives in Italy and it was said he knows the area. There is also a male student missing from Canada. I just can't figure out what happened to them both.

Hmm, yes, so unless he's really confused he would have found his way home by now. Is the Canadian Mykhaylo (Misha) Bazelevskyy? He seems to have last been seen on the Promenade I think, sadly.

This is the definition of true love what a tragedy. I can't imagine how this Lady must be feeling the distress is unimaginable. I hope and pray their baby is born healthy.

It is baffling what has happened to Nick Leslie if he was genuinely seen 10 minutes from the site of this tragedy. I feel so sad for the young child severely injured in hospital with no loved ones to visit them too.

The article suggested he had used Snapchat at a location 10 minutes from the site - no mention of what the Snapchat consisted of.

I wondered if he actually was injured and was "propelled" by adrenaline until a point. It seems like the other options are that somebody else had his phone - and perhaps mistaken identity of seeing him leave or that something unrelated happened. Odd.

Yes, so sad for the kids who are alone.

RBBM

Did anyone notice the picture of his brother? ����

Yes......but (without starting an argument) I've also seen photos of young Americans with guns that seemed odd to me but which were most likely innocent (for comparison). We don't really know anything about the brother do we?

Hmm, yes, so unless he's really confused he would have found his way home by now. Is the Canadian Mykhaylo (Misha) Bazelevskyy? He seems to have last been seen on the Promenade I think, sadly.

The article suggested he had used Snapchat at a location 10 minutes from the site - no mention of what the Snapchat consisted of.

I wondered if he actually was injured and was "propelled" by adrenaline until a point. It seems like the other options are that somebody else had his phone - and perhaps mistaken identity of seeing him leave or that something unrelated happened. Odd.

Yes, so sad for the kids who are alone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...d-84-named-as-loner-fre/#update-20160717-0333

The French health ministry has said there are still 121 people being treated in hospital after the terror attack.

They include five children and 21 adults who are still in a critical condition. At least 16 bodies have still to be identified, the health authorities added.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ruck-driver-who-killed-84-named-as-loner-fre/

The French interior minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, said the attacker "appears to have become radicalised very quickly" as one neighbour of his estranged wife added: "Mohamed only started visiting a mosque in April."

Investigators examining Bouhlel’s phone records found evidence that he was in contact with known Islamic radicals.

However, an intelligence source cautioned: “That could just be a coincidence, given the neighbourhood where he lived. Everyone knows everyone there. He seems to have known people who knew Omar Diaby (a known local Islamist believed to be linked with the Al Nusra group close to Al Qaeda)."

Attack in Nice: Two arrested day after ISIS claims truck attack in Nice

By Susannah Cullinane and Margot Haddad, CNN
Updated 4:50 AM ET, Sun July 17, 2016

Nice, France (CNN) — French authorities arrested a man and a woman Sunday in the terror attack that killed 84 people in Nice last week, a prosecutor said.

[...]

Agnes Thibault Lecuivre, a spokeswoman for the anti-terrorism prosecutor, confirmed the arrests, but did not provide details on their connection to the terror attack. [...]

full article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/europe/france-attack-on-nice-arrests/index.html

Well that is not working, is it? I translated the article plus the open post on FB that this article is linking to.
You translate a different posting as far as I can see.
I am not on FB and the link that you post leads to his general page, without any postings at all.
FYI FB is locked for those who are not on it.

Let's unconfuse.

:coffeews:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...lice-vans-blocking-promenade-withdrawn-hour1/

Police are trying to piece together Bouhlel’s terror network as they questioned five suspected associates after raids across Nice.

The French interior minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, said the attacker “appears to have become radicalised very quickly”. One neighbour of his estranged wife said: “Mohamed only started visiting a mosque in April.”

Bouhlel, who had a history of violence and mental health problems, had walked into a van rental office and said: “I want the heaviest truck you have.” He had also sent £82,000 to his family in Tunisia, suggesting a well planned suicide mission.

BBM

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/so...les-cinq-personnes-gardees-a-vue_1813031.html

Overwhelming evidence

The testimonies of the surroundings of the killer, unknown by the intelligence services, corroborate the trail of a late and dramatic radicalization. According to statements by four of the seven arrested, published by iTV, Lahouiaej Bouhlel had engaged in "radical and virulent" conduct in recent days, he had stopped drinking alcohol and spoke as he had never done before about the Islamic State (IS) in his speeches. This would explain why the group claimed the attack in Nice in a statement.

The analysis of his computer and telephone also shows that the terrorist was in contact with individuals themselves linked to radical Islamists, but we do not know if they are part of those in custody.
A common contact with Omar Omsen, figure of the jihad in Nice, has been discovered, according to Le Monde. This does not mean, however, for the moment, that the Tunisian was directly in contact with him.

BBM

A man and women were detained Sunday morning in Nice, the AP, Reuters and Agence France Presse reported, all citing an unnamed official from the Paris prosecutor's office. Neither suspect was identified.

The latest arrests make a total of seven suspects in police custody since the deadly Bastille Day attack.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...e-arrested-nice-france-truck-attack/87216450/

The site is also becoming a platform for anger at the attacker. Pained and outraged epitaphs are now written in blue maker on stones placed where police shot him dead.

A woman with a potted plant asked if she could put flowers there, unaware of the significance of the spot. A man standing nearby said “Never here.” An argument ensued, with other passers-by saying that his family deserved respect.

“Are you defending him?” the man said, incredulously.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160717-new-arrests-nice-truck-attack

The Tunisian man who drove his lorry into crowds of people in Nice researched the route in the days before the attack, French media reported.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36818719

The reports say Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel drove through the seafront promenade area of the French city on Tuesday and Wednesday in preparation.

Europe 1 radio said CCTV footage from the days beforehand showed him driving through the area in the lorry, closely observing the scene.

Evidently not a lone wolf.

I never believed that. It may take a while to figure it out, but so far all lone wolves in France have turned out to be part of networks.

Another example here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...amp-wife-13-June-2016&p=12646334#post12646334

The situation in Europe is far more dangerous than many would care to admit, and terrorism is increasing rapidly.
Once the Islamic State is 'defeated' many well trained jihadists will return home and our stupid politicians will let them in.

There will be blood, a lot of blood.

Well that is not working, is it? I translated the article plus the open post on FB that this article is linking to.
You translate a different posting as far as I can see.
I am not on FB and the link that you post leads to his general page, without any postings at all.
FYI FB is locked for those who are not on it.

Let's unconfuse.

:coffeews:

LOL!
I didn't mean that he, himself, was not resigning. No arguing with your translation.
However, on his FB (in English), he is requesting the resignation of other Muslim leaders who have acted
Irresponsibly.

"This is the first picture of a little boy who is believed to have been left orphaned after his family were caught up in the terror attack in Nice on Bastille Day.

The tragic youngster, who has been named locally as eight-year-old Denis Coman, was left in a coma after being hit by the lorry during the ISIS terrorist's terrifying rampage on Thursday night.

But his parents - named in reports as Adriana, 28, and 34-year-old Cristian Coman, originally from Romania - are feared dead as authorities claim they are still missing ."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/nice-terror-attack-first-picture-8437185

I feel so sad for Denis I'm so glad family are on their way the thought of him alone in hospital is heartbreaking.

Is there some kind of victims compensation fund in France for crimes like this? I know there is one in the UK.

Thank you for all your updates and discussion posts they are all appreciated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back