GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poverty, drugs, breakdown of the family is at the root of this crime, not skin color. moo

I'm not excusing the defendants just posting my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the motive - robbery. It is odd that LE is saying they are searching for a motive when we have mom, on TV media inteviews, stating over and over - "they wanted my money". Robbery.

Maybe LE is getting a different story (albeit either a made-up or distorted) from DE & the 15 yr old. Maybe LE is getting different stories from each of them. Which is expected - anyone charged with murder is going to lie (if they are guilty). LE knows this - works around this everyday. So, maybe one of these "odd-ball, get out of jail free" stories are kinda panning out? Who knows.

But for the robbery motive to be refuted - it can only be coming from someone who was there - "No, that isn't what happened. He said this or did that."

JMHO

You seriously are ready to execute two people because they've been arrested for a crime? What evidence do you have that they did it? I'm assuming police have a lot more evidence than you do.

I'm not opposed to an express way and skipping trial if a crime is caught on tape or if there is a crowd of witnesses.

But police don't believe robbery was the motive. What if the boys were paid to kill the baby? Wouldn't the persons that hired them share responsibility for the crime? I'm not saying that happened, but executing the two in custody without all the facts seems a bit dramatic.

I've been accused of being dramatic. It's the mommy in me.

But the far fetched ideas I see on this site like a baby murder for hire of a low income family.... Really??! Really??? Some things are just too far fetched to even bother with. The simplest answer is usually the right one. MSM loves a sensation. And simple answers don't get that sensation. IMO, this race thing, this conspiracy thing...all spun with the help of MSM. And it's ridiculous. Casey Anthony didn't have a video of her crime and I'm as sure as I am a tiny white girl with red hair that she's guilty.

Another possibility is: we don't know where DO's mother lived (DO is aunt of 14 yr old who had Elkins hiding in her car back seat and said she picked him up at her mother's residence). If DO's mother lived in a public housing complex, there might be outside cameras there. IDK.

I've been sleuthing. DO, the 'good aunt' of DL lives in the McIntyre Court public housing complex. (Could supply the specific addy, but probably not necessary, and would like to protect her privacy--she did good.)

ETA: Oops, just reread your post and realized you're talking about DO's mother. If that's 'grandma' VH, she lives way north in the boonies (single fam residence); virtually no chance of security camera there.

Vengeance. Her mother was absent. She's obviously had a rough life, it's written all over her face. I had the same type of relationship with my bio dad (he lost custody). To this day, if I hear he's had a string of bad luck, that lil guy on my shoulder does a happy dance. I just have the self respect my mother taught me to not rub it in.

Glassey, 21, lives in New Jersey and said her mother lost custody of her when she was 8. She said she has forgiven her mom and has spoken to her every day since Thursday's shooting but said some of her mother's responses have her concerned.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...r-of-Brunswick-victim-questions-mothers-story

I agree, I think there is some history behind her statements that has very little to do with this case.

I would be very interested to know how often she spoke to her mother and how involved she has been with her BEFORE the shooting.

There may have been forgiveness for the hurts of the past, but that does not mean Glassy has allowed West to be a big part of her life since that forgiveness (which happened when exactly?) or that she knows her mother very well.

IF there are mental health issues with West, whether those issues caused West to lose custody of glassy or not, they would IMO further complicate this already complicated mother daughter relationship.

Then why not just refuse to comment on that? They weren't asked what the motive was, they publicly came out and said they are looking for a motive. If they think robbery was a possible motive, why not just not comment on the motive and keep looking quietly. They have repeatedly publicly stated they are looking for a motive, publicly contradicting what Sherry has claimed was the motive. Maybe Sherry thought the motive was robbery but police feel there is more to it.

Either way, I'm just glad that police seem to be doing a thorough job of investigating to get all of the facts. Instead of just assuming.
SW has also said that she feels that the crackhead that she had evicted had something to do with it. I think they're just doing a thorough investigation of every possible scenario. In the end, it will probably remain just a robbery gone bad.

SW has also said that she feels that the crackhead that she had evicted had something to do with it. I think they're just doing a thorough investigation of every possible scenario. In the end, it will probably remain just a robbery gone bad.

Agree. Agree. Agree.

But the far fetched ideas I see on this site like a baby murder for hire of a low income family.... Really??! Really??? Some things are just too far fetched to even bother with. The simplest answer is usually the right one. MSM loves a sensation. And simple answers don't get that sensation. IMO, this race thing, this conspiracy thing...all spun with the help of MSM. And it's ridiculous. Casey Anthony didn't have a video of her crime and I'm as sure as I am a tiny white girl with red hair that she's guilty.

Far fetched? Yes. I was merely giving a scenario where executing people without a fair trial would not be serving justice.

Media sensation? Maybe police are just trying to help the media with their ratings and that's why they keep saying they are looking for a motive. Maybe it was just a simple robbery and police are just trying to get a little more attention by saying they are looking for a motive.

Then why the need to publicly state several times that they are looking for a motive? They could simply not make public statements about the motive and let Sherry's story of a robbery stand. :banghead:

About the motive - robbery. It is odd that LE is saying they are searching for a motive when we have mom, on TV media inteviews, stating over and over - "they wanted my money". Robbery.

Maybe LE is getting a different story (albeit either a made-up or distorted) from DE & the 15 yr old. Maybe LE is getting different stories from each of them. Which is expected - anyone charged with murder is going to lie (if they are guilty). LE knows this - works around this everyday. So, maybe one of these "odd-ball, get out of jail free" stories are kinda panning out? Who knows.

