Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why on God's green earth would Jay buy a burner phone only to give the Runion's his real name and have them come to his home town? I mean good grief...obviously, they could have told their kids his name or the name of the meeting place. And then, in McRae, a place where lots of people knew Jay and his family, Jay could have been spotted carrying out this crime.
It makes zero sense to me.

is this speculation - that JT gave bud and June his name? or is this something known that I missed?

is this speculation - that JT gave bud and June his name? or is this something known that I missed?

No I don't know this....but they stopped at that store and asked the woman there about the road that doesn't exist. How did she think that maybe she should call the Towns family? If the road doesn't exist, why did she think, "Maybe I should call the Towns...." Is it because they told her, "We're meeting someone named Jay there?" I don't know that....that is what I am wondering.

And the video of his brother crying... that's sad!
I wonder deep down if the brother realizes that his brother did do this, or was capable of doing this, and he is in denial.
If it were my brother, I wouldn't be crying, I would be mad that he was set up, if I believed my brother to be innocent.
I would however be crying if deep down in my heart, I knew that he was guilty.
I guess it goes to show ya, how people do react differently...
IMOO.
I see this differently. I would cry if my brother killed someone. I would cry for the person he killed. I would cry for my parents. There are a lot of reasons why he could have been crying. Until facts are presented that prove they should be treated otherwise, I'm going to treat the accused's family as victims as well and show some empathy for what they're going through. They didn't do this. They didn't ask for this. RT has destroyed so many lives with his stupidity and greed.

Just my opinion. I respect totally that others feel differently. Also, Treelights, I don't believe you aren't showing empathy. I'm only expressing how I interpret the brother's tears.

I see this differently. I would cry if my brother killed someone. I would cry for the person he killed. I would cry for my parents. There are a lot of reasons why he could have been crying. Until facts are presented that prove they should be treated otherwise, I'm going to treat the accused's family as victims as well and show some empathy for what they're going through. They didn't do this. They didn't ask for this. RT has destroyed so many lives with his stupidity and greed.

Just my opinion. I respect totally that others feel differently. Also, Treelights, I don't believe you aren't showing empathy. I'm only expressing how I interpret the brother's tears.

Yes, because the brother's words are saying, "My brother didn't do this."

I have not read that anywhere either.

ETA: I just read the explanation for this assumption.

Why on God's green earth would Jay buy a burner phone only to give the Runion's his real name and have them come to his home town? I mean good grief...obviously, they could have told their kids his name or the name of the meeting place. And then, in McRae, a place where lots of people knew Jay and his family, Jay could have been spotted carrying out this crime.
It makes zero sense to me.

Also, wasn't it reported somewhere that the "burner phone was pinged moving south" or something to that effect on Saturday as the news was breaking? And that was when he was either at his dad's place or in the woods, which isn't really "south". But then on Monday didn't the sheriff say that the phone was disposed of quickly (I was assuming right after the murders, which I assumed occurred on Thursday).

I should just look back through the posts and MSM instead of assuming and guessing. I'll try to do that in a bit.

This is the man -creep Ronnie Towns murdered in cold blood:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=844769832228862[/video]

No I don't know this....but they stopped at that store and asked the woman there about the road that doesn't exist. How did she think that maybe she should call the Towns family? If the road doesn't exist, why did she think, "Maybe I should call the Towns...." Is it because they told her, "We're meeting someone named Jay there?" I don't know that....that is what I am wondering.

I haven't watched the video so maybe I have interpreted wrong --but I was taking it that she LATER (after more came out) wished that she had had an opportunity to try to talk "Jay" out of it or whatever. Guess I need to go watch.

I haven't watched the video so maybe I have interpreted wrong --but I was taking it that she LATER (after more came out) wished that she had had an opportunity to try to talk "Jay" out of it or whatever. Guess I need to go watch.

I believe the idea was that if RT realized the Runions had stopped to ask directions that the someone they asked would then know where the Runions were directed to, etc.

The property at 448 Webb Cemetery Rd., McRae, GA is actually subdivided into 2 real estate parcels. One parcel of approx 155 acres is owned currently by Ronnie Towns (father?) The smaller parcel of approx 4 acres was deeded to Ronnie and Swen [sic] Towns (parents?) in 1997 as a gift. This smaller parcel was then deeded from Ronnie and Swen [sic] Towns (parents?) to Ronnie Adrian Towns (suspect) in July 2002 as a sale type of "Kin" for $1,000. What is very interesting to me was that this smaller parcel was deeded from Ronnie Adrian Towns (suspect) to Ronnie Towns (father?) as a "Gift" (so no monetary value listed) on December 9, 2014. So the property that was deeded to the suspect 12 years earlier was transferred to his father ONLY ONE AND A HALF MONTHS before the murders occurred. Does this seem unusual? I wonder if the suspect needed money and his father agreed to help him if he deeded the property over? I think that the suspect was desperate for money.

yes this is correct, i read somewhere he was divorced and thought maybe or someoen speculated he may have given it back to his father for that reason, then found out he is still married then heard he was in wheeler county, next to telfair, one of the counties on the watch list when searching for him..maybe he did need funds

I believe the idea was that if RT realized the Runions had stopped to ask directions that the someone they asked would then know where the Runions were directed to, etc.

But didn't the woman say that the Runions asked about a road that didn't exist? (I'm thinking maybe a GPS glitch.) Ah -- but I see what you're saying, I guess -- RT wouldn't have known what they asked.

I just find it very hard to believe he used his real name (well, maybe he used a first name or his nickname) in his conversations with the Runions.

Just tears...
What a beautiful, kind, caring man and for his life to end in the false hope of pursing a dream with his lovely wife at his side.
I'm just terribly saddened for their entire family.

TELFAIR COUNTY, Ga. — Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson told Channel 2 Action News that robbery was the motive in the murder of a Cobb County couple.

Bud Runion, 69, and June Runion, 66, were shot in the head, sheriff’s officials say. The couple disappeared Thursday, Jan. 22, when they left their Marietta home for south Georgia. The couple were going to purchase a 1966 Ford Mustang. Bud Runion posted an ad on Craigslist looking for someone selling the vehicle, and police say Ronnie “Jay” Towns, 28, responded and lured them to their death.

The couple’s bodies, along with their SUV, were found in Telfair County Monday. The SUV was in a pond, and the bodies of the Runions were nearby, sheriff’s officials say.

Steverson said there is no evidence that Towns had a 1996 Mustang to sell the couple. He said deputies had previously questioned Towns in a rash of petty thefts. He was never charged.

<modsnip>

Funeral services for Bud and June Runion will be held on Saturday, Jan. 31 at 1:00 p.m. at Mt. Paran North Church of God, 1700 Allgood Road, Marietta, GA 30062.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/sheriff-robbery-named-motive-killings-cobb-county-/njymb/

This is the man -creep Ronnie Towns murdered in cold blood:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=844769832228862[/video]

OMG, I cant stop crying. What a beautiful person Bud truly was. A true man of God who was all about giving to make others feel better.

In this video he has the most beautiful sincere eyes to me. Just by looking at them I could tell this man was all about sharing, caring, and love for all.

They truly both were such a loving couple. I see photos of them smiling next to each other or holding hands and I think of the special love my husband and I have for each other and know how richly blessed we are.

They are in Heaven now with the one they always put first in their lives. May they rest in peace.

no. LE has not said what method they used to tie RT's phone number to him.

i'm assuming they got his phone number by looking at an online version of June and bud'do cell phone account - but as far as tying the cell phone number to RT himself -i'm guessing they called the number and he answered the phone and LE was able to get information from him that lead to his identity.

hmmm, i wonder, I know there was mention of AT^T not being very cooperative on the FIND fB page friday or saturday? Did anyone see that?

Also, wasn't it reported somewhere that the "burner phone was pinged moving south" or something to that effect on Saturday as the news was breaking? And that was when he was either at his dad's place or in the woods, which isn't really "south". But then on Monday didn't the sheriff say that the phone was disposed of quickly (I was assuming right after the murders, which I assumed occurred on Thursday).

I should just look back through the posts and MSM instead of assuming and guessing. I'll try to do that in a bit.
I thought i saw this aswell. And i thought it was discussed on this thread about where he would head south to run away and there wasnt many options.
How does the phone head south when the owner is hiding in the bush?

Not sure if you're following the B* C*rt*r case out of Arkansas, but it took a month before LE had enough evidence to arrest the second murder suspect. They also said the guy they first arrested was their only suspect at that time.

Oh wow... I haven't read up on that case in a while and I had NO idea they had someone else. *off to read now*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelanteCO
Back