GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so curious about this. Tips from the Elkin's women led to witnesses, that led to the gun.

How did that happen, that two women who were lying to protect DE turned up the tips that led to the gun? My head is spinning.

maybe they implicated someone else

I've only heard of survivor benefits but that's for children who's lost parents I think. Dad could have purchased a cheap plan thru his work. Ours costs $3 a week. Covers all 5 of us.

If it turns out that this was an insurance plan that was purchased as part of a employer benefit package for the dad, then it certainly seem more normal. I was just surprised someone who's really struggling financially would opt for another bill.

Me, neither, and I hear what you're saying. Have had up-close experience with similar strains of mental illness with family members--one paranoid schizophrenic and one borderline personality disorder (MIL for 32 years). I've also grown up in a family with depression fairly strong in the family tree. Because of my experiences, I have much compassion for those struggling with brain chemistry issues that are beyond their control...but I'm also not blind to the very real risks in lifestyle and choices of those who suffer from it. And I think it'd be wrong to pass off the daughter's concerns as solely being due to vengeance. Family history can also give those members insight that people outside don't have (though it'd probaby have been wiser to save that just for LE at this stage).

I'm going to stick my neck out and admit to being surprised not so much that she mentioned life insurance that same day to her daughter (I could write that off to a number of things, including state of mind or $ needs)...but that the baby even had life insurance. (Didn't she opt out of pursuing some medical care due to not having health insurance?)

Do people regularly buy life insurance for babies nowadays? (We've always only had it for head of house--though maybe it's our choice that's weird, lol.)

Not criticizing or accusing...just surprised, once again, in this strange case.

when I was sent home from the hospital with each of my newborns, I was buried in pamphlets, offers, etc for silver spoons, Gerber Insurance, children book of the month clubs etc, In addition, my address was released by the hospital to various child related businesses and I continued to receive such mailings for years to come.

Many new moms, flush with love for their newborns, purchase many of these items. The companies know they are dealing with women, babies and hormones.

MOO

Given that witnesses were on the scene almost instantly while the mother was trying to give the baby CPR I'm thinking she didn't have time to go flitting off to dispose of a gun.

Although the two people who have been arrested for the crime certainly had the time to dump the gun.

maybe they implicated someone else

Well, but that's the thing. if they implicated someone ELSE, and that led to the finding of the gun, it seems that would be a bigger story.

I don't see how their attempts to lie and shield DE could lead to the finding of the gun - if they were lying.

Time will tell.

i think mom is likely on SSDI and therefore baby would be receiving a benefit (my son receives $843 p/mo from his fathers disability - mental illness) i THINK if my son died i would receive a death benefit of $2500. maybe she considers that life insurance.

Is that far enough from the crime scene that the mother couldn't have dumped it?

Yes.

The mother had zero time to dispose of a gun.
The gunshots were heard. Witnesses were there immediately.

If it had been found in a manhole next to the crime scene then maybe...
She definitely didn't have time to go a few miles and come back, no.

I understand it's just a weird story, but it is physically impossible for the mother to have done this.
Too many witnesses, not enough time, gunshots were heard, it just isn't possible. :twocents:

tl - I was just looking at the location of this pond. Its east of all this - way over - article says highway 17 and spur 25 (which is the number of a connecting road - 25) and its all the way east of these neighborhoods. Also said it was saltwater and if you use mapquest - I just put in Brunswick, GA and then zoomed with satellite view - its a series of "marshes" right on the coast - hence the saltwater. Someone had to get over there to dump it.

I also need to correct my post - the pond search started at 3:30AM but the gun wasn't found until 8 AM - after the mom and aunt were arrested.

Either way - it does seem like LE has this totally under control and are getting to the bottom of this horrible crime.

JMHO

Yep. And they are talking to other witnesses, too. Hopefully they are getting a better picture of exactly what happened, and why.
It's very important that that all those that are involved, are charged and brought to justice.

Well, but that's the thing. if they implicated someone ELSE, and that led to the finding of the gun, it seems that would be a bigger story.

I don't see how their attempts to lie and shield DE could lead to the finding of the gun - if they were lying.

Time will tell.

nobody likes a snitch on the streets. they may be covering for the boys but hiding other details. i assume if their tips led to someone that then led to the gun others are complicit.

Time will tell.
Could be the named a friend of DE's - saying he's been talking to him - or was with him last night - so some such dribble - then LE goes to talk to said friend and said friend says "yea, he came by - we went to the pond and he threw the gun away" - something like that.

That would take "tips" from mom and aunt and then lead them to the pond and the gun.

The charges of lying to police could come from mom and aunt stating they were either with DE or knew of where he was during the time of the crime.

JMHO

Police searched a small saltwater pond on Highway 17, near spur 25, with metal detectors starting at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...e-Gun-used-to-kill-Brunswick-infant-recovered

YES! Looks like we may have the murder weapon, whoo hoo.

Can anyone map where this is in relation to the crime scene please and thank you.

Apparently a little pressure in the form of an arrest of DE's mom and aunt were exactly what was needed to get them to realize the seriousness of the predicament they placed themselves into with their lies and false alibis.

They led to other witnesses who led to the gun.
BBM
You're in muh brain!

I'm so curious about this. Tips from the Elkin's women led to witnesses, that led to the gun.

How did that happen, that two women who were lying to protect DE turned up the tips that led to the gun? My head is spinning.

MOO they gave up names of certain individuals who DE handed off the gun to and those individuals or other witnesses gave up the gun location.

Either that or the two women themselves were part of the disposal of the gun and handed it off to someone, who handed it off to someone who then disposed of it in the pond.

Hmm police didn't believe the alibi given by DEs family. I wonder if they were caught on traffic cams or something while disposing of the gun for their innocent gang banger.

MOO they disbelieved it because DL puts DE at the scene with a gun and himself, apparently a forced participant.

Yes.

The mother had zero time to dispose of a gun.
The gunshots were heard. Witnesses were there immediately.

If it had been found in a manhole next to the crime scene then maybe...
She definitely didn't have time to go a few miles and come back, no.

I understand it's just a weird story, but it is physically impossible for the mother to have done this.
Too many witnesses, not enough time, gunshots were heard, it just isn't possible. :twocents:

:great::great::great::great::great: yup yup yup. Thank you for this post. It's exactly what I was thinking.

OT to PoirotryInMotion: my little grey cells tell me you might be a Christie fan, true? :)

So, DE gets a ride with the 15 yr old's aunt. He gets out abruptly and she "notices" a gun hidden in his pants. DE still had the gun when he got out of the car. Then where did he go? Someone else had to have either picked him up and he got to someone's house and they gave him a ride - something. Its where DE went after he got out of that car, as he still had the gun then......

Maybe mom or aunt drove him over there.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members