Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/

"Mom's story questioned by daughter after baby killed" * video at link *

Wondered what people thought of this ? Strange, imo, to ask so soon about the baby's life insurance.

Not trying to put any blame on the mother unless there's some proof.... and am not diminishing the actions of the two perps ; but it's disturbing to hear the mom's family members having doubts .

Me, neither, and I hear what you're saying. Have had up-close experience with similar strains of mental illness with family members--one paranoid schizophrenic and one borderline personality disorder (MIL for 32 years). I've also grown up in a family with depression fairly strong in the family tree. Because of this, I have alot of compassion for those struggling with brain chemistry issues that are beyond their control...but I'm also not blind to the very real risks in lifestyle and choices of those who suffer from it. And I think it'd be wrong to pass off the daughter's concerns as solely being due to vengeance. Family history can also give those members insight that people outside don't have (though it'd probaby have been wiser to save that just for LE at this stage).

I'm going to stick my neck out and admit to being surprised not so much that she mentioned life insurance that same day to her daughter (I could write that off to a number of things, including state of mind or $ needs)...but that the baby even had life insurance. (Didn't she opt out of pursuing some medical care due to not having health insurance?)

Do people regularly buy life insurance for babies nowadays? (We've always only had it for head of house--though maybe it's our choice that's weird, lol.)

Not criticizing or accusing...just surprised, once again, in this strange case.

I will go on to say that dad and daughter are seemingly blaming the mother
because she should have just given the perps the purse and her baby would still be alive.
Hindsight...
she didn't.
but why?

here is where the motive is.
what was it that the boys wanted even AFTER she stated she had no money?
something they wanted so bad, they would kill her baby, because she would
not give it to them.
It will come out sooner rather than later IMO...

Police: Gun used to kill Brunswick infant recovered

......tips from Karimah and Katrina Elkins lead to witnesses, which lead to tips on the weapons location.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...e-Gun-used-to-kill-Brunswick-infant-recovered
Thank you!

Where's our map? It was found in a pond and the location of the pond is given in the article. Still no word on the type or caliber.

So mom and aunt "assisted" in the leads that led to the gun. Means DE had to have gotten to that pond to pitch it in - or did he? Did someone else dispose of it for him?

Wait, mom and aunt were arrested at approx 5AM this morning - yet the search of the pond was a 3:30AM. Maybe mom & aunt were denying or deflecting on the whereabouts of the gun and, once found, LE decided to charge them.

JMHO

It could be. It could both! Or the perfect storm of crazy. Lol I dunno. I do know that when babies are senselessly killed like this I lose sleep at night.

I do, too. Have a touch of red in my hair, too...and at this stage in my life, I religiously avoid certain threads and topics. I can tell by the titles or headlines I don't need to read more. :o

Police searched a small saltwater pond on Highway 17, near spur 25, with metal detectors starting at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...e-Gun-used-to-kill-Brunswick-infant-recovered

YES! Looks like we may have the murder weapon, whoo hoo.

Can anyone map where this is in relation to the crime scene please and thank you.

Apparently a little pressure in the form of an arrest of DE's mom and aunt were exactly what was needed to get them to realize the seriousness of the predicament they placed themselves into with their lies and false alibis.

They led to other witnesses who led to the gun.

Odd that the gun was found at 3:30am and arrests of mom and aunt were made at 5:00am!
I think NOT!

Way To Go LE!

tl - I was just looking at the location of this pond. Its east of all this - way over - article says highway 17 and spur 25 (which is the number of a connecting road - 25) and its all the way east of these neighborhoods. Also said it was saltwater and if you use mapquest - I just put in Brunswick, GA and then zoomed with satellite view - its a series of "marshes" right on the coast - hence the saltwater. Someone had to get over there to dump it.

I also need to correct my post - the pond search started at 3:30AM but the gun wasn't found until 8 AM - after the mom and aunt were arrested.

Either way - it does seem like LE has this totally under control and are getting to the bottom of this horrible crime.

JMHO

because she should have just given the perps the purse and her baby would still be alive.

Hindsight...
she didn't.
but why?

not give it to them.

BBM, above. With respect, I don't believe anyone can state with certainty that if Sherry had given her purse to the teens the baby would still be alive. That requires the assumption that the person demanding the purse would behave rationally--which just can't be assumed about a person capable of shooting a baby in the face. And maybe if he HAD gotten the purse and it didn't have enough money in it to suit him, he would have shot the baby anyway. Because apparently that's his thing.

How about this line of thinking: "don't attempt to rob mothers with babies, don't threaten to shoot a baby over a purse, and don't shoot babies in the face."

Hindsight...
she didn't.
but why?

not give it to them.

We don't know that if she had complied that she and the baby would be safe.They may still have shot at the victims as a parting shot,no pun intended.We don't know their state of mind or history at the moment.
Sherry has already said via the press that she thought they were younger and that she didn't think the gun was even real.
Seems to me she thought that they would just go away when she told them that she had no money.
This probably went down fast.
I think this is simply that the shooter couldn't be seen as being refused by a woman (victim) and had to follow through on his threat.
IMO

Hmm police didn't believe the alibi given by DEs family. I wonder if they were caught on traffic cams or something while disposing of the gun for their innocent <modsnip>.

I'm so curious about this. Tips from the Elkin's women led to witnesses, that led to the gun.

How did that happen, that two women who were lying to protect DE turned up the tips that led to the gun? My head is spinning.

I think Spur 25 on google maps is referred to as Golden Isles Pkway. It is a busy road that leads to I 95. Hwy 17 is an older divided 4-lane hwy that is not that congested.

Will someone from Brunswick PLEASE confirm where "Spur 25" is located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member