Found Alive GA - Ayvani Perez, 14, Ellenwood, 17 Sept 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I very much doubt that the mother took the dog to the vet herself as she would been much occupied with talking with LE. As for why the family spoke out about the ransom demand, it seems that it was not the immediate family who did so.

Concerning the drug trafficking charges against the mother, if this family was targeted for drug debt then IMO the whole scenario becomes a lot grimmer. WSB radio just reported that the drug trafficking charge involved several hundred pounds of marijuana with a street value of $300,000. (!!)

Oh wow. If this is true, why wouldn't she be in jail now? One of the things that has been bopping around in my head is that she may have gotten a deal and turned state's witness. I mean, that could definitely cause someone to target her or her loved ones, right?

I don't think is unreasonable....just considering the circumstances, you might be thinking of your child before your dog.

If your dog and your child were both drowning and you could only save one, most people would choose their child (unless the child is a teenager, then they would choose the dog.....Just kidding, sorry).

I love my dog. He came before our children. He was my "first" child.

But if people came into my home and abducted my child and also shot our dog, I can't see myself sitting at the Vet. Just saying.

People handle things differently though. I think the media coverage in this case had been strange from the start. It appears quite public for a home invasion turned ransom kidnapping. Usually the public has very few details regarding ransom kidnapping during the actual investigation, including the families reaction to the demand.

I hope Ayvani is recovered safely and very soon.

So sick over this young one. What is the world coming to? Not safe in your home with your family. And they kill the dog?! I worry over her and pray.

There is evil among us! We will never escape this evil!

BTW: did you hear the doctor speak from MedStar hospital in DC earlier this week. She gave an update on shooting victims and at one point she said something to the effect that "there is an evil", but she didn't continue. Not sure if someone alerted her not to go on, or if another question from the media was asked, but I thought it was interesting.

I very much doubt that the mother took the dog to the vet herself as she would been much occupied with talking with LE. As for why the family spoke out about the ransom demand, it seems that it was not the immediate family who did so.

Concerning the drug trafficking charges against the mother, if this family was targeted for drug debt then IMO the whole scenario becomes a lot grimmer. WSB radio just reported that the drug trafficking charge involved several hundred pounds of marijuana with a street value of $300,000. (!!)

Okayyyy... Just jumping off your post...

What if mom turned on someone else in the drug trafficking charges.... And that other person(s) is in jail...

she is out free...

could this be a "Revenge" crime?

Just some thoughts...

One of the reports I read early in said they shot the dog due to barking. At this point I pray for a presser to clear up even some minor reports in the media.

Interesting, you would think the suspects could hear the dog barking from outside.
So they randomly selected a house to break in and rob that had not just a dog but a barking alert dog.

Doesn't sound quite right, huh?

I don't think is unreasonable....just considering the circumstances, you might be thinking of your child before your dog.

If your dog and your child were both drowning and you could only save one, most people would choose their child (unless the child is a teenager, then they would choose the dog.....Just kidding, sorry).

There was a story recently where family's boat was going under the water. The guy saved his dog first, then went back for his wife. I am just saying... Some people are crazy for their dogs.

WSB Radio ‏@wsbradio 2m
BREAKING NEWS: WSB Richard Sangster reports the mother of kidnapping victim Ayvani Perez was arrested in 2012 on drug trafficking charges.
https://twitter.com/wsbradio

I had a feeling about this. Remember the case a little while back of the little boy who was taken in a home invasion. He was found safe, but drugs were at the center of the events (I think the grandfather owed a large chunk of $ to drug dealers).

Oh wow. If this is true, why wouldn't she be in jail now? One of the things that has been bopping around in my head is that she may have gotten a deal and turned state's witness. I mean, that could definitely cause someone to target her or her loved ones, right?

I know, right?? I wish WSB would add the details about the arrest to their website so I can provide a link.

Interesting, you would think the suspects could hear the dog barking from outside.
So they randomly selected a house to break in and rob that had not just a dog but a barking alert dog.

Doesn't sound quite right, huh?

No but early in this I posted about a break in a few doors down from us. LE told us they chose that house likely due to the poor lock on back door. Everyone else here has deadbolts etc. etc. even tho we rarely have crime. Having said that this young Family has 2 dogs. 2 really big dogs who bark constantly. So who knows eh?

I'm not ready to accept a drug trafficking angle when I consider all the misinformation about the Navy Yard shooting. Maybe the ransom comes into the picture from this poor child bargaining with her abductors, trying to convince them that keeping her alive would yield a payday. This is all so confusing. The only thing I know is that when I saw this little girl's picture, it just broke my heart thinking about what she's enduring.

There was a story recently where family's boat was going under the water. The guy saved his dog first, then went back for his wife. I am just saying... Some people are crazy for their dogs.

Guess she knows her pecking order. Wonder how that turned out for him :floorlaugh: Thankfully I wont have to make that choice when we are boating. Lab swims like a fish yet she always has her life jacket on too. I do wonder if the dog is a small dog. House isn't really small so may not be heard outside?

Family: Ransom demand made in case of kidnapped Clayton County girl

A Clayton County teenager remained missing early Wednesday, more than 24 hours after being kidnapped by armed men who barged into her family’s home.
When the two masked gunmen burst into the Ellenwood home early Tuesday, the mother tried unsuccessfully to hide her two teenage children to protect them.
Now she and other family members are trying to raise a $10,000 ransom to give the men who kidnapped her youngest, 14-year-old Ayvani Hope Perez, after their demand for cash and jewelry went unmet in the robbery attempt.

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/police-14-year-old-girl-kidnapped-from-clayton-cou/nZysT/?ecmp=wsbam_social_twitter_201312058064

This article says the two suspects wore masks of some type. Is this is misprint or did the masks come off at some point?

There are very detailed sketches of both suspects released.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3941307

Some random thoughts - MOO :moo:

I wonder if a crappy reporting job is substituting ' located' for ' identified' ?

For what it's worth, I believe that the phrase originally reported was that LE had "been in contact" with them. It is my belief that if LE knew their whereabouts, we would have seen a raid or swat by now. Just MOO.

Also, heard a TV reporter this morning (doing an on scene update) make the statement that the father was contacted an hour after she was kidnapped with a demand for ransom. I have no link for this and have not seen it in print at this point..... so take it with a grain of salt.

YW, watchful_eye.. The technology has been available for ten years now. The first one I saw was about 4 years ago. I could never ID someone from the old pencil sketches, but I could now since they are virtual photos..
https://www.facebook.com/diana.trepkov?fref=ts

Snip & Bolding by me.... Way back in college days taking criminology class I remember the teacher telling us...... when you look at a composite pic, squint your eyes until it is just at the early blur stage and you will get a better idea of what the individual actually looked like to the observer. Anyone else ever heard that tip?

LE is asking for help. One thing that would be very helpful is if LE would release a photo of (or very close to) the vehicle in question. The public can be much better at helping if they have something to go on. Has anyone seen a photo of the type/style of car they are looking for now?

WSB live: Maria Perez was arrested in Henry County in 2012 for marijuana trafficking. Authorities seized almost 600 pounds of pot with a street value of $300,000 from a stash house in Stockbridge.

Can we all agree that people love their dogs and children and would die for them? We have no idea who took the dog to the vet or if the dog even made it to the vet. One report says it died at the vets. Some reports say mom was fainting and was taken to the hosp. Not a word about the brother....and, almost no discussion about Ayvani.

WSB live: Maria Perez was arrested in Henry County in 2012 for marijuana trafficking. Authorities seized almost 600 pounds of pot with a street value of $300,000 from a stash house in Stockbridge.

This would explain their move, even if they weren't living in said stash house.

Yesterday I searched for a scanner for this city/ county but there is not one on broadcastify. If anyone has found one, I'd love a share. tia

Ok I'm just throwing this out there and you can slam me if you want and Nursie's right here so it will be swift ........ I love my dogs. I LOVE MY DOGS. But I'm not sure if I would rush my dog to the vet after it's shot when two armed , masked gunmen just ran out of the house with my child. I'm not sure if that's a reasonable thing or not. Thoughts ?

I assume in a case like this, where a dog gets shot/injured in a robbery/crime and the police are called, that the LE would get Animal Control/Cruelty involved to take the dog to the vet. In NC, where I live, Animal Control/Animal Cruelty is part of the sheriff's department, so they are closely tied to LE activities. I'm not sure how it is set up in Georgia.

So it is possible mother was targeted. And maybe suspects weren't exactly looking for money and jewelry.
But they didn't find what they wanted and kidnapped the child?
Human trafficking could be very profitable. After all you can sell the drugs once and they are gone. But a person can be sold time and time again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back