GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that people were all on facebook talking about car break-ins, but people were still leaving their cars unlocked? I think it was the most ignorant thing of the trial I ever heard for the witness in pink to say that you should be able to leave your car unlocked and expect your valuables to be safe. That was just plain ignorant, especially when someone was killed over crimes in their neighborhood.
And they are all so concerned but can’t get who calls 911 .

I really wish Diego Perez had testified. Even more so, after hearing how deeply his wife was wired into the neighborhood's "crime watch," I wonder what if any role he might have played the day AA was killed.

What's never come up in any court proceeding is where DP was that afternoon. But there he is on the Olsen's security camera, in place across from E's house. IIRC, DP drove into the neighborhood, onto Satilla Shore Drive, and in front of E's house literally about a minute before AA arrived in E's front yard.

Given that AA could only have been on the same road into the neighborhood that DP used too, it seems impossible to believe he didn't see AA heading on into SS. And given how absolutely alert DP & his wife & others were to AA being in their neighborhood, it also seems highly unlikely DP wouldn't have raised the alarm.

Is it possible he called Albenze, and that's why Albenze boogied to the corner with phone & gun? Or did he call his wife & she alerted Albenze?

What DP *didn't* do is to go home. After he drove by E's house he clearly kept on driving, right past his own home. And then he disappears from view, until he shows up again, a few minutes after AA is shot. He's on Jones Rd. Which means he didn't leave the neighborhood during the time AA was in the house then running for his life. Neither did he drive back on Satilla Shores from the direction of the MMs house.

Necessarily then, DP had to have driven on Zellwood to get to Jones. Where else did he drive? I've always wondered if he knew about/witnessed part of the chase; saw/or was looking for the MMs, & knowing where AA was, pointed the MMs onto Holmes......

@HayleyMasonTV

NEW: The murder trial in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery is nearing an end as each defense team rests this afternoon. Closing arguments will begin Monday. Prosecutor Dunikoski is planning a nearly four-hour closing.

I will happily listen to 4 hours of LD dissing the Sentilla Shores Posse, but I hope they bring plenty of extra coffee for juror number 12

And leave guns in the car.

Yup. Travis for example, gun stolen from his UNLOCKED car. A child could have had access.

Travis McMichael named in 2 police reports before Arbery shooting | 11alive.com

A second police report released on Wednesday from the Glynn County Police Department involves both Travis and Gregory McMichael. The report is from the morning of New Year's Day. Travis' truck was parked outside the McMichael home, a short distance down the street from English's under-construction house.

The report states Gregory moved the truck but didn't re-lock it. An hour later, Travis went to the truck, noticed his handgun was missing and he called police to report a stolen firearm.

Last edited:
Yikes…a FOUR hour closing! Hope the jury can stay focused.

Yawn....Zzzz....Coffee in break room please!

image.jpg

Coffee

Last edited:
I am also surprised by the number of people who don't lock their cars after knowing that there have been "break-ins" in the area. I think it is fair to say that there are probably any number of gun owners among them all as well. My take on the not locking of the vehicles is similar to what happened when DP went into the shadows with his gun. It seems to me that any number of them would have taken the opportunity to shoot and hurt/kill anyone who was doing wrong by them---stealing from them or going on their property. It also seems to me that the element that they were particularly looking out for has a different complexion. The white trespassing couple only seems to be a blip on their radar. Just my humble observations.

I was unable to watch all of the trial today---work got in the way. I was surprised that the defense didn't call any expert witnesses to bolster the Mr. Arbery was attacking perspective. Further I was surprised that Bryan's defense didn't add anything to the mix given that they were working so hard on the dismissals and mistrial angle. At the very least, I would have thought they would have put up a witness or two who could explain some of why Bryan was really a spectator not an actor.

Totally keeping the Arbery family in my thoughts through this next phase of the trial. Can't be easy watching the TM/GM and RB wagons circle the M family while there is such little expression of sympathy toward the Arbery family.

Lastly, maybe someday we will find out why juror 12 is so sleepy.....but wouldn't it be wonderful if she turns out to be who they pick as their forewoman....just a thought with a smile. So little has made me smile about this trial.

I went back and looked at what GM told police on the scene. He said he got out and got in the back of the truck because Travis had stopped the truck and gotten out with his shotgun to try to make AA stop. And that makes sense. It makes no sense that he and TM just stopped and took time out so GM could get in the back. GM took advantage of the time when TM was setting up an ambush.

And while looking at Roddie's body cam video, I saw the scene to the right, where they kept saying AA could have run. No way. There were hedges and bushes over there in that person's yard. AA had no choice because he was blocked.

Go about 3 minutes in and look behind Roddie. You see a line of hedges and then an open garage to the right of where the white truck is. I really wish the prosecution would bring up that. It's probably why AA pivoted and did not go right after all.

Last edited:
Travis said he was “under stress, nervous, scared” at the time of his police interview and “probably being choppy”.

“What were you nervous about?” Dunikoski asked.

“I just killed a man,” McMichael said. “I had blood on myself. It was the most traumatic event of my life.”

“You were nervous because you thought you were going to jail, right?” Dunikoski asked.

“No. I gave them a statement,” McMichael said. ‘I just killed a man’: defendant who fatally shot Ahmaud Arbery testifies

He never thought he would go to jail. The hubris is astounding. His thought process is one of my neighborhood, my community, mine, mine, mine. Anyone or anything that thought process would be confronted. He didn't have to remember hearing his father yelling at Mr. Arbery. He had a whole life growing up with a man who felt that whenever he wanted he could yell at some one to acquiesce or he would blow the f@$%&#g head off, probably so deeply engrained he doesn't hear it when it is said anymore.

GM spoke to LE when he was filled with bravado and pride at their vigilante justice. He was sure that all would buy the story and Mr. Arbery would not ever be a victim but rather a bad actor who got what was coming to him.

Justice for Mr. Arbery and his family. Never again should this happen to anyone.

Last edited:
I went back and looked at what GM told police on the scene. He said he got out and got in the back of the truck because Travis had stopped the truck and gotten out with his shotgun to try to make AA stop. And that makes sense. It makes no sense that he and TM just stopped and took time out so GM could get in the back. GM took advantage of the time when TM was setting up an ambush.

And while looking at Roddie's body cam video, I saw the scene to the right, where they kept saying AA could have run. No way. There were hedges and bushes over there in that person's yard. AA had no choice because he was blocked.

Go about 3 minutes in and look behind Roddie. You see a line of hedges and then an open garage to the right of where the white truck is. I really wish the prosecution would bring up that. It's probably why AA pivoted and did not go right after all.
I think that he had a gut instinct that they wanted to shoot him and would have if he went onto any property and then claim that he was burgling the place.

It is amazing to me that they keep saying what Mr. Arbery should have done. You are right. Mr. Arbery had no where to go. Even if he did, he would have been smart to calculate that if these animals were hunting him that he would surely be fired up for trespassing on another person's property. I like that the prosecution isn't going to the point by point response but rather focusing on the words of these criminals. It is a losing proposition to begin to legitimize their faulty thinking. The jury could be swayed if they think the pros didn't address the position fully if they tackle the topic. I thought the pros team was brilliant today in their stepping TM through the idea that Mr. Arbery was just running, never threatening, not the aggressor with an invisible finger pointing to TM as the aggressor.

I think that he had a gut instinct that they wanted to shoot him and would have if he went onto any property and then claim that he was burgling the place.

I agree with that. He didn't want to be shot in the back, but they said many times in court -- why didn't he just run away when the gun came out. I'm pointing out a reason why.

Is there a diagram/map that shows the sequence of events on the day AA was killed? I’m having a hard time understanding the streets and movements of everyone. TIA.
Does it matter? He was hunted down every street that he tried to get away in.

Does it matter? He was hunted down every street that he tried to get away in.
Excuse me. I've been watching a trial and can't follow all the questions/responses. He went there. We went there. He pulled up beside him. He turned around... If it didn't matter to me I wouldn't have asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator