GUILTY GA - Bonny Cooner, 33, strangled, dumped in well, Franklin County, 28 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Thx for posting this link. Sounds more likely than possibly. A couple specific statements in the article caught my eye.

“Interviews with the boyfriend, family, friends and other individuals did lead us to this particular site” where the woman’s body was found, Ayers said Sunday morning." Wondering what is significant about the site that others would know it as a possible location?

"Ayers said after discovering the body investigators immediately obtained arrest warrants for Shubert. Authorities had information that he might be in South Carolina, and Anderson police, along with GBI agents and Franklin County deputies, located him in a parking lot in downtown Anderson at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday, the agent said." In a parking lot at 2:30a.m.; wonder what he was doing - hiding in plain sight or what?

Thx for posting this link. Sounds more likely than possibly. A couple specific statements in the article caught my eye.

“Interviews with the boyfriend, family, friends and other individuals did lead us to this particular site” where the woman’s body was found, Ayers said Sunday morning." Wondering what is significant about the site that others would know it as a possible location?

"Ayers said after discovering the body investigators immediately obtained arrest warrants for Shubert. Authorities had information that he might be in South Carolina, and Anderson police, along with GBI agents and Franklin County deputies, located him in a parking lot in downtown Anderson at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday, the agent said." In a parking lot at 2:30a.m.; wonder what he was doing - hiding in plain sight or what?

My guess is leaving a bar.

Rest in Peace, Bonny.

:rose:

I'm so sorry to get here and find this news. I sure hope her young wasn't aware of anything that night.

Strength and comfort to her family and friends,

Rest in Peace Bonny

:rose:

The warrants charge Shubert with malice murder, aggravated assault and concealing a death. Additional charges may also be brought at a later date, the GBI said.

Shubert was arrested at 2:30 Sunday morning after police found him sleeping in his van parked at a Red Lobster in Anderson.

He is currently in custody in South Carolina awaiting extradition to Georgia

BBM
:what: I wonder what injuries her body sustained? The article said that the autopsy report most likely will not be completed until Monday.

Her poor son...

I'm not showing an 1805 Casey Rd on the property appraiser's site.

021013mugshot.jpg

Casey Rd. is located just a few miles from BF's house..a 5 minute drive. Don't know of any connection between BF and the property on Casey Rd. He has never owned property on Casey Rd. She was found at the bottom of an abandoned well. I tried to drive by the location today, but Casey Rd. was blocked off at both ends by LE. Also, several LE cars were seen at BF's house last night. As to what he was doing in Anderson, Sc last night, I don't know. Someone told me today that he goes to Anderson a lot because of his business. I'm thinking she has been in that well since the 28th or 29th. Casey Rd. is paved, but it doesn't get a lot of traffic, and the well is not located right on the road, but way off the road in a bunch of trees near a river. Nothing around there except a few houses, pasture land, cows, and chicken houses. He could have easily put her in the well during the night and not be seen.

In fact, the well location is only a couple of miles from BF's house "as the crow flies." "As the crow flies" is a southern country term used to measure distance not by traveling the roads, but as a bird would fly. The distance is less than 4 miles by vehicle.

Though it has looked for a while to be heading to this conclusion, I still am so sorry to find that the search for Bonny had to end this way. Thoughts and prayers for all who love her, and especially for her little boy.

Rest in peace, Bonny.

On the Fox 5 Atlanta 6pm news they did a report (in fact was lead story). A law man was interviewed and said that when they went to interview BS (either Friday or Sat) he was gone. But through intel from others they located him in South Carolina (not very far into the state over the state line).

AmandaReckonwith, you ROCK with doing maps. Thanks so much for posting them.

I was able to drive by the location earlier today after LE unblocked Casey Rd. There was yellow crime scene tape scene tape across the dirt drive off Casey Rd. leading to the creek on the property. And by a dirt drive, I don't mean a clear cut one that had lots of gravel or was maintained...it's kind of a worn dirt drive that hasn't been used in many years. The well location looked to me to be less than 100 yards off Casey Rd. Years ago there was small old house on the property, but the house was torn down over 10 years ago. I'm guessing...just guessing...that this abandoned well was for that house. Sheriff Thomas stated in an interview that very few people knew the location of the well. I certainly didn't know, but even though I'm a local, I certainly don't know where every abandoned well is in the county. The BF, to my knowledge, has never had a connection to the property. There was more traffic than usual on Casey Rd. today...people driving, like me, to see the location.

I was able to drive by the location earlier today after LE unblocked Casey Rd. There was yellow crime scene tape scene tape across the dirt drive off Casey Rd. leading to the creek on the property. And by a dirt drive, I don't mean a clear cut one that had lots of gravel or was maintained...it's kind of a worn dirt drive that hasn't been used in many years. The well location looked to me to be less than 100 yards off Casey Rd. Years ago there was small old house on the property, but the house was torn down over 10 years ago. I'm guessing...just guessing...that this abandoned well was for that house. Sheriff Thomas stated in an interview that very few people knew the location of the well. I certainly didn't know, but even though I'm a local, I certainly don't know where every abandoned well is in the county. The BF, to my knowledge, has never had a connection to the property. There was more traffic than usual on Casey Rd. today...people driving, like me, to see the location.

I hope LE was able to complete recovery and forensic efforts at the site before the storms move/d in. (Is it raining in your area now? It is here.)

For those not in Georgia: Much of the state, and the northern portions particularly I believe, is supposed to get large amounts of rain in the next few days -- possibility of flooding in some places. (Our version of the snow you northerners are dealing with, I guess.)

Maybe BF fished at the creek -- is it big enough? Or hunted in the area. And sometimes, too, folks use old abandoned wells for dumping brush, trash, etc. -- that could be how he was familiar with it. Or maybe it is on the property of a friend or family member.

Where is Bonny's young son? Who is taking care of him? Does he have a father who is involved in his life and who he can go and live with?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maianna
Back