Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a Ronnie Adrian Towns listed in McRae, Ga. who is 63 - guess it's his father. Hope they find him and he knows where they are!!

They have been missing for 3 days, if the suspect had anything to do with this the couple is most likely dead.

I wonder if the DA will try for the DP? Or at least threaten it to get a confession? I believe committing a murder during the commission of a felony qualifies in Georgia. If it qualifies the DP will be on the table.

Ugh, what a sweet looking couple.. I'm from Marietta and can hear their accents in my head. :(

Hopefully 'Ronnie' is just on the run for something unrelated to this (drugs or something) and just doesn't happen to be very bright.. really holding out hopes and prayers for this pair.

That looks like it could mug shot of him - hoping they have him - but it could be a previous arrest.

There is a Ronnie Adrian Towns listed in McRae, Ga. who is 63 - guess it's his father. Hope they find him and he knows where they are!!

Given that the suspect's nickname is Jay, I think that probably is his father. Juniors sometimes go by "Junior" which can get shortened to "Jay" (And the thirds sometimes end up going by Trey, i.e. three)

Given that the suspect's nickname is Jay, I think that probably is his father. Juniors sometimes go by "Junior" which can get shortened to "Jay" (And the thirds sometimes end up going by Trey, i.e. three)

Which leads me to believe he's from the area if his father is still living there....better than some transient passing through who could "disappear". Hoping LE is hot on his trail if they don't already have him!!

I have a bad feeling about this one, does not look like it will be ending well. :(

For some reason I have a feeling there is going to be more than one person involved in this.......maybe a group of friends.

They must have something linking him at this point, or they wouldn't have issued the warrants. Whatever it is, they must not have had it when they originally interviewed him. Obviously they didn't keep tabs on him, or he would be in custody by now.

This is going to be some sort of poorly thought-out "get-rich" scheme. My bet would be the initial intention was to simply rob these folks of the cash they were carrying and laugh about it all the way to the nearest bar. Something obviously went wrong with that plan though, most likely Bud Runion himself getting in this kids face.

Another young life ruined due to greed and stupidity, and another innocent couple who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This breaks my heart. Bud could be my dad. I don't understand people wanting to take from others .. And at any cost, including murder.I am praying they are found safe, but I've had a bad feeling since I first read a news article. :(

This is going to be some sort of poorly thought-out "get-rich" scheme. My bet would be the initial intention was to simply rob these folks of the cash they were carrying and laugh about it all the way to the nearest bar. Something obviously went wrong with that plan though, most likely Bud Runion himself getting in this kids face.

If it was a robbery scheme telling the couple to meet them (sellers) in Mcrae was a really bad idea. That is a small town. Why not meet in Macon if the plan was just rob and flee?

If it was a robbery scheme telling the couple to meet them (sellers) in Mcrae was a really bad idea. That is a small town. Why not meet in Macon if the plan was just rob and flee?

Maybe to test their gullibility/willingness to do things? A lot of the Nigerian prince/out-of-country-landlord type schemers, who mostly prey on the elderly, will initially start off with a certain level of unbelievability in their requests and premises. The people who stay onboard are likely to KEEP staying onboard. Or maybe the simplest explanation is this was also a lazy who didn't want to travel anywhere himself. The only time I've traveled out of my way to buy or sell things on Craigslist was when I knew the drive itself might be a mini adventure, and I'd always have someone with me who's into that kind of off-the-beaten path.. not that that's what McRae is like, but driving through south Georgia itself can have some interesting sights.

Who can say if this is the first time this kid has tried this ? The Runion's may be the only people to date that were willing to drive 183 miles in order to meet this (($^#$@#%. He may have been very surprised himself that the scheme even worked. Like I said, poorly thought-out, luckily for LE.

I admit I'm surprised. I thought it was most likely an accident.

I believe that if Bud and June actually purchased the mustang, they would have handled all the ownership transfer and insurance coverage prior to driving it. I hope Bud and June will be brought home safely...:(

true but seems something happened if the Police are calling him a suspect? psychos have a shallow sense of right and wrong. Hoping they are ok

This has hit me hard. My DH is a Vietnam vet and recently purchased a 66 Corvette, that he had always wanted. Fortunately, we went to a reputable dealer, who owns a business, looked, then returned a few weeks later, to test drive and purchase.

So happy to hear that LE has a suspect. What innocent reason would there have been for Ronnie to have spoken with the Runions?

IMHO

Not another Tim Bosma. :( I'm never using Craigslist unless the person is willing to meet me in front of a police station.

ok, so if they police questioned this guy earlier and it didnt' appear anything untowards, or whatever they called it............. does anyone have any opinions on WHY they are now calling him a suspect besides the fact that he has tried theft by deception before, doesnt' mean he had anything to do with this, I would be apt to say "person of interest" instead of suspect, but now in addition, the Police have a warrant for him..............why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny