Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for posting Ronnie Sr's exact words. Pinky dinky must be a southern expression, but I have never hear it, and I am from the south!!! Maybe it is more of a local expression.

The term pinky-dinky used here in N. Ontario, but what is more common is that a person will wiggle their pinky to indicate that a man is ... how do I say it ... anatomically challenged. It's hugely insulting.

James and Angela Kinnett, owners of Kinnett's Antique Store in Telfair County, say Bud Runion stood about 8 feet away from them asking for directions to Jacksonville Scottland road. They said they did not see June Runion's face but knew someone was in the car.

James Kinnett says he asked Runion if he had a name of who he was looking for, but Runion said no. He says he gave him directions and the Runions drove down Old Prison Camp Road right across the street. Just a few miles from the store are where their bodies were found. Angela Kinnett says it wasn't until her daughter showed her a picture of the missing couple on the news that she realized who she'd encountered.

"She showed me a picture and my jaw just dropped because I recognized Mr. Runion, and I said, 'Lindsay, they stopped at the store,' and she said, 'No, they didn't, mama,' and I said, 'Yes, they did.' So she told me to call the police, so I did," said Kinnett.

Mr. Kinnett says he asked Bud Runion for a name because he's lived here all his life and knows everyone. They feel if they had the name of who the Runions were going to see, there may have been a different outcome.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...recalls-meeting-bud-and-june-runion/22493375/

The term pinky-dinky used here in N. Ontario, but what is more common is that a person will wiggle their pinky to indicate that a man is ... how do,I say it ... anatomically challenged. It's hugely insulting.

Yup. Have to guess that the old expression 'rinky dink' was said/meant/intended.

You know after seeing Buds video talking about what he did with bikes. On the family's FB page maybe we all can be a little like this couple. And just do a little something to help people in our own towns . This couple sure did pay it forward.
I know this has woke me up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JDB, I was thinking the same thing.

Hallelujah!! ME TOO, we all need his kind of love and direction, he's witnessing still!

You know I told June's cousin last night . What amazes me is even with the news of what happened .i've not seen one angry word from anyone of their family.
She tells me they are hurting don't understand. But two things family was always taught . To have faith in God and Trust him. And to forgive .
Which to me are great things to live by . All of us need to learn and maybe listen to what Bud & June are saying to us .

I honestly don't know what to think, I've been reading so much about this case and am completely outraged over the deaths of the Runions, right after the deaths of the Chumney and beyond livid. But for some reason, I can't wrap my head around Jay being the killer, but I could be totally wrong (i have been before, many times). But there seems to be a lot of doubt from not only posters here but everywhere, so I thought I'd show an example of complete confidence in the arrest in a previous case, only for it not to be the case.

Maybe I just can't wrap my head around murdering an elderly couple in any circumstance, so no matter who had been arrested I may be in disbelief.

I suppose that is understandable. I really don't understand why others think that he didn't do this but of course I respect all rights for anyone to believe as they wish to believe.

I have no doubt that he is the one and the only one but that is just how I feel based on the evidence we have seen thus far.

Maybe its because he has a pretty face or maybe its because he has never been charged with any crimes or comes from a good family. I do know sometimes that resonates with some but as long as I have been keeping up with true crime none of that even enters my mind anymore.

After 30 years of keeping up with criminal cases I know that evil comes in all shapes and sizes and killers don't look like monsters like we like to pretend they do. They are people who walk among us everyday that look just like everyone else and we have no idea when they will strike.

Unfortunately many of the elderly have been murdered for senseless reasons like this and by much younger offenders. The young seem to want to prey on the elderly thinking they are unable to protect themselves. I am elated to read about cases where an elderly person shot a home invader and there are more and more cases where the elderly are fighting back.

But Bud and June was blindsided. They too probably thought Towns was a nice young man at first until they realized they were staring into those cold emotionless eyes and then when too late....they knew he was not what he appeared to be but was the monster who would take their lives away from them.

IMO

You know after seeing Buds video talking about what he did with bikes. On the family's FB page maybe we all can be a little like this couple. And just do a little something to help people in our own towns . This couple sure did pay it forward.
I know this has woke me up

I do plan to donate funds for Bud's legacy to continue. Its the right thing to do.

I think many many others will do the same.

I have never seen a case quite like this one that has touched the hearts of thousands all over the country.

Usually on FB someone will come in and say something offense but not this time. Every post I have seen is pure love and heartfelt sympathy for the Runions and what they both stood for.

Towns may have taken their life here on earth but their loving spirit remains strong and cant be eradicated even in death.

These murders are just so terrible. It sounds like RT shot them and just left them where they landed. He didn't even try to bury the bodies. I'll bet he went through their pockets and took what he could before leaving them laying out there. If so, I bet some of the Runion's cash/belongings were found in RT's trailer. I keep thinking it didn't really matter to RT whether or not he got caught. This case is going to stay with me for a very long time.

Runion daughter: Dad ‘wouldn’t have gone out without ... trying to protect my mother’

...Patterson said her father served in the Army’s 1st Cavalry Division in Vietnam, though he never talked to her about the experience in detail.

“He’s a survivor and fighter, and I know he wouldn’t have gone out without fighting and trying to protect my mother,” she said. ...

read more at: http://www.macon.com/2015/01/28/3556542/runion-daughter-dad-wouldnt-have.html

Lots more heartwarming (and heartbreaking) information about the Runions.

Well, let me jump right out there.

I highly doubt Jay acted alone.

There...I said it.

Let the assault begin. :bricks:

These murders are just so terrible. It sounds like RT shot them and just left them where they landed. He didn't even try to bury the bodies. I'll bet he went through their pockets and took what he could before leaving them laying out there. If so, I bet some of the Runion's cash/belongings were found in RT's trailer. I keep thinking it didn't really matter to RT whether or not he got caught. This case is going to stay with me for a very long time.

I think this case will haunt a lot of us for a very long time. It truly is about evil and goodness.

I do believe you are 100% correct. After murdering them he went through their belongings in the SUV and on their bodies and took what he wanted. I do think LE did find Bud and June's possessions in his mobile home. The Towns family let that little bit of information out in their interview but of course they said someone could have put it there to set him up. A ridiculous statement to make but one expected from the family members of a murder defendant.

James and Angela Kinnett, owners of Kinnett's Antique Store in Telfair County, say Bud Runion stood about 8 feet away from them asking for directions to Jacksonville Scottland road. They said they did not see June Runion's face but knew someone was in the car.

James Kinnett says he asked Runion if he had a name of who he was looking for, but Runion said no. He says he gave him directions and the Runions drove down Old Prison Camp Road right across the street. Just a few miles from the store are where their bodies were found. Angela Kinnett says it wasn't until her daughter showed her a picture of the missing couple on the news that she realized who she'd encountered.

"She showed me a picture and my jaw just dropped because I recognized Mr. Runion, and I said, 'Lindsay, they stopped at the store,' and she said, 'No, they didn't, mama,' and I said, 'Yes, they did.' So she told me to call the police, so I did," said Kinnett.

Mr. Kinnett says he asked Bud Runion for a name because he's lived here all his life and knows everyone. They feel if they had the name of who the Runions were going to see, there may have been a different outcome.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...recalls-meeting-bud-and-june-runion/22493375/

See, I have serious issues with this. Why would a man as obviously intelligent as Mr. Runion was, drive 3 hours to buy a vehicle from a man he didn't even know by name?
And he didn't have the vehicle VIN number?
When we purchased used cars for all of our kids, we always paid to run a history on the VIN numbers....to make sure they weren't stolen and to verify the accident history of the cars.

I can't get my mind around this story. I really can't.

My heart is broken but my mind won't quit working.

(BTW, thank you Monkey41 for this transcript. It helps a lot.)

There...I said it.

No bricks here! At first I thought there was someone else involved, but with the info released I don't think anyone else was involved. I think RT acted alone. Imo, if someone else was involved, I think there would have been more of an effort in not getting caught. What is it that makes you think RT didn't act alone?

There...I said it.

No bricks here . My gut is telling me the same thing . But right now regardless I just want Justice for Bud & June .

See, I have serious issues with this. Why would a man as obviously intelligent as Mr. Runion was, drive 3 hours to buy a vehicle from a man he didn't even know by name?
And he didn't have the vehicle VIN number?
When we purchased used cars for all of our kids, we always paid to run a history on the VIN numbers....to make sure they weren't stolen and to verify the accident history of the cars.

I can't get my mind around this story. I really can't.

My heart is broken but my mind won't quit working.

(BTW, thank you Monkey41 for this transcript. It helps a lot.)

I wanted to comment on this, too. I don't want it to sound like I'm victim blaming, but they emailed, texted, phone calls and they didn't know his name? I'd like to know if they really did take cash, since that hasn't been confirmed. They didn't run a carfax?

I believe that one person could have done this, I believe Towns could have done this, but I have this nagging feeling that either he wasn't involved or that he was not acting alone. I have absolutely no evidence or reasoning, just a nagging feeling.

There...I said it.

:shame:

joking, Im really still somewhat torn , I think because of his family's reaction mostly but still mostly wondering if he's just psychopathic due to viewing of his court appearance

No bricks here! At first I thought there was someone else involved, but with the info released I don't think anyone else was involved. I think RT acted alone. Imo, if someone else was involved, I think there would have been more of an effort in not getting caught. What is it that makes you think RT didn't act alone?

Because I am trying to figure out how Jay came up with this plan...and why? There are easier ways to get money than this. Everyone around said he was a pretty smart guy. So its hard to imagine him carrying out this plan right there close to home.
I felt like maybe a drug dealer set this up with him.
I don't know...maybe I'm wrong. But in my experience with these things, dealers are fairly ignorant people. They have a few street smarts but most of them don't even have enough sense to keep a driver's license. They use others' needs for drugs to get rides and do drug deliveries. They convince the small guys to do some of these crazy things in exchange for money and drugs....and this story makes me think of something like that.
The whole thing is just wrong. I can't understand why Mr. Runion went down there and didn't even have Jay's name...and didn't leave any information of substance with his family....and didn't have anything solid about the car, like the VIN number so he could trace it.
In my heart, I wish we could turn back time....so sad, the whole situation. I'm heartsick.

The term pinky-dinky used here in N. Ontario, but what is more common is that a person will wiggle their pinky to indicate that a man is ... how do I say it ... anatomically challenged. It's hugely insulting.

musicaljoke---thanks for elaborating on this! Very funny! So, how did an expression from N. Ontario end up in S. Georgia???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic
Back