GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
vlpate,

The post before yours I had asked:
Would someone please explain why they think Sherry West had prior knowledge or participated in the death of her child & that Elkins is innocent?

My question was not addressed to anyone in particular. Some posters seem to question everything about Ms West. Others, like me, are completely aligned with the state - The defendant is guilty as hell. The jury must hear all evidence before deciding their verdict. My verdict is in. The boy shot the child. His mother tried to cover for him.

Defense attorney was trying to get statements from an ex-lover and an ex-wife of Mr. Santiago's into court. These woman haven't seen or heard from this guy in almost 10 years. DENIED.

Out of lurkdom on this case I've followed since the horror began in March...

Thought y'all would get some badly needed comic relief for a moment...I'm listening to the early news on Channel 2 [WSB]. Ross Cavitt opened his live report on the trial saying "I have to admit that if I were a Cobb County juror hearing this case, I would go home tonight scratching my head trying to figure out what the Defense is trying to accomplish with the witnesses they've had testify today"...literally choked on the water I was drinking and laughed out loud :-)

Enjoy!

Westie Mom

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 43s

Louis Santiago set to testify shortly. Judge Kelley will not allow his ex-wife and ex-lover to testify about their concerns he killed baby

I'm watching the livestream and I just want to say I find it absolutely NOT RIGHT that the Judge just denied both ex's of Louis Santiago to be questioned in front of the Jury when THEY BOTH stated he threatened to kill the children they had together and stole money because of his Crack Habit to pay off a drug dealer that threatened his family. I think it's relevant...

I'm watching the livestream and I just want to say I find it absolutely NOT RIGHT that the Judge just denied both ex's of Louis Santiago to be questioned in front of the Jury when THEY BOTH stated he threatened to kill the children they had together and stole money because of his Crack Habit to pay off a drug dealer that threatened his family. I think it's relevant...

The Rules of Evidence wont allow that kind of testimony. First, its heresay. Second it really allowing these women to testify that they think Louis committed this crime, an opinion, and that isn't allowed. Next, the statements were going to be used to insinuate that since he made these statements a long time ago, that he acted in conformity with that in this case. That type of testimony is also not allowed under the rules.

One was 10 years ago and one was 15 years ago. It has NO relevance to this case. You can't take the word of Ex's when there is nothing to link the Dad to any of this. There is ZERO proof he did anything. Ex's can be bitter. Past is past. It's been too long. It's not like it was a month prior to the murder of the baby. You can't allow hearsay evidence in when it was so long ago and has no bearing on this case. That is the law.

The Rules of Evidence wont allow that kind of testimony. First, its heresay. Second it really allowing these women to testify that they think Louis committed this crime, an opinion, and that isn't allowed. Next, the statements were going to be used to insinuate that since he made these statements a long time ago, that he acted in conformity with that in this case. That type of testimony is also not allowed under the rules.

LOL. I should have waited for you. You always say it much better. :facepalm:

OMG - of course you reach out to a church or pastor when you need prayers!! Even if you aren't a member of the church. Your baby is shot in the face, you need prayers!!

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 12m

Louis Santiago is currently in jail charged with aggravated stalking of Sherry West. #elkins

Why didn't Gough talk about AG getting out of jail just to testify? This trial is a cast of characters. Does everybody have arrest records?

BBM
Every one on the defense side does.....except SL
Ms West has not been arrested in Brunswick- and "allegations" from her daughter are just that- not arrest / convictions

Ok, thanks PraireWind. It just seemed pretty scary of this guy but if under law it's not allowed, it's not allowed then.

I don't think I've ever disliked a defense attorney as much as Gough.

Me either!

I am so happy the state has begun to object to Gough's leading questions & accusatory statements. His tone of voice & insinuations about calling the church to ask for prayers made me mad...oh Lord... another move for mistrial... is anyone counting?

I've not seen anyone here accuse SW of shooting her son in the face - are you talking about the trial? I've not been able to watch all of it.

People here have said her wounds were self-inflicted. Does that not imply she was on scene and shooting a loaded gun and thus involved in the death of her child?

If someone here accuses her of shooting herself and of being more interested in the insurance money than her child, then i assume they are accusing her of killing her child.

Thank you . I also see this as being relevant. I feel there is a lot more to this story with the parents of the murdered baby.

He is worse in person- trust me on that

imo

Really? Yikes. I thought it was just a courtroom act. He seems like a bully and he doesn't respect authority.

I would be surprised if he gets out of this case without sanctions. A judge can only warn you so many times. It's been like a million. I might be exaggerating the last sentence by a 100,000 or so. :floorlaugh:

Just remember folks, this is the defense's CIC. Pretty sad if attacking the parents and pointing the fingers to others, without any proof, is all they have.

Then, REBUTTAL!!!

The father wasn't at the scene when this happened. What is the purpose of having him testify?

tia
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder