GUILTY GA - Bonny Cooner, 33, strangled, dumped in well, Franklin County, 28 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was able to drive by the location earlier today after LE unblocked Casey Rd.
snipped by me to safe space

Thank you hydrangea for your local perspective post. It is always useful and helpful to hear from locals - who are able to provide specific details and insights.

I hope LE was able to complete recovery and forensic efforts at the site before the storms move/d in.

Maybe BF fished at the creek -- is it big enough? Or hunted in the area. And sometimes, too, folks use old abandoned wells for dumping brush, trash, etc. -- that could be how he was familiar with it. Or maybe it is on the property of a friend or family member.

Backwoods, thanks for your post. I too hope we learn "why that well?". The area described by LE interview and hydrangea is an area remote and isolated. I got the impression that investigative interviews led LE to that well; so there must have been something (some tie in) that would make folks name it. I noted on one of the interviews that a reporter asked LE if BS's vehicle was seen in that area and LE did not answer with a yes or no. Maybe that area was one folks used to hang out near the creek? Without someone pointing to that place, it could have been months or years or never for BC being located.

So sorry to hear the news, although - as someone pointed out above - we all figured it would end this way.

RIP, Bonny... :rose:

The "creek" is actually North Fork Broad River. Broad River spans at least 2 counties. There's North Forth, Middle Fork, etc. Broad River in Madison County is very wide, and people canoe and kayak there. The river at the well location is very narrow. I guess a person could fish there, but it's not known as a "fishing hang-out." Some one told me yesterday who owns the property the well is on, but I don't want to reveal that name out of respect, etc. (You could look it up on public records.) To my knowledge, the BF is not related to the owner..he may know them, but I don't know. The LE was able to process the area yesterday before the rain started. It didn't start raining here til last night.

Comments on that article are interesting... Re: his ex-girlfriend.

I read that. Now I will have to search for the comment on here where someone was referring to a girl named Marsha. Anybody know where that comment is located?

I read that. Now I will have to search for the comment on here where someone was referring to a girl named Marsha. Anybody know where that comment is located?

Marsha Arnold and Bonny were friends. There is a rumor going around that when Marsha was murdered (unsolved) that she was dating Brent Shubert. According to a post on FB that I read from Marsha's Mom (PA), there is no truth to the rumor and Brent was NOT dating her daughter. I will go try to find the post from her Mom now....

ETA: I can't find the post from PA, Marsha's Mom. Looks like most of the posts mentioning Marsha on the Elberton Rants & Raves FB page and the Find Bonny FB page have been deleted.

Someone close to the family said Marsha & Brent didn't know each other.

Condolences and prayers for all those that knew and loved Bonny. Thank God they got the perp!!

:rose:

According to the comment section of ABH: BREAKING NEWS: The Franklin County Sheriff's Department has released the cause of death for Bonny Anne Cooner. It was determined the cause of death was strangulation.

My friend who knows the family said the funeral hopefully going to be Thursday. Her son is living w/ his Aunt....Bonny's sister.

This is interesting: "
Investigators say it's possible there will be more arrests in the Bonny Cooner murder."

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/21120528/fiance-charged-in-murder-of-franklin-county-woman

That comment popped right out at me also Hickory Born. I'm wondering if there is someone else who helped or initially withheld information about the murder and/or placing her body in the well. Maybe it will help answer my remaining questions... why that well? And without a confession by BS, how did LE ever know to look in that place.

Thanks yall for the update posts and links.
I'm glad the son is with his aunt and that BS is well on his way to paying for his actions. It makes me "sick" to see him on the older news video "acting" all innocent and "had no idea why she was missing".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BaroqueBof3
Back