GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. After the witness answers questions on direct the the prosecutor then says "OK" almost every time before asking her next question. It's super annoying. Someone needs to tell her to stop!!! Ugh. I can barely listen anymore. Rant over.

Now I can't unhear it!

uggh, she is doing a good job getting to the nuts and bolts of Roddy's initial statements that day but that "okay" after every answer by the witness is indeed super annoying.

She really needs to work on that particular verbal tic. Very distracting. Someone is counting how many times she says OK and not listening to what actually is being said.

moo

ebm clarity

She really needs to work on that particular verbal tic. Very distracting. Someone is counting how many times she says OK and not listening to what actually is being said.

moo

ebm clarity
I also find it inappropriate -- it's as if she's agreeing or happy with what the witness said. Makes it all sound so rehearsed as well. JMO.

lunch break
I’m focusing on what devastating testimony this is, from this PO. I’m appalled, and feel grief for Ahmaud’s family, friends and supporters, praying for justice. I’m very impressed by the female prosecutors, LD and LO. I know it’s early in the trial, I see enough, to know Amaud, was literally running for his life, while being hunted down. MOO

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
4h
Day 2 in the trial for the 3 men charged with killing #AhmaudArbery begins around 9am ET.

Crime scene investigator is on the stand going over photos from the crime scene. Here is Travis McMichael's rifle used to shoot and kill #AhmaudArbery.

Gun.jpg

According to the reporters in the courtroom (limited amount of us can be inside due to COVID) there doesn’t appear to be a reaction from the jury when looking at photos of #AhmaudArbery’s body, the shoot gun shells or blood on the ground. Unlike when they watched the video Friday

Officer Ramos now explaining “chain of custody” to the jurors as evidence is displayed. According to Pool Reporters, #LeighMcMichael the wife of #GregoryMcMichael is in the court room, just looking straight ahead

Crime scene photos: A bullet went through the window of the house near where Arbery was shot.

bullet.jpg

Brian Buckmire getting ready for his live shot this morning at the trial of the 3 men charged in the death of #AhmaudArbery. (The shades came off before we went live.)

Ricky Minshew, an Officer of the Glynn County Patrol Unit, takes the stand on direct as the Prosecution leads him in direct examination

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

New person tweeting on trial

Brian G. Buckmire
@BuckEsq
·
3h
First witness of the day for the Prosecution is Officer Sheila Ramos. The Prosecution is moving into evidence photos of of the crime scene through this officer. These are photos of the day of #AhmaudArbery’s death

More technical difficulties in displaying evidence to witnesses in the trial… causing short delays “the joy of technology, is it seems really cool and fancy. But some times it may be better to use paper” Judge Walmsley to the jury.

At the suggestion of the judge the Prosecution is showing paper copies of the exhibits. Most of the photos have been about “blood,” “wading” and “shot gun shells” and where they were located

Officer Ramos now explaining “chain of custody” to the jurors as evidence is displayed. According to Pool Reporters, #LeighMcMichael the wife of #GregoryMcMichael is in the court room, just looking straight ahead

States Exhibit 332… the shot gun collected from the seen by Officer Ramos is brought into evidence. There were four unshot shells in the shot gun and one fired in the chamber when the shotgun was collected. It is a 12 gauge Remington pump action shot gun. Moved into evidence

State presenting evidence of one of the shots, likely the second shot that missed #AhmaudArbery, hitting a home (widows and walls) on Satilla Drive

Officer Ramos explains that #AhmaudArbery didn’t have anything on his… the defense is going to begin cross examination after a 15 mins break

Jason Sheffield, one defense attorney for #TravisMcMichael, is cross examining Officer Ramos about where she did and didn’t take photos in the case

Sheffield laying the groundwork, that nothing was in #AhmaudArbery’s pocket when the officers searched his body, they didn’t look to collect items that may have come from #Ahmaud Sheffield is also questioning the officer that many of the homes didn’t have fences blocking a person

Sheffield got out of the witness that #TravisMcMichael was distraught after the shooting. That Officer Ramos even asked, “are you okay” and Travis said “I’m just trying to figure this out”

#KevinGough, attorney for #WilliamBryan, now questioning Officer Ramos about the videos that were and we’re not collected. Sounds that #Bryan’s video was not collected

Ricky Minshew, an Officer of the Glynn County Patrol Unit, takes the stand on direct as the Prosecution leads him in direct examination

Ricky Minshew saw he hears two pops “a few seconds from each other.” Minshew was the first officer officer on the scene, he was waved down by “two White males.” He “observed a Black male on the ground covered in blood.” “Both White males were pacing back and forth”

Minshew says that #AhmaudArbery was covered in blood. Face down on his stomach, “blood exceeded the perimeter of his body”… Minshew describes hearing a “death rattle” coming from #Arbery … Minshew did not attempt CPR. He was the only officer so couldn’t give medical attention

Minshew saw the shotgun, with a “significant amount of blood on it” on a grassy lawn. Also saw a silver revolver on the passenger seat of the Ford F-150. Officer Duggan was the second officer to arrive, he gave medical attention to #AhmaudArbery … Minshew set up crime scene tape

Minshew being shown photos that he took when he was the only officer on the scene, “preserving the scene integrity” … jury is seeing multiple photos of “Mr Ahmaud Arbery body laying in the center do the road. The McMichaels ins the background and the gun in the grass”

Mishew, the first offer who was at the scene, is giving the statements of #WlliamBryan when he first got to the scene. #Bryan asked “you got them” to the #McMichaels but didn’t ask “the Black guy” “if he was okay”

#WilliamBryan said that he blocked #Ahmaud “five times.” #Bryan said “should I have been chasing him, I don’t know.” Bryan drove on the wrong side of the road and without a seatbelt. #Bryan said he “felt like he was going to be thrown through the window chasing this joker”

link: https://twitter.com/BuckEsq

I'm having the same thoughts, especially after some of the Bubba comments by the defense. My thoughts are still that the defendants do not think they did anything wrong at all. Never have, never will.

MOO
I hated clicking “like” on your comment (wish we could go back to a “thanks” button) but I agree with you. These men are proud of what they did.

Deleted by me.

Defense trying to get witness to say that poor Travis was traumatized.

witness refuses to say that Travis appeared traumatized. Saw him pacing. that is the extent the witness will give them:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Roddy stated in bodycam footage on five separate occasions that he had attempted to block AA's attempts to avoid the men.

Mr. Brian said in terms of his involvement: He said I mean this would have never happened you know? Should I have been chasing him? I don't know.

Brian's comments about AA trying to get into his truck: One time, when I cornered him up over here he tried to get in my truck, he tried to get in my door.

EMPHASIS by me.

I might have missed it because I was dealing with something else, but why was the body cam footage not being shown?

I usually try to have a tiny bit of compassion for defense attorneys. They have a tough job. After reading the article, I’m not even going to try to find that little bit.

I never have compassion for defense attorneys, and even less in this case-- this case involves defendants who not only have no remorse for what they did, but actually
feel it was the right thing to do- the attorneys who represent them are defending
the indefensible with a lot smoke and mirrors--- they make me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member