Friday With Nancy.. NG Friday Sept 5, 2008 8PM EST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I liked the guy from day one!
Have no idea why.....I just watched his eyes I guess.
Have always felt he had something really going on.
Now off to watch Greta.

Normally if I look something up it's at the same time I'm posting here about a case so there'd be an easy explanation! :)

Good point. I'm regretting all those e-mails I said he'd make good fertilizer though lol j/k...well kinda.;)

I liked the guy from day one!
Have no idea why.....I just watched his eyes I guess.
Have always felt he had something really going on.
Now off to watch Greta.
Greta's on politics right now.

I agree. BH's have to be pretty good investigators, and putting 2 and 2 together. I also believe that his only motive right now is finding Caylee. If he was willing to put up $50,000 to get Casey out hoping she would talk, and now willing to put up another $50,000 if someone will lead him to the body, then he can't be all bad!!

yep, im taking back all the negative things i said about him

i apoligize to him

but i reserve the right to continue the way i was if new evidence should come up :D:laugh:

Yes in the 400 page document it was from the tow yard section.

Okay, so if there was chlorform in the trunk, was it in a state of vaporization and not as lethal as it would have been a few weeks earlier? How long does it stay toxic? Is it possible that microscopically it can be detected, but not at a level after this period of time to kill maggots and flies?

Just my mind wandering....

formaldehyde is what is used in Bio classes in High School.

The average carpet cleaner or spot cleaner is something I haven’t had time to look at but what strikes me is if GA attempted to clean the car out then why did he have it the gargage. He would have had it outside in the air, #1 to breath himself while cleaning it and #2 to let the car air out afterward. LA reported to LE that when he arrived at the house after GA called him and asked him to go to the house because his mother was upset he said the his sister [Casey] car was in the garage and shortly after he arrived his mother and sister arrived. They had been arguing. [Sorry I don't have the doc page handy.]

I found this about degreasing machines that are used in industry. Parts cleaners etc.
Common compounds of concern in degreasing fluids are: Methylene chloride, Perchloroethylene, Trichloroethylene, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, Carbon tetrachloride, and Chloroform.
www.fedcenter.gov/assistance/facilitytour/vehicle/degreasers/

Methyl Chloroform http://oehha.ca.gov/air/chronic_rels/pdf/71556.pdf

Air Toxic Website See under Physical Properties http://www.epa.gov/ttn/atw/hlthef/trichlor.html

I will have to call my mechanic and ask him if he has a parts degreaser in his shop and would this be something common in the auto industry or only in big places like shops who rebuild engines or work on big rigs.

Okay, so if there was chlorform in the trunk, was it in a state of vaporization and not as lethal as it would have been a few weeks earlier? How long does it stay toxic? Is it possible that microscopically it can be detected, but not at a level after this period of time to kill maggots and flies?

Yeah but NG said that the air and trunk were saturated with high levels only way it could be done is if they cleaned the car after being picked up. IMO

formaldehyde is what is used in Bio classes in High School.

The average carpet cleaner or spot cleaner is something I haven’t had time to look at but what strikes me is if GA attempted to clean the car out then why did he have it the gargage. He would have had it outside in the air, #1 to breath himself while cleaning it and #2 to let the car air out afterward. LA reported to LE that when he arrived at the house after GA called him and asked him to go to the house because his mother was upset he said the his sister [Casey] car was in the garage and shortly after he arrived his mother and sister arrived. They had been arguing. [Sorry I don't have the doc page handy.]

I found this about degreasing machines that are used in industry. Parts cleaners etc.
Common compounds of concern in degreasing fluids are: Methylene chloride, Perchloroethylene, Trichloroethylene, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, Carbon tetrachloride, and Chloroform.
www.fedcenter.gov/assistance/facilitytour/vehicle/degreasers/

Methyl Chloroform http://oehha.ca.gov/air/chronic_rels/pdf/71556.pdf

Air Toxic Website See under Physical Properties http://www.epa.gov/ttn/atw/hlthef/trichlor.html

I will have to call my mechanic and ask him if he has a parts degreaser in his shop and would this be something common in the auto industry or only in big places like shops who rebuild engines or work on big rigs.

If I had a background in LE and I was cleaning the decomp from my daughter's car, I would not do it in the driveway. JMO

This is what bothers me about the chloroform. If it was used to put on a rag to put Caylee to sleep, how would that still be in the air of the trunk to a saturated level? It just seems to make more sense that it was used to soak and clean the carpet in the trunk for it to be in such high levels in the air of the trunk. There's also my thought that George didn't smell it then, or had no effect on him because it wasn't there yet. :eek:

Now, someone say something to debunk my thoughts so this can make more sense, please? :crazy:

Who orders and keeps chloroform around to clean with?

Or googles chloroform sites for household cleaning tips?

Fridays with Nancy and my friends at WS have become the hilight of my weekend these days. I hope this case breaks soon so I can go back to having an actual life. But as it were, I am happy to let our fine Nancy Grace wear something shiney and yell at people that mostly deserve it in this case.

Cheers, see you at 8.

Blink

I like her Southernisms. "THAT'S putting perfume on the pig!"

Originally Posted by fixingtoburst
Wait. KC worked for Kodak at one point, right? And chloroform is used in photography.

Originally Posted by Tate
Hey! You might just have something there, if she actually worked at Kodak! Does anyone know? (Don't let Cindy read this!)

Photography is one of her hobbies..

Chloroform is primarily used in the production of refrigerants (e.g. chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)-22, fluorocarbon-22), in the production of plastics (especially vinyl chloride) and in the manufacture of other chemicals. Chloroform is used as an extraction solvent for fats, oils, greases, rubber, waxes, gutta-percha, resins, lacquers, floor polishes, artificial silk manufacture, gums and adhesives. It is utilised as an industrial solvent in the extraction and purification of some antibiotics, alkaloids, vitamins and flavours. It is used as a solvent in organic chemistry, in photography and in making dyes, drugs and pesticides. Other uses are as a dry cleaning agent to remove spots, as a fumigant and in fire extinguishers to lower the freezing temperature of carbon tetrachloride. Chloroform formulated with other ingredients is used to control screw worm in animals. Chloroform is steadily being replaced by less toxic solvents and may no longer be used in some of these applications. Its use as an inhaled anaesthetic during surgery has already been largely discontinued.

Well, per NG, it looks like Cindy and George bailed out KC.

Very good questions! Considering the heat that would accumulate in the trunk of the car while it was parked at the tow yard, I think it might be possible, but I'm not a scientist either!

If I had a background in LE and I was cleaning the decomp from my daughter's car, I would not do it in the driveway. JMO

And someone who has been in LE would know that the chances of fooling CSI tech would be slim to none. I just can't see him doing something that stupid. Casey is another story.

Just my opinion. There is so much we don't know.

And someone who has been in LE would know that the chances of fooling CSI tech would be slim to none. I just can't see him doing something that stupid. Casey is another story.

Just my opinion. There is so much we don't know.
I agree. I don't think he'd do that, but on the other hand, Cindy washed the pants and the knife that was found in the car.

Hey good one. I just thought of the same thing. How would the maggots and flies survive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha
Back