But for the robbery motive to be refuted - it can only be coming from someone who was there - "No, that isn't what happened. He said this or did that."

JMHO

Maybe they are getting a different story from that anonymous tipster/neighbor...or from video camera footage...or from 'word on the street'...or, whatever. They have more feelers out than we can know about right now. It doesn't necessarily boil down to a 'get out of jail free' story spun by the defendants.

DE is due back in court today - no?

FWIW - I don't think this will go to trial. I think LE has quite a bit - hard evidence - on both of them. They will end up striking a plea deal.

That one lawyer yesterday (public defender) stating he was 1000% positive that his client is not guilty. Yea. Sure. He hasn't even been given any discovery yet - he doesn't know what LE (and the prosecutors) have. Hard to make a statement like that and be taken seriously (when he doesn't have all the evidence).

JMHO

Far fetched? Yes. I was merely giving a scenario where executing people without a fair trial would not be serving justice.

Media sensation? Maybe police are just trying to help the media with their ratings and that's why they keep saying they are looking for a motive. Maybe it was just a simple robbery and police are just trying to get a little more attention by saying they are looking for a motive.

I don't think. But we can agree to disagree (and I'm fine with that). I think LE knows the high profile level this case is. Cops are like: "Oh snap. Wht baby killed by a blk kid. MSM IS GONNA HAVE A FEILD DAY..." And unfortunately, they're right. They have to make sure there's no room for error. They have to make sure no one can come in and say "my client is being framed". They have to have an airtight case. I don't think they would say even what they think the motive is. I think they will use the plausible deniability stance and FIND that robbery is a motive bc of THEIR FINDINGS (not just bc mom says it was), leaving no doubt that it was robbery gone bad and leaving NO ROOM FOR SOMEONE TO SAY THIS WAS A LYNCH MOB.

My drama emo is only based on this case bc a child was killed. In any other case I believe a trial should exist. A fair one. With thorough investigation. Heck, even in this case the logical side of me says they need a trial a fair one with investigation thru n thru. But the mom in me wants to beat them with shapened sticks. I'm not capable of combining the 2 sides getting this level headed person when children are involved. I'm not that numb yet.

Maybe they are getting a different story from that anonymous tipster/neighbor...or from video camera footage...or from 'word on the street'...or, whatever. They have more feelers out than we can know about right now. It doesn't necessarily boil down to a 'get out of jail free' story spun by the defendants.
Good point. Yes, this can be going in a bunch of different directions. It just tells me that LE isn't sure and are still investigating. The arrests of mom and aunt are telling though. If they are lying................... LE had to have concrete proof of those lies.

Look at Casey's case - how many times did Cindy lie lie lie to the media, to the police, to the court and judge, to us? Many many many people wanted her arrested for perjury - yet they never did. Through all those discussions about that - it was said that LE just didn't have concrete proof of her lies - until her testimony on the stand, under oath - and even then, while a perjury charge was considered, it was eventually let go. So, for LE to have arrested and charged these two, tells me LE has concrete proof of their lying to police. And, if they lied to police (and we know they have been saying that DE was with them, or wasn't anywhere near the crime scene) it leads me to believe that LE has a whole lot of evidence against these two.

LE's statement of "we now know when, where and how this crime happened" is very interesting......

JMHO

You sure it's just the mommy in you, and not those dramatic red-headed genes? (Don't mind me; I'm the mommy of an adored red-headed daughter, who is wonderfully dramatic.) ;D

OOOOOOOooooooo - here's a thought.

WHAT IF the 15 yr old had a phone and recorded the whole thing? IF this was a possible gang initiation then recording would have been proof of the "task" and huge "props and street cred" to both the shooter and cameraman.

IDK - now I'm just grasping at straws. But cell phones play a big part in other cases - did either of these two boys have one?

hhmmmmm..................................

JMHO

I am still on the fence about everything.
Something does not seem right..
Dad blames Mom,so does the daughter.....I 'm beginning to think there's more to the story...

I soooooooooo Agree with you!

You sure it's just the mommy in you, and not those dramatic red-headed genes? (Don't mind me; I'm the mommy of an adored red-headed daughter, who is wonderfully dramatic.) ;D

It could be. It could both! Or the perfect storm of crazy. Lol I dunno. I do know that when babies are senselessly killed like this I lose sleep at night.

When Jori died at the hands of his father I cried myself to sleep for weeks. Having a special needs child myself, I couldn't imagine and with the details released by MSM (details like him being alive as his father sawed off his head) I couldn't believe it! I couldnt believe MSM would print that (houmatoday.com). It left me scarred and feeling like I wanted to hurt this man. And he's yet to stand trial... Sad. Even though he confessed and gave motive. Insanity pleas. Who needs them?!

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/08/jori_lirette_7_dismembered_by.php

http://www.usatoday.com/news/

"Mom's story questioned by daughter after baby killed" * video at link *

Wondered what people thought of this ? Strange, imo, to ask so soon about the baby's life insurance.

Not trying to put any blame on the mother unless there's some proof.... and am not diminishing the actions of the two perps ; but it's disturbing to hear the mom's family members having doubts .

Then why the need to publicly state several times that they are looking for a motive? They could simply not make public statements about the motive and let Sherry's story of a robbery stand. :banghead:
Well, Sherry has given motives other than robbery. It is possible that they are investigating this angle rather than just ignoring her concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warmblanket