GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrelevant witness.
Agree, except to prove the McMichaels and Brian were amped up while other neighbors really weren't. That's what I'm getting from it.

There is a difference between talking about the crimes and going and stopping the crime. I would have asked Clark if she ran out there and tried to hold the car thieves for the police. It wasn't asked, so if I was a juror, I'd just have that thought in my mind.

Veronica Waters
@MissVWaters
·
10m
Back from lunch, Judge denies mistrial motion over ADA Ollivierre comment. He will tell jury the State was admonished and to disregard the question. Now they're talking about admitting FB posts which "informed" the defendants.

Laura Hogue says the State's been arguing that the defendants are exaggerating neighbors' crime concerns. She says the only way to respond is to say "Let me tell you what my neighbor was worried about." That may help the jury.

Hogue2.jpg

Judge says let's get the panel. Kevin Gough says, somebody in the foyer was wearing a Black Lives Matter mask. Bringing it to Court's attention for the record.

Judge reads instruction to jury. Defense calls Cindy Clark, a Satilla Shores neighbor. She says she was aware of petty crime in neighborhood, and yes, she heard of cars being broken into, guns stolen, people walking around at night.

Clark.jpg

Clark & husband took precautions, making sure to lock doors. Sometimes talked w/neighbors about it. She says from 2006 on, they heard of things happening here & there. Sheffield asks if she thinks it's a good thing for neighbors to look out for each other.

Clark's a member of the neighborhood FB page. Did she use it to inform herself of crime? She says maybe she posted about it once or twice. She never witnessed a crime. She said she was aware of two guys being at neighbor's car and one being scared off

Double.jpg

The other guy was left behind. 2-3AM. Woke us up. Saw a car broke down and people walking into neighborhood and called 911--they weren't walking away from vehicle for help, they were walking to neighborhood. Turned out to be stolen car. She's a gun owner.

State asks: Incident with 2 guys at neighbor car--further back than 2018? Yes. Broken down Florida stolen car? Clark guesses that was 2016. Clark doesn't know the McMichaels. She's met Roddie Bryan once.

link: https://twitter.com/MissVWaters

this witness was adorable just now. When you and your husband purchased cameras, did you install them - answer Oh no, (as if?) my husband did.

such a me answer.

Didn't & don't find her the slightest bit endearing, personally. Husband as protector of fragile wife & as lord of the home is an alien concept right here.

Adding, the 40" home screen playing multiple security videos 24/7 is just downright creepy, imo.

weren't you afraid when you r husband would go check things out when you saw things on the camera?

her answer, I mean it could be but I trust my husband's judgment.

Wish we could ask if she trusted neighbor TM's judgment - knowing what we now know about that day and his behavior.

A lawyer in the Arbery death trial tried to keep Black pastors out of court. So more than 100 will show up today
Dozens of Black pastors rally outside courthouse as Travis McMichael returns to stand
Black pastors rally outside trial over Arbery's killing

Judge Walmsley warned the attorneys their own statements may have lured some high-profile figures to the courthouse.

"I will say that is directly in response, Mr. Gough, to statements you made, which I find reprehensible," the judge said.

upload_2021-11-18_13-47-3.png
Ahmaud-Arbery-trial-Lawyer-apologizes-for-%E2%80%98black-pastors-comment-758x505.jpg

0c8834ce64f31fe196ab517dfb25d731

1200x0.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads