Found Safe GA - Blaise Barnett, 1, sitting in car when stolen, later found abandoned, Clarkston, 10 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TWO seats, if the other child was properly restrained. I can maybe see someone taking Blaise and his seat from the car if he was the target but it’s harder to imagine removing an empty seat that wasn’t being used. moo
Do we know for sure if he really was in a car seat? I know they're required by law, but I used to work in a pharmacy that had a drive-thru and it was amazing how many people drove through with infants and toddlers that weren't restrained.

Do we know for sure if he really was in a car seat? I know they're required by law, but I used to work in a pharmacy that had a drive-thru and it was amazing how many people drove through with infants and toddlers that weren't restrained.
Yes the car seat was mentioned in the press conference.

BBM

“”The vehicle was not left running, but its keys were in the cupholder, according to the report. Blaise was strapped into a black and tan car seat and had a blanket wrapped around his legs, his parents told police.””

UPDATE: Cops find stolen SUV, but Clarkston 1-year-old still missing

Someone asked if there were foot searches, AJC says yes. Family and officers going door to door

BBM

“”The GBI issued the alert, known as a Levi’s Call in Georgia, on behalf of the Clarkston Police Department. The Barnett family said the toddler’s name was misspelled in the alert. The Barnett and Bray families have been searching for Blaise alongside police officers and going door-to-door to speak with neighbors in the area, Clarkston officials said.””
UPDATE: Cops find stolen SUV, but Clarkston 1-year-old still missing

That's kind of what I was thinking...I can't imagine a teenage carjacker would take the time to remove a car seat, but anything is possible.

In cases like this I'm usually jaded. In this one, I almost believe the parents are telling the truth. If they were at the grocery, one or both parents have to be on video. Did one stay in the car with the kids, that could be concerning if no one has independently seen Blaise in the past 48 hours. But overall, I'm leaning towards they are probably telling the truth. But the clothing he was wearing is just weird, that part gets me. Is it warm there right now?

In cases like this I'm usually jaded. In this one, I almost believe the parents are telling the truth. If they were at the grocery, one or both parents have to be on video. Did one stay in the car with the kids, that could be concerning if no one has independently seen Blaise in the past 48 hours. But overall, I'm leaning towards they are probably telling the truth. But the clothing he was wearing is just weird, that part gets me. Is it warm there right now?

I'm in Philly and it was close to 70 degrees yesterday and today...I think it was a little warmer in Atlanta. I believe the mom said Blaise had a blanket, so I would think he was warm enough, especially if they didn't plan on taking him into the grocery store.

I wonder if the seat + base was missing, or just the seat. With an infant seat, the seat will lift up from the base. It’d be helpful to know if he was still using an infant seat.

Unlocking the infant seat from the base can be tricky and isn’t uniform across models. Removing the seat with the base isn’t easy, especially for someone who is in a hurry.

(As a side note, hospitals will not release a newborn that does not have a car seat - that’s the law in most or all states, even in a place like NYC where parents might not have a car. But whether the parent still has or uses the seat 12+ months later is a different matter.)

JMO.

QUOTE="Lamima, post: 17265984, member: 105844"]So, playing devil's advocate here..

Say they were hanging out at someone else's house, maybe sibling's (hence having the nephew), partying or whatever. They left to come home, bringing the nephew (maybe they were going to babysit, maybe they were at a parent's house and extended family cares for this nephew???), and stopped at a convenience store for some items. Maybe one of them stayed in car with kids. Maybe the 1 yo had an accident or spilled on his pants so he was just in diaper and shirt. Then they got back home and things happened as they described. Maybe.

Also my mom keeps car key on separate lanyard from all her keys. Don't know why. And we keep our 2nd car key on it's own keychain separate. In our case it's because the hubs works from home and we mostly use our other car. So instead of having the 2 big clunky new fangled key fob things smashed up with all our house and mailbox (our parent's house, daughters' house, vacay house) keys and those little shoppers tags...we keep the secondary car key separate (plus we once had 2 for the car and one no longer works so we share the 1 key).

But all the things put together, yeah, something seems rotten in Denmark.[/QUOTE]

I've kinda been playing devil's advocate the entire time but made it clear what I think.

I don't see the grocery shopping late night that odd. We did it sometimes because that's how it worked out for us. That said, we don't even know they were grocery shopping late at night. All we were told was they were carrying grocery bags in at 1 a.m.

Nonperishable stuff easily could have been bought earlier in the day and this was the first time they'd been home.

The keys?

Two adults. One used their set to open their apartment,the other left theirs in the car.

No pants?

Exactly like you said. They got soiled somehow. They were wet. I'd rather have a dry diaper and dry blanket wrapped around my baby than have them in wet pants on a chilly night.

I just don't buy any of it.

I wonder if the seat + base was missing, or just the seat. With an infant seat, the seat will lift up from the base. It’d be helpful to know if he was still using an infant seat.

Unlocking the infant seat from the base can be tricky and isn’t uniform across models. Removing the seat with the base isn’t easy, especially for someone who is in a hurry.

(As a side note, hospitals will not release a newborn that does not have a car seat - that’s the law in most or all states, even in a place like NYC where parents might not have a car. But whether the parent still has or uses the seat 12+ months later is a different matter.)

JMO.
You got to it before me.

We used a car seat that was a carrier that latched into a base that stayed secured in the car.

I found ours fairly easy to unlatch.

The thing with car seats... you become damn proficient with your own. I could cradle my arm through the handle and unlatch one handed in one motion.

Our friends had a car seat that gave me fits when we took their daughter places with ours.

But when I saw the initial report that the car seat was inside and then it backtracked... I thought about the base of ours and how at a quick glance someone might initially think the car seat is there when, in fact, it's not

How old is the nephew? Was he in a car seat? Did mom go in empty handed? Why were they dressed appropriately and Blaise was in tank and wrapped in a blanket? Was he asleep when they left? Who steals a car, abandons it, taking a child AND a car seat AND blanket(s) with them? That’s a lot of time to get caught, for any thief. IMO MOO

I'm definitely skeptical, but only because we've seen way too many of these cases that start out as a potential abduction but end up being something much more sinister. At this point, I would be skeptical of the Pope if he reported a child abduction. It's sad, and definitely unfair to parents who really do experience the horror of having a child abducted, but I can't help it. I truly hope that this case has a happy ending.

And I’ll give my opinion on these temps as a local originally from the mid-Atlantic area. It’s COLD! Friends from home celebrate 74 in November. Friends in Georgia are acting like it’s -74 and are bundled in jackets and blankets. 52 is downright frigid.

How old is the nephew? Was he in a car seat? Did mom go in empty handed? Why were they dressed appropriately and Blaise was in tank and wrapped in a blanket? Was he asleep when they left? Who steals a car, abandons it, taking a child AND a car seat AND blanket(s) with them? That’s a lot of time to get caught, for any thief. IMO MOO

The only answer we have is nephew is 3.

It hasn't been 24 hours since this little one went missing, so maybe the lack of details is expected. Maybe they're hoping that any moment he'll be located at a fire station or convenience store.

But as time goes on, usually a family member gets appointed spokesman and they inform the public of the details surrounding the incident.

As it is, these two appear to be working fairly hard not to give away any details, and not to get pinned down as to what they were doing that evening or what they took in "bags" - although maybe that's their typical demeanor. The dad Xavier seems especially practiced at not saying anything.

But then again the reporter wasn't asking any questions.

Cops find stolen SUV, but Clarkston 1-year-old still missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored
Back