GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
dang it, I had a client signing appointment and missed most of her testimony after the camera install bit. Will try to catch up via tweets.

Agreed, IMO a gun was not needed to "keep an eye" on a person until the police arrived. It was a very bad decision on the M's part.

Nah, not a bad decision in his eyes when you realise that killing Ahmaud was an acceptable outcome from the get-go. He didn’t want to keep an eye on him nor was he waiting for the police to arrive. He took matters into his own hands from beginning to end, and everything else are just excuses and fairy tales

I hope they call Diego.
I wonder why she thought the McMichaels might have shot him

(Good question about the MMs). I really hope they call DP too, but suspect that they might not & are using his wife instead to get the same info in (2/11, boat theft, crime in the neighborhood, etc.).

It's very interesting to hear DP felt used by English? That he believed E was also calling police, not just using Perez as his own (free) security cop? Though, since Perez offered to be exactly that, why the complaint?

(Good question about the MMs). I really hope they call DP too, but suspect that they might not & are using his wife instead to get the same info in (2/11, boat theft, crime in the neighborhood, etc.).

It's very interesting to hear DP felt used by English? That he believed E was also calling police, not just using Perez as his own (free) security cop? Though, since Perez offered to be exactly that, why the complaint?

I think he kept leaving the house to get away from his wife

upload_2021-11-18_14-22-0.jpeg

https://twitter.com/MissVWaters/status/1461410716557131789?s=20

Given how many peeps in SS routinely carried concealed weapons & how jumpy & quick to judgement they seemed to be, it seems a wonder they never had a mass accidental shoot out of one another.....

It’s bizarre to me. These people seem to not have anything better to do other than rile themselves up about practically non existent crime and behave like they’re under attack. All the fb posting and screens with cctv at home seems like a few steps too far for me, and I don’t think it’s healthy.

Sometimes it just seems like people are waiting and hoping for an opportunity to shoot someone in self defence…

A lawyer in the Arbery death trial tried to keep Black pastors out of court. So more than 100 will show up today
Dozens of Black pastors rally outside courthouse as Travis McMichael returns to stand
Black pastors rally outside trial over Arbery's killing

Judge Walmsley warned the attorneys their own statements may have lured some high-profile figures to the courthouse.

"I will say that is directly in response, Mr. Gough, to statements you made, which I find reprehensible," the judge said.

View attachment 322736
Ahmaud-Arbery-trial-Lawyer-apologizes-for-%E2%80%98black-pastors-comment-758x505.jpg

0c8834ce64f31fe196ab517dfb25d731

1200x0.jpg
I don’t think he’s helping his case at all by constantly pointing out who is in the gallery and fussing about what people outside the courtroom are wearing. He is only making it worse, IMO.

I don’t think he’s helping his case at all by constantly pointing out who is in the gallery and fussing about what people outside the courtroom are wearing. He is only making it worse, IMO.

Well, like the judge said, he is the one not only drawing attention to it but drawing more people to the courthouse. The 100 black pastors and some of the others protesting are from his remarks.

Seems desperate for a mistrial. Why? They will retry it.

Veronica Waters
@MissVWaters
·
46s
Brook Perez takes the stand. She's married to Diego Perez. She was a victim of a theft. Can't remember year. She says someone posted on FB that their car was broken into, so she went out and checked and saw a drill, charger, and batteries were missing

Perez.jpg

Rubin: Why'd you post on FB about it? Perez: I thought if we were victimized, others might be too and want to check.

Perez administers the FB page; she looks often, when someone posts. If there was a theft, suspicious person, water or power went out, police activity--anything to keep neighbors informed.

Perez says she'd tell her husband Diego about water outages and about any suspicious activity. Why? "Because he's my protector."

Perez knows Larry English. She thinks the day their tools were stolen, her husband told the cop, Hey, there's a guy over here, might want to check w/him (English). She learned in 2019 police were looking for young black male who'd been at English property

Outside, Wanda Cooper-Jones and Marcus Arbery, Sr., address a prayer-rally. The gathering was planned in response to a defense lawyer's repeated complaints about "Black pastors" in court

Cooper.jpg

Perez says when English saw a nighttime intruder on property, he'd alert her husband Diego, "The colored boy is back." Diego would go check it out. She didn't think to stop him b/c of possible danger; she trusted her husband, believed Lord would protect

Perez2.jpg

Rubin: Post about English intrusions on FB page? Perez: I'm sure I have. He shows her a paper to detail it. Feb 11, English called and said, Guy is back. She and Diego went out, saw "Mr. Greg and Travis coming down the road." Travis was talking "loud and excited."

Perez3.jpg

They were in her front yard. Perez shone her high-powered flashlight. Handgun tucked under arm for my, kids inside's protection. Rubin: Intrusion at English house. You're putting yourself at risk? "In my yard, yes, sir."

Rubin: Why'd you post it on FB? To let them know it's the same guy. If it was a different person it'd be suspicious but not alarming. Same person over & over made me worry. "He had no business there according to [English] & he'd had thousands of items go missing. ...I assumed."

They talk about the night of Feb 11. She was hushing Travis McMichael that night because her husband had gone into the English house. Didn't want to escalate possible danger. Didn't know them to know if the McMichaels carried guns.

On the items missing from English's boat, her husband suspected the contractors--mentioned the white couple who'd been seen with the tool bag. She assumed those were the sub-contractors. And Diego told English, he suspected those were the thieves.

A neighbor, Renee, posted Dec 2019 that someone stole guns from husband's truck. Perez asked, Black male, short hair, chest & arm tats? Renee said, Hard to tell, but police showed us a pic of the guy you mean. We'll keep an eye out.

Perez checked her cameras. Later she saw pics Renee had posted. State asks if Ofc. Rash followed up and told them it was a white guy behind that theft. She says no.
She found out about the #AhmaudArbery shooting after church. Pulling in, a cop was "hauling tail in," so she followed past their house and came up on scene. She saw Travis McMichael. He looked "scared. Not himself. Hands up like... he was bloody, pacing. Plopped himself down."

Perez4.jpg

Their surveillance video saw #AhmaudArbery on it. Diego gave it to police. ADA Dunikoski greets her for cross-exam. On Feb 23, she took kids--home, Diego went. "It was a pretty gruesome sight. He wanted to know what happened."

link: https://twitter.com/MissVWaters

That’s 100% his intention though.

I think the reason he keeps making a big deal out of this is the same reason the prosecution ended up not bringing up the confederate flag.

They think that there’s a chance that it will alienate an almost all white jury that could potentially not be comfortable about (or straight up dislike) having the fact that this is 100% about race pointed out to them. Prosecution wants to avoid that, and Gough wants them to know that other people are making it about race.

IMO

Am I seeing things, or was a screen put up in the back of the courtroom?

Well, like the judge said, he is the one not only drawing attention to it but drawing more people to the courthouse. The 100 black pastors and some of the others protesting are from his remarks.

Seems desperate for a mistrial. Why? They will retry it.
I don't think that he thinks that they will retry it, seeing some people thought that they should not have even been charged.
Is the LE who told Ahmaud's mother that he was killed during a burglary been charged with anything?

It’s bizarre to me. These people seem to not have anything better to do other than rile themselves up about practically non existent crime and behave like they’re under attack. All the fb posting and screens with cctv at home seems like a few steps too far for me, and I don’t think it’s healthy.

Sometimes it just seems like people are waiting and hoping for an opportunity to shoot someone in self defence…

I think it is important to note, that although these neighbors were concerned about crime in their neighborhood, none of them chased, stalked and shot a black man who it was assumed had done something wrong.---just because that moron TM assumed Mr. Arbery was up to no good he acted as a vigilante and killed a man in cold blood, and he has the nerve to say he was traumatized after killing Mr. Arbery_ I would say Mr. Arbery had been much more traumatized during that fatal encounter and he was shot dead. The facts of this case are hard to listen to and horrific.

The talking heads seem impressed with these neighbors' testimony- why doesn't the prosecutor ask each one of them- you were afraid right? but did you or your husband chase and stalk anyone that you thought might have stolen something, or committed a crime and of course the answer is no. I wouldn't let the defense off with this BS red herring testimony- the prosecutor would ask what would you do if you suspected someone of committing a crime , you know that neighbor would say they WOULD CALL THE POLICE

subie lawrence on stand now. her mom just left the stand.

She is in recruitment, 15 years in Brunswick. Do you have concerns about your job and being here at this trial. I don't want negative impact career or personal life. English's house is kitty corner across from hers. She knows the Perezs because their kids went to preschool together.

She describes the Perezs as very close good neighbors. They look out for us. 2019 her boys were 8 11 and 13ish. Her kids have played with English's grands - close in age. He made neighborhood kids a ramp.

October 2019, her camera alerted her, late evening, when not at home. 10ish in the evening motion detected. she sees two males w flashlights in the front of my house. Asked Diego to go check on it. WHY? I feel safe with Diego. He would look out for me and my boys at all cost.

He relayed through Brooke what was going on and relieved her concerns.

She has posted to FB but can't recall if she posted about that experience. Doesn't recall if she read posts about English's house.

If Brooke would find out that a suspicious person lurking she would call or text me lock your doors secure your property that guy is back at Larry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